Rate your current level of satisfaction as a GNR fan

Rate your current level of satisfaction as a GNR fan  

298 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Favorite singer of all time.

Still listen to CD several times a week.

Have seen the non-classic version three times, amazing shows each time.

Bummer being a 25 year fan of a singer who isn't interested in sharing new music with his fans.

and i love to share my lack of satisfaction with other people who like or used to like gnr. it feels good to see there are other people like me. we do love gnr music but we are not blind. i'm a fan of axl the musician, his work is great. axl as a person is the biggest asshole of the music industry. his idiotic behavior being considered as credibility by some is unbelieveable.

one album and endless touring is not gnr's level. we know how great this band can be and it's sad to see all this happening. no new music, great musicians leaving the band, sub-par replacements.

so much potential. it's amazing how genius one can be with music and a complete idiot with everyting else.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

If you were really a 1 , then you wouldn't be a fan anymore. So why waste your time if you're so unsatisfied.

I am a fan of the old band and I am highly unsatisfied with what has become of the band I love.

2 mainly because they keep touring and that's is always a plus.

Things I'm not satisfied:

- Axl Voice: Micky Mouse is back. Saw him in 2010 and in 2011. He was ok, because his voice was 'covered' with the huge layer of live music. Saw the youtube vids of the same gigs, with Axl voice sounding more 'prominent', and you can tell he doesn't sound good. The vids from 2012 shows that he has gotten even worse. I'm starting to think that he is the weak link nowadays for the live shows (never thought I could say that about Axl Rose).

- Setlist: seeing estranged + civil war do their comeback was great, but it would be even cooler for them to keep mixing the setlist every show.

- Lack of interest in communicating with fans: we have the TMS interview and 1 other interview, but we need Axl to do interviews constantly.

- Lack of information/interest for a new album: at least a tell us what to expect. If GNR doesn't plan to release a new album in the short/middle term, at least tell us.

8. I can see where some people are starting to get bored of the endless touring, but I haven't yet. Fact is, they're one of the best live bands in the world right now, and any opportunity to see them again is okay in my book. Of course I'd love some new material though...

I personally voted 6, which may surprise some people. I'm happy they are not totally inactive like the 2003-2005 era and that they are touring. When/if they announce shows for my town, my rating will go up to 7 and when I'm at the actual show it will probably increase to 8. Announcing a new album for this year will bring it up to 10 even if the aforementioned events do not occur. But it's cool they are touring. Wish Axl would get his vocals up to his 2010 standard though..

9. The band is active. I was expecting long downtime after the US tour last year, so the fact that they're still on the road is great. I never thought I was going to see this band live, and now I've seen them twice. Not to mention a functioning website, great setlists, Izzy appearances, and barely any cancelled dates. I just wish that more details about a future album are revealed.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Fact is, they're one of the best live bands in the world right now

I would argue against that to death. No, they're not one of the best live bands. They're not even that good live. Axl is good live. He's an performer at least and are always entertaining to watch, even if his voice isn't much to cheer for lately. Ashba and Fortus are okay live. At least they have some stage presence and Ashba even have some energy on stage. The rest of them lack both energy and stage presence.

What you confuse to be a good live band is actually that they are playing songs that you like. Songs that another band wrote...

If you try to look at it objectively, they really aren't good live. Not only because of their boring (and when you attend the shows, seemingly endless) solo spots, but also because of the complete lack of energy and stage presence. They don't even play the songs well. Anyone that would argue that this band is better live than the old band are deluded. It's just to listen to the HOF performance to see the difference. Their drummer can't play Mr Brownstone, Rocket Queen and You Could Be Mine. They don't have the attitude to pull off a song like It's So Easy and it just sounds really plain when they play it. Their guitarists and bassist usually just stand in one spot during the song and walk around between the songs. Bumblefoot is constantly out of tune, not to mention that he adds a really awful (let's not fool ourselves, it really is awful and most of the time not even melodic) shredding in the weirdest of places, like for KOHD, for example.

Much more could be said, but I'm not going to waste more time, I know you'll just deny it all.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed both songs I saw, but for the same reason as you do. I am a fan of Axl and most of the songs that was being played. It certainly wasn't for the performance itself.

This is the reason why they constantly get bad reviews when newspapers and magazines write about their shows. Because they look at it from an objective point of view.

with:

Axl raspy voice -> 9

New Songs -> 10

Eight here, too. It would have been 9 if they'd played some new songs, and 10 if they had actually released the follow-up by now. It will be 7 if nothing happens after the tour, and then gradually fall down to 5 for each subsequent year, where it will stabilize as I care less and less.