Rate your current level of satisfaction as a GNR fan

Rate your current level of satisfaction as a GNR fan  

298 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8. Everyone bitching about setlists, no new material, blah blah blah...anyone else remember back in 2002 when every show felt like it could be their last? 2006, when the tour ended and we had no clue what the future held? Right now, we have a band touring regularly, tweeting and doing interviews, interacting with fans on a regular basis, having just brought out 2 HUGE fan favorite deep cuts and putting them into regular rotation. We've gotten stadium shows; we've gotten club shows; we've gotten Civil War and Estranged. Would be slightly happier with the promise of something new, but unlike most around here (or so it seems) I actually remember how awful the early 21st century was for being a GNR fan, and am thrilled with where we have gotten.

Originally I started coming here because of Chinese Democracy. As a fan of the original music I was excited to hear that there'd be another GnR album. I loved CD and was excited at the possibility of attending a show that supported it. Lurking on these forums helped sustain the excitement by reading about the good shows that people had been to and also the possible surprises that might be and have been at shows. Sadly, the possibility of the show dies down when there has been no mention of my country (NZ) at all in the 4 years post-CD release and countries have been revisited in that time. The likeliness of a show occurring in NZ combined with the fact a successor to CD is not officially in development means that there is nothing to look forward to, therefore not much to be satisfied about.

Originally I started coming here because of Chinese Democracy. As a fan of the original music I was excited to hear that there'd be another GnR album. I loved CD and was excited at the possibility of attending a show that supported it. Lurking on these forums helped sustain the excitement by reading about the good shows that people had been to and also the possible surprises that might be and have been at shows. Sadly, the possibility of the show dies down when there has been no mention of my country (NZ) at all in the 4 years post-CD release and countries have been revisited in that time. The likeliness of a show occurring in NZ combined with the fact a successor to CD is not officially in development means that there is nothing to look forward to, therefore not much to be satisfied about.

Can't you just be happy because of all the great, timeless music the band has created?

Can't you just be happy because of all the great, timeless music the band has created?

I am happy for the music. However, I am not "currently" satisfied. I find a lot of satisfaction in having something to look forward to. I have listened to GnR tracks over 10-thousand times according to what's been recorded on last.fm. I still enjoy the music and consider it some of the best I have listened to (for this reason I didn't vote the lowest). However, there is no type of entertainment that provides the same satisfaction over and over, otherwise it would be perfect. Nothing is perfect ;)

Fact is, they're one of the best live bands in the world right now

I would argue against that to death. No, they're not one of the best live bands. They're not even that good live. Axl is good live. He's an performer at least and are always entertaining to watch, even if his voice isn't much to cheer for lately. Ashba and Fortus are okay live. At least they have some stage presence and Ashba even have some energy on stage. The rest of them lack both energy and stage presence.

What you confuse to be a good live band is actually that they are playing songs that you like. Songs that another band wrote...

If you try to look at it objectively, they really aren't good live. Not only because of their boring (and when you attend the shows, seemingly endless) solo spots, but also because of the complete lack of energy and stage presence. They don't even play the songs well. Anyone that would argue that this band is better live than the old band are deluded. It's just to listen to the HOF performance to see the difference. Their drummer can't play Mr Brownstone, Rocket Queen and You Could Be Mine. They don't have the attitude to pull off a song like It's So Easy and it just sounds really plain when they play it. Their guitarists and bassist usually just stand in one spot during the song and walk around between the songs. Bumblefoot is constantly out of tune, not to mention that he adds a really awful (let's not fool ourselves, it really is awful and most of the time not even melodic) shredding in the weirdest of places, like for KOHD, for example.

Much more could be said, but I'm not going to waste more time, I know you'll just deny it all.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed both songs I saw, but for the same reason as you do. I am a fan of Axl and most of the songs that was being played. It certainly wasn't for the performance itself.

This is the reason why they constantly get bad reviews when newspapers and magazines write about their shows. Because they look at it from an objective point of view.

That is the single most accurate description of the current line up I've ever read.

We've got a real band, very friendly and talented

Gn'R was introduced on the RnrHOF

Greatest Hits at No. 3 on Billboard Album Chart this February

Izzy and Duff played several shows with the band

Axl is happy. (His voice is still awesome)

3 years of Chinese Democracy tour since CD was released

Several pro shot

A great set list, with 7 AFD songs, 7 CD songs and 7 UYI songs and 1 lies.> 3 hours of kick ass gig ! Many suprises (Robin Finck, Nice Boys, daed Flowers, 14 years, mama Kin, TWAT, Sebastian Bach, Catcher...)

And finally a upcoming new album

Edited by tranconneuse

I'm glad they're touring, and putting on solid shows for the fans going to see them, but at this point I just want new music from Axl. I loved CD and I had hoped he wouldn't take so long to release the follow up album. Frustrating.

I don't judge or pretend to be a rock critic. I just enjoy the music and the fact that GN'R are touring again. I waited patiently for Chinese Democracy (without judgement) and enjoy it very fucking much and will wait as long as it takes for the next album to come out, again without judgement! B)

Axl Rose= Legend

finally a gnr fan on a gnr forum :)

Satanist is just a hater. I used to like you but YOU'RE obviously the one who's deluded here.

Also Frank added his own groove to some songs, which sounds really cool. Complaining about stage presence is also bullshit because they move around the stage all the time, playing with the crowd, and joking around. And how the fuck can people complain about solo spots? Back in the '90s we even got BARON VON STORM doing some drumsolo.

But hey, I've seen a lot of shows so I must be wrong because the people who only watch some lame Youtube videos know everything better.

Really sad how people complain about shit even though they don't attend any of the shows.

Anyway, I give the band a 7 atm. Axl sounded pretty great yesterday, they added Estranged and Civil War, and they're at least doing something. And ofcourse I'd love to see them do something new, but I'm satisfied with going to a show every once in a while.

21517418.jpg

Finding a new singer is Slash's Chinese Democracy.