Funkadelic

Vincent Vega

I've been listening to a lot of Funkadelic lately and they're fucking awesome--Am loving America Eats It's Young. Anyone else love Funkadelic? What is their best album, in your opinion?

Also, what are some other classic 70s Funk groups? Like the kind of music I'd find in a '70s "Blaxploitation" movie?

I've been listening to a lot of Funkadelic lately and they're fucking awesome--Am loving America Eats It's Young. Anyone else love Funkadelic? What is their best album, in your opinion?

Also, what are some other classic 70s Funk groups? Like the kind of music I'd find in a '70s "Blaxploitation" movie?

One Nation Under a Groove is good, the first three are classics, there's a live CD from 70-71 I like "Maggot Brain" off of, but I listen to Parliament more.

I think more along the lines of songs than whole albums, and I think there was a lot of great funk in the early 80s - Rick James, Bootsy's Rubber Band, Ohio Players, Sly and the Family Stone (Fresh is a favorite, Riot is overrated but it's still classic), James Brown (late 60s-early 70s), Stevie Wonder (early mid 70s), Commodores (minus the Lionel Ritchie ballads, they were really funky), O'Jays, Prince, Kool and the Gang, Temptations, Hot Chocolate, Graham Central Station, Con Funk Shun, The Meters. I would just go through You Tube.