What are you most proud of?

There's a lot I'm not proud of. A lot of things I could have done better or should have been stronger through. I do mostly like the person I've become in the last couple years, though (I probably 80% like me). I guess if I'm proud of anything, I'm proud of the transformation of self that I've had in the last two years. But right now I'm pretty worthless to society officially. I hope I can change that soon. I'm trying. I think I've almost sort of discovered my little niche in the world and I need to just settle into it a little.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a lot I'm not proud of. A lot of things I could have done better or should have been stronger through. I do mostly like the person I've become in the last couple years, though (I probably 80% like me). I guess if I'm proud of anything, I'm proud of the transformation of self that I've had in the last two years. But right now I'm pretty worthless to society officially. I hope I can change that soon. I'm trying. I think I've almost sort of discovered my little niche in the world and I need to just settle into it a little.

thats awesome, and good post. real talk.

protip: i think role models are important. setting standards and striving for them.

funny thing about that is, at least in my experience, i would strive to be like someone then reach a certain point and realize, "that persons not as great as i thought", so i would pick someone else and aim my standards a bit higher, and the process would continue. whether it was their diet, education,work habits, their character or integrity(most important imo), its just striving to be the best you can be.

whether its people in your life or people in media, the person you set your sights on is not as important as the development it fosters. in three years ive gone through probably 5 mentors, or more accurately, people i look up to. i've come a long way and i think that approach was key.

and if that doesn't work, there is also the alternative of "i just dont want to be THAT guy". maybe you dont strive to be the best, instead strive to not be the absolute worst. that is effective too. i find myself doing that now that i think about it. thats a fun game to play in the grocery store with ginormous people!

Edited by Jackie Moon

I think pride in a person comes from others, you just tend to do what you do and others see it as a thing you should be proud of.

This may be corny but I'm proud of the father I am. My childhood like many other people's sucked. It's good to know I broke the cycle and they are happy and cared for.

Other than that I don't really get pride from things I do, I kind of see it as the norm and part of life so pride is not an issue. I got my degree because I decided I would, being proud I put in the work seems odd because it's not above and beyond what I expected it to be.

Oh man, so many things I don't even know where to begin.

I'm proud of the awesome guy I have grown to be. I'm proud of all of my achievements in life so far. I'm proud of my profession (not my job, but my actual profession that I learned for).

I'm proud that I served my country (and still do occasionally), as you all know. I'm not a violent man, and don't believe in violence as a solution, but sometimes you just have to be realistic and defend your home. I'm very proud I did that, though I don't go parading it and gloating (you may notice my signature, but a. it was written 6 years ago b. it's a joke).

I'm proud that I overcame all the shit I've been through, my family problems and my mental issues that are still present. I'm proud that I became a better person because of that.

I'm proud that I'm honest, I tell the truth to people even if they don't like it or it touches a nerve, if it has to be said I say it (not everything has to be said). And I'm honest about myself. I don't try to fool people into thinking I'm something I am not and I have no trouble admitting my flaws and insecurities.

All in all I'm pretty awesome, so there's a lot to be proud of. Don't want to bore you with the details.:tongue2:

not trying to be an ass or offend anybody but isn't having kids like accomplish something without needing any talent? :P

I don't think I have done anything that I would say I'm proud of.... I'm only 20 so maybe sometime later in the future I will finnaly do something that's worth being proud over.

huge difference between having kids and raising kids.

its much easier to have them than to raise them...and thats a serious fucking issue.

This! any dimwit can father children but I am proud of how my girls have turned out..........

Guest Len B'stard

I can't think of a single thing :lol: Hmmm, what am i proud of? I don't really have any skills to speak of, i'm not like...y'know, i'd be blagging if i said i was some fuckin star striker or...i dunno, had a good business head or...particularly anything :lol: I'm not educated or anything so i can't say A Levels or degrees cuz i ain't really got none of that. I'm not really someone that has a lot of pride i guess. My little niece i suppose, does that count, she's not even mine although she's grown her 7 years with me pokin' around here and there, i dunno, she not exactly an achievement of mine in any sense but i just mean...i'm proud that she's my niece. I'm proud of my football team, The Imperial Arsenal but again, not an achievement of mine.

I'm not exactly a very fuckin intelligent person to be putting down things like Jackies saying about huge companies and all that, probably scare the fuckin life out of me, something like that. I ain't like, y'know, brainy or whatever. Like, people i know and even some of yous lot, it amazes me how fuckin clever and clued up you are and how much different shit you know about all types of different shit, it's really quite amazing.

I don't know, i guess the answer is fuck all. I'm not really someone thats ever set himself "goals" in his life, thats one kinda avenue i guess where, y'know, you achieve so it's something to be proud of. I ain't got a fuckin clue if i'm honest.

Pride is a symptom of an ego rum amok

Spoken like a truly useless cunt :rofl-lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

I can't think of a single thing :lol: Hmmm, what am i proud of? I don't really have any skills to speak of, i'm not like...y'know, i'd be blagging if i said i was some fuckin star striker or...i dunno, had a good business head or...particularly anything :lol: I'm not educated or anything so i can't say A Levels or degrees cuz i ain't really got none of that. I'm not really someone that has a lot of pride i guess. My little niece i suppose, does that count, she's not even mine although she's grown her 7 years with me pokin' around here and there, i dunno, she not exactly an achievement of mine in any sense but i just mean...i'm proud that she's my niece. I'm proud of my football team, The Imperial Arsenal but again, not an achievement of mine.

I'm not exactly a very fuckin intelligent person to be putting down things like Jackies saying about huge companies and all that, probably scare the fuckin life out of me, something like that. I ain't like, y'know, brainy or whatever. Like, people i know and even some of yous lot, it amazes me how fuckin clever and clued up you are and how much different shit you know about all types of different shit, it's really quite amazing.

I don't know, i guess the answer is fuck all. I'm not really someone thats ever set himself "goals" in his life, thats one kinda avenue i guess where, y'know, you achieve so it's something to be proud of. I ain't got a fuckin clue if i'm honest.

You should be proud of your knowledge of music and movies (and I do I believe this regardless of how terrible I consider your taste in music to be :P). It's not a productive achievement by any means but being really good at even one thing is more than most people have have ever achieved.

• 3 weeks later...