How would you like to see the rest of the CD material released?

rumandraisin

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't care, I just want it all released except for the AFD sessions, that'd be pretty pointless

Agreed. But Axl apparently gave up on releasing the re-recorded AFD - he never mentioned it again. Not to mention that the only bit we've heard @ Big Daddy's SCOM version is weak - Robin's solo ain't good at all compared to what he does live imo and his takes on the old material aren't exactly mind blowing...

They just recorded it to give the new guys a feel for the album since they were going to be playing the shit out of it for years to come, it would bring nothing but bad publicity to them if they put it out, pretty sure Axl knows that as good as anyone.

Half of the sweet child on big daddy isn't even the new band, up until the guitar solo it was all live old band except for Axl's overdubbed vocals

But this is exactly what I'm talking about. The Finck part is the wah bit after the solo (and the rest of the song) and it doesn't sound as good as his live renditions of the solo imo.

Like this topic, thanx!

I´d love to have the CD3 with those outakes, Tommy recognised there was like 22 left tracks from Chinese.

If we were given this before Xmas it´d be a BLAST!! hope Axl´s got a little bit of misery for us.

The BOX, the whole package, that´s a dream. God knows we deserve it but I think It´s never gonna happen.

AXL IS NOT AWARE OF HOW DESPERATE WE FANS ARE AT THIS MOMENT.

Axl's tarnished the bands legacy. I think he should release new music this very second.

Does anyone else think Jackie Chan is a weird name for a song?

Half of me thinks Axl was just fucking with us when he gave us that song title name...

Disagree. Think it's a sexy name. Hell, I'm STILL masturbating to it..

But seriously I don't know if it's legit or not..it'd be nice if Axl told us, or released a new album more than once per century.

I just wish we had more info but the day Axl tells us, it'll be too soon.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I would rather have AFD/UYI demos.

We have most of the AFD/UYI demos out there SS...We even have some TSI demos.

We have demos for all CD songs but three or something as well.

I want the old demos in good quality. I also want unreleased songs from the old days. One old unreleased song in great quality would be far more worth for me than 20 CD demos.

Does anyone else think Jackie Chan is a weird name for a song?

Half of me thinks Axl was just fucking with us when he gave us that song title name...

i bet robin finck has a big solo on Jackie Chan that's better than his big solo on better

Jackie Chan sounds total Buckethead. He gave away for free a Bruce Lee track from his website.

i think jackie chan soudns total robin finck ha ha. so. we have to wait and see who's right lol

Just release a box-set of everything they recorded over the last 20 years.

It can be complete songs, outtakes, demos, remixes. Hell, have some live footage on it as well.

Just release it all than start fresh. They can even keep a song or two from the box-set to use on the next album.

I want the old demos in good quality. I also want unreleased songs from the old days. One old unreleased song in great quality would be far more worth for me than 20 CD demos.

+1

There are a few Use your Illusion unreleased songs you can listen to on youtube, I didn't know those songs existed just a few weeks ago. It was great hearing them for the first time.

Just release a box-set of everything they recorded over the last 20 years.

It can be complete songs, outtakes, demos, remixes. Hell, have some live footage on it as well.

Just release it all than start fresh. They can even keep a song or two from the box-set to use on the next album.

fantastic idea. lots of robin and bucket songs, outtakes, demos, and remixes "unreleased" from the chinese democracy recording sessions

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

+1

There are a few Use your Illusion unreleased songs you can listen to on youtube, I didn't know those songs existed just a few weeks ago. It was great hearing them for the first time.

Yeah, thanks, I've been had all demos that are out there for the public for years though. I used to be one of the people that always uploaded bootlegs (both demos and concerts) whenever people asked some years ago. It was a long time ago now though.

I would really like to hear the 1999 AFD don't know why. But still would rather have the CD stuff

i'd kill 2 hear 99 re-recorded AFD. hear how robin and bucket measure up to slash on their AFD record

why would Bucket be on AFD '99? Bucket joined in 2000.

They should do what the Cult did with their 2 -"Rare Cult" boxes and release it as a multi disc box set and start fresh and record some new music with the current band...

Agreed. It shouldn't be too hard to put finishing touches on material that is already pretty much done. Release that asap, and get this band in the studio for a new release next year.

I honestly don't understand the reasoning behind this not happening yet. If it does have anything to do with the record company, fuck 'em, release it online. I don't know how much it would cost Axl to buy out his contract, but if they can't come to an agreement, it would be well worth it.

I would really like to hear the 1999 AFD don't know why. But still would rather have the CD stuff

i'd kill 2 hear 99 re-recorded AFD. hear how robin and bucket measure up to slash on their AFD record

why would bumblefoot be on chinese democracy? buckethead is probably on re-recorded AFD

why would bumblefoot be on chinese democracy? buckethead is probably on re-recorded AFD

the whole thing was both completed and abandoned before Buckethead joined

the whole thing was both completed and abandoned before Buckethead joined

i believe axl took another look at AFD when buckethead arrived in guns n roses

Anything from 1999 on id love to hear..... Just release it as a box set and release it in stores, itunes or anywhere! Hell send Tommy to the pubs with it and sell it there, even. i just want to rock it

Anything from 1999 on id love to hear..... Just release it as a box set and release it in stores, itunes or anywhere! Hell send Tommy to the pubs with it and sell it there, even. i just want to rock it

i'd love hearing everything robin finck, buckethead, tommy stinson, richard fortus, dizzy reed, chris pittman, and brain have done together in the studio from 1999 on

Put the shit up on the GnR site as a paid download. So much per song, or so much for an entire cd worth of songs. Then 2 months later relese a retail copy that has 2 or 3 "bonus" songs on it. Whatever. Just get it out there.......