Rate your current level of satisfaction as a GNR fan

Rate your current level of satisfaction as a GNR fan  

298 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Fascinating. Please tell me how there is no way you could be less satisfied about Guns N' Roses considering that you give them the lowest value on the scale. Would you be more satisfied if the band stopped touring and just disappeared out of the radar? Would you be more satisfied if the band didn't do live streams? Would you be more satisfied if new leaks didn't show up occasionally signalling more music in the future? Would you be more satisfied if the band didn't have a stable lineup and apparently had great chemistry? Would you be more satisfied if the band didn't recently make an effort to launch a new web site indicating that the band is gearing up for the future? Would you be more satisfied if the band didn't do lots of interviews and being really accessible to fans? Would you be more satisfied if GN'R cancelled shows and tours? What score would you have given to the band in 1998? Or in 2002? Or in 2005? Or in 2007?

It's remarkable that those who give this band a 1 are still obsessed enough in some way to continue following it. Of course, they do remind us of this fact by their very presence in this section. Thumbs up to them for their dedication. thumbsup.gif

Nobody can deny the greatness of Axl and Guns N' Roses. A lot of folks around here like to hide their love and it's ok I understand they need attention even if it is from some strangers on the internet.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fascinating. Please tell me how there is no way you could be less satisfied about Guns N' Roses considering that you give them the lowest value on the scale. Would you be more satisfied if the band stopped touring and just disappeared out of the radar? Would you be more satisfied if the band didn't do live streams? Would you be more satisfied if new leaks didn't show up occasionally signalling more music in the future? Would you be more satisfied if the band didn't have a stable lineup and apparently had great chemistry? Would you be more satisfied if the band didn't recently make an effort to launch a new web site indicating that the band is gearing up for the future? Would you be more satisfied if the band didn't do lots of interviews and being really accessible to fans? Would you be more satisfied if GN'R cancelled shows and tours? What score would you have given to the band in 1998? Or in 2002? Or in 2005? Or in 2007?

It's remarkable that those who give this band a 1 are still obsessed enough in some way to continue following it. Of course, they do remind us of this fact by their very presence in this section. Thumbs up to them for their dedication. thumbsup.gif

I have to say this survey is a great way to identify those members that are either not fans of the current band at all, or those that are just too depressing and negative, to sort of round them up for a mass banning ;). I mean, what possible benefit could such members have to a fan forum?

I have to say this survey is a great way to identify those members that are either not fans of the current band at all, or those that are just too depressing and negative, to sort of round them up for a mass banning ;). I mean, what possible benefit could such members have to a fan forum?

The good thing is you don't decide or get to force feed your opinions on others. Their opinion counts just as much as yours playa.

Why do you feel the need to condemn everyone for their opinions? Are youthe president of Axl's fan club?

Why do you feel the need to condemn everyone for their opinions? Are youthe president of Axl's fan club?

When someone claim that today's is a bad as it gets in the world of GN'R than that really begs some questions. I begged those questions. What is the problem?

When someone claim that today's is a bad as it gets in the world of GN'R than that really begs some questions. I begged those questions. What is the problem?

You are happy with the same old tour? Good for you. Glad to see a happy seal. The same old thing gets old. People want new music. Question answered.

The good thing is you don't decide or get to force feed your opinions on others. Their opinion counts just as much as yours playa.

It was said in jest, hence the smiley. But the more I think about it the more convinced I am that this survey is a really great way to identify the completely worthless whiners among us. It is sort of a trick question to find those members who are only here to cupcake and whine because people who considers this as bad as it gets, really offers little value to a fan forum.

I also object to your claim that the opinion of people who consider Guns N' Roses anno 2012 as bad as it gets, "counts just as much" as mine. Why would ridiculous opinions count as much as levelled opinions? I fear you might be one of those persons who think that all opinions are equally valuable and counting.

You are happy with the same old tour? Good for you. Glad to see a happy seal. The same old thing gets old. People want new music. Question answered.

It is better than many alternatives, hence it doesn't deserve a 1. I gave it an 8 because I would prefer that the band would release new music rather than tour.

It is better than many alternatives, hence it doesn't deserve a 1. I gave it an 8 because I would prefer that the band would release new music rather than tour.

It doesn't deserve an 8. It doesn't deserve a 2-10. See how easy it is to use an opinion as fact simply based on bias? I don't think you're going to get backstage passes for condemning other people for being bored with the current state of GNR.

"Better than the alternatives?" Take away the boring tour and it is the same exact thing as nothing happening. I don't even understand how you are so thrilled that the band is doing another CD tour with nothing set for the future in regards to new music. An 8? I see you call people whiners and cupcakes for expressing their opinion but honestly. you just look like a fanboy. The only thing worse than cupcakes are fanboys. At least whiners and cupcakes can give criticism that is constructive. Cheerleaders belong on a football field.

It doesn't deserve an 8. It doesn't deserve a 2-10.

See how easy it is to use an opinion as fact simply based on bias? I don't think you're going to get backstage passes for condemning other people for being bored with the current state of GNR.

"Better than the alternatives?" Take away the boring tour and it is the same exact thing as nothing happening.

But we are not supposed to "take away the boring tour", it is there, the band is out pleasing thousands of fans every night, we are supposed to give a score based on realities not fantasies. We are also not supposed to neglect the fact that the bands does dozens of interviews, streams shows, publishes fantastic photos, interacts wonderfully with the crowds, and so on. We are supposed to take all this into consideration and give a score based on how satisfied this all makes us as GN'R fans. And if you vote 1, implying that all of this is exactly what the band in your opinion SHOULDN'T be doing and in fact that this is the ABSOLUTE worst thing the band could conceivably be doing, then I believe people aren't thinking clearly. Not thinking clearly at all.

I don't even understand how you are so thrilled that the band is doing another CD tour with nothing set for the future in regards to new music.

How have you come to the conclusions that I am "so thrilled" about touring? I clearly stated I would prefer new music...I am content with touring because it's only been 3,5 years since their latest release and because in the world of GN'R the alternative to touring is usually silence, not new music.

An 8? I see you call people whiners and cupcakes for expressing their opinion but honestly. you just look like a fanboy. The only thing worse than cupcakes are fanboys. At least whiners and cupcakes can give criticism that is constructive. Cheerleaders belong on a football field.

I give lots of constructive criticism. Here's one for you: you ought to start reading my posts before passing judgement unless you want to come across as a misinformed fool.

Any one that says something about "mass banning" people because they have opinions that differ from them shouldn't be taken seriously.

It sounds like the place you might be comfortable is the other board. Then you can watch any discussion die because everyone there would be circle jerking to your opinion.

No tour and no new music expected = horrible

Tour and no new music expected = 8?

That's a ridiculous leap. But it's your opinion and I doubt you'll see people calling for your banning over it.

I would have to laugh if the tour failed and there was no mention of new music soon, then let yet another member leave and you'd probably be saying a 5.

Edited by Rusty Cage

Any one that says something about "mass banning" people because they have opinions that differ from them shouldn't be taken seriously.

It sounds like the place you might be comfortable is the other board. Then you can watch any discussion die because everyone there would be circle jerking to your opinion.

No tour and no new music expected = horrible

Tour and no new music expected = 8?

That's a ridiculous leap. But it's your opinion and I doubt you'll see people calling for your banning over it.

I would have to laugh if the tour failed and there was no mention of new music soon, then let yet another member leave and you'd probably be saying a 5.

What you misinterpreted as a request for mass banning was nothing but a joke that went over your head. But this survey really is a great way to identify the morons and cupcakes who offer no value to a fan forum. I could post the survey on my own forum, but nah, I don't have a problem with morons and cupcakes there.

I am not arguing or taking objection to people who give any point above 1, it is just the fact that if you consider the current state of Guns N' Roses as bad as it can possible get, by giving it the lowest available score, and practically saying that the current situation is the worst of all possible scenarios, then you are a cupcake or such a pessimistic miser that you couldn't possibly offer anything of value to a fan forum.

So tell me, can you really not imagine a worst scenario than the one we are having? Do you honestly consider GN'R anno 2012 as the worst case scenario for what could happen?

Soulmonster chill the fuck out jesus christ

its a goddamn internet forum and you're jumping down everyones throats, people have opinions whether you agree with them or not doesn't mean you need to throw a hissy fit

Soul Monster is the one being jumped on for his opinions, not the other way around. For Christ's sake...

its a goddamn internet forum and you're jumping down everyones throats, people have opinions whether you agree with them or not doesn't mean you need to throw a hissy fit

No kidding. :confused:

People have their own reasons why they're not satisfied with the band. It doesn't mean they're not fans. Quite the opposite I feel, they care so much that they want to see Axl be the very best he can be. If some people would rather be complacent about one of their favorite bands, and don't want to see them reach their full potential, then so be it. Other fans are more hopeful.

Soul Monster is the one being jumped on for his opinions, not the other way around. For Christ's sake...

I rate your post a 1

It doesn't deserve an 8. It doesn't deserve a 2-10.

See how easy it is to use an opinion as fact simply based on bias? I don't think you're going to get backstage passes for condemning other people for being bored with the current state of GNR.

"Better than the alternatives?" Take away the boring tour and it is the same exact thing as nothing happening.

But we are not supposed to "take away the boring tour", it is there, the band is out pleasing thousands of fans every night, we are supposed to give a score based on realities not fantasies. We are also not supposed to neglect the fact that the bands does dozens of interviews, streams shows, publishes fantastic photos, interacts wonderfully with the crowds, and so on. We are supposed to take all this into consideration and give a score based on how satisfied this all makes us as GN'R fans. And if you vote 1, implying that all of this is exactly what the band in your opinion SHOULDN'T be doing and in fact that this is the ABSOLUTE worst thing the band could conceivably be doing, then I believe people aren't thinking clearly. Not thinking clearly at all.

I don't even understand how you are so thrilled that the band is doing another CD tour with nothing set for the future in regards to new music.

How have you come to the conclusions that I am "so thrilled" about touring? I clearly stated I would prefer new music...I am content with touring because it's only been 3,5 years since their latest release and because in the world of GN'R the alternative to touring is usually silence, not new music.

An 8? I see you call people whiners and cupcakes for expressing their opinion but honestly. you just look like a fanboy. The only thing worse than cupcakes are fanboys. At least whiners and cupcakes can give criticism that is constructive. Cheerleaders belong on a football field.

I give lots of constructive criticism. Here's one for you: you ought to start reading my posts before passing judgement unless you want to come across as a misinformed fool.

In agreement with Soul Monster!

I am not jumping down everyone's throat, I am trying to engage those that claim that they couldn't be less satisfied about Guns N' Roses in a discussion. I have heard their opinions and now I would like them to man up and actually defend them by arguing why they see it the way they claim to do, rather than evading the issue or just staying silent. I don't think this is really an outrageous thing to do on a discussion forum.

What we have here is the discussion equivalent of lots of people looking at a somewhat half-full glass and giving scores. My always sunny disposition and long history with GN'R makes me give the current situation a 8, but I have no problems with lower numbers at all, except when we have members (30 of them!) who look at this glass and claim it is empty. As empty as it could possibly be. How is that possible? Is there really no way they could be less satisfied with Guns N' Roses than they are today? I ask myself, do they all suffer from being really unimaginative combined with not having been around during the years that were worse than 2012, or are they just trolling the forum? What possibly value could such members have at a fan forum? Someone said they are good at giving constructive criticism. No, I would go to a 2, 3, 4 or 5, or even 6, 7, 8 or 9, for constructive criticism, because these are people who at least have the ability to give a somewhat levelled opinion, I would NOT go to a 1 for that. From a 1 I would only expect nothing but endless negativity, and I see no worth at all in that.

So again, could anyone of you guys who have said that you are as dissatisfied as it is possible to be with Guns N' Roses in 2012, please step forward and argue for why this is as bad as it can possibly get? I am not going to present any of the thousands of scenarios that I personally feel would be worse than what we are experiencing today, I will wait with that till after I have heard your arguments.