Tom Cruise singing 'Paradise City'

Estranged Reality

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hahaha he sounds so weak, whoever said this sounds better than Myles has one hell of a bias, this is god awful

I dunno, I think it's ok. Besides, it's just a one off for a movie. Tom Cruise isn't out trying to be a singer outside of the film.

I was more impressed with how much the guitar tone sounded like appetite. That's the closest I've heard ever, not even slash has gotten that close

To clear up some confusion anyone can get the appetite sound now, it was just unattainable in the early 90s because no one knew what amp slash used but we all know what guitars he used for Appetite. It turns out years later that the amp was a 1959 Super Tremolo (1959T) with the #36 mod. It took a lot of digging up but the truth is Slash has no reason to go back to the Appetite sound. What he uses now works. The amp is very rare though and pricey. The mod itself costs more than some amps.

I was more impressed with how much the guitar tone sounded like appetite. That's the closest I've heard ever, not even slash has gotten that close

To clear up some confusion anyone can get the appetite sound now, it was just unattainable in the early 90s because no one knew what amp slash used but we all know what guitars he used for Appetite. It turns out years later that the amp was a 1959 Super Tremolo (1959T) with the #36 mod. It took a lot of digging up but the truth is Slash has no reason to go back to the Appetite sound. What he uses now works. The amp is very rare though and pricey. The mod itself costs more than some amps.

I didn't know they had tracked down the exact model and mod. How'd the find it after it was stolen?

Doesn't really sound like Tom Cruise, but I've never heard him sing before. I'm pretty sure PC wasn't in the broadway show. Maybe they used it in the movie since Tom Cruise is basically playing an exaggerated version of Axl Rose circa '91.

This isn't a movie I'd normally want to see, but everything I read says that Tom Cruise's performance is Oscar worthy. So, it may be interesting.

i was reading the latest issue of EW and the costume designer said she chose a big fur coat for Tom (a vintage one from the '70s, i believe) based on a picture of Axl Rose that she saw.

so yeah, he's sort of based off Axl a bit.