Rate your current level of satisfaction as a GNR fan

Rate your current level of satisfaction as a GNR fan  

298 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Are you telling me there are fans who prefer CD over AFD and UYI? Now I know you're pulling my leg. Name one song on CD that surpasses anything on AFD or UYI or show me one of those fans.

Yes, there are people who prefer CD to AFD and UYI (I don't remember their nicknames, though), and although I am not one of those, I do like There Was A Time more than any old GN'R songs.

Soulmonster you say "don't bash people because of their musical preference".....but you do that in almost every post. People that don't agree with you on the current band are simpletons, morons, imbeciles, etc.

I NEVER bash anybody because of their musical preferences. If you had some integrity you would use an example to prove your point, but you can't.

i like there was a time more than any old gnr songs too. great axl vocals. great solos by robin finck and buckethead on twat

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. The ’02 lineup was doing sometimes radically different interpretations of GNR classics. The current however lineup does that stupid guitar riff at the beginning right before Axl says WTTJ that sounds like a cheesy Vegas act. ’02 did not ‘cater to the nostalgia effect.’ Therefore my point that you can play old songs and not be a nostalgia act is plausible. The ’02 versions of KOHD would be obvious examples.

Again, I am happy you found the 2002 lineup so refreshing and innovative, but it doesn't change the fact that most people attending the shows came to hear the classic songs, just like today. ANY band with a remarkably strong back catalogue will, if they chose to focus on these songs at concerts, be nostalgia acts to most of the fans attending the shows.

I agree that the 2002 lineup were more distinct from the classic lineups of the past than today's lineup, but they are all to a point nostalgia acts, at least to the audiences.

Soulmonster your treatment (or lack thereof) of the distinction between a legacy and history was pathetic and you showed yourself unable to engage in serious conversation. But as you say, “some people are so convinced by their own opinions no amount of evidence would make them reconsider.” I gave several examples of 'current events' changing how history is viewed and you completely ignored them which is disrespectful to the person you're supposedly engaging in conversation.

There is a distinction between 'history' and legacy', and an okay definition of 'legacy' for our purposes might be "the inherited status of a band as derived from past accomplishments". You seem to confuse 'legacy' with current standing/stature. My point is that a legacy can't be tarnished, because the history will be unaffected and always contribute the same to current standing/status, no matter what most people seem to think, whereas current events may always decrease a band's stature/standing despite having a glorious past. In other words, legacy is a constant component in determining a band's status/standing which can only be affected by current and future happenings.

What’s clear is that although I voted lower on the GNR satisfaction scale that you did, you yourself clearly have a pessimistic view of Guns n Roses, saying they’re “past their prime”, saying “nobody can make good albums their whole career” essentially.

I never said "nobody can make good albums their whole career", I said that it is moronic to expect a band to always be consistent in terms of quality.

Are you telling me there are fans who prefer CD over AFD and UYI? Now I know you're pulling my leg. Name one song on CD that surpasses anything on AFD or UYI or show me one of those fans.

Yes, there are people who prefer CD to AFD and UYI (I don't remember their nicknames, though), and although I am not one of those, I do like There Was A Time more than any old GN'R songs.

Soulmonster you say "don't bash people because of their musical preference".....but you do that in almost every post. People that don't agree with you on the current band are simpletons, morons, imbeciles, etc.

I NEVER bash anybody because of their musical preferences. If you had some integrity you would use an example to prove your point, but you can't.

your comment says it all.

Yes. I have no integrity because I didn't take the time find exact quotes from you. Seriously man, you are taking the internet way too seriously. You insult everybody who disagrees with you, for any reason. The fact you can't debate somebody without resorting to insults says a lot about you.

If I am bored the next couple of days, maybe I will go back and find a post or two where you have done this. I'm sure it won't be hard, as you insult anybody who doesn't have the same musical preference towards the current band as you do.

I really could not care less if you worship Axl and that you have taken it upon yourself to be his main defender and forum topic dictator. But when you start insulting posters for doing the exact things that you yourself do.....then people are going to call you on it.

Edited by Groghan

your comment says it all.

Yes. I have no integrity because I didn't take the time find exact quotes from you.

No, you don't have integrity because you spew out claims about people that you are unwilling and unable to back up by evidence.

If I am bored the next couple of days, maybe I will go back and find a post or two where you have done this. I'm sure it won't be hard, as you insult anybody who doesn't have the same musical preference towards the current band as you do.

Insulting someone with a different musical preference can happen, but I never insult someone because of their musical preferences, which you claimed I did.

I really could not care less if you worship Axl and that you have taken it upon yourself to be his main defender and forum topic dictator. But when you start insulting posters for doing the exact things that you yourself do.....then people are going to call you on it.

This is just hilarious :D.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Satanist is just a hater. I used to like you but YOU'RE obviously the one who's deluded here.

Also Frank added his own groove to some songs, which sounds really cool. Complaining about stage presence is also bullshit because they move around the stage all the time, playing with the crowd, and joking around. And how the fuck can people complain about solo spots? Back in the '90s we even got BARON VON STORM doing some drumsolo.

But hey, I've seen a lot of shows so I must be wrong because the people who only watch some lame Youtube videos know everything better.

Really sad how people complain about shit even though they don't attend any of the shows.

I have attended two new GNR shows. I don't know what this lame talk about judging by Youtube videos is. To be perfectly honest, I've not seen more than a few Youtube videos with this band the last years. Probably not more than a dozen the last year.

I am definitely not a hater. I don't care enough about the new band to hate them. I am just really disappointed in Axl. He has wasted all of his potential on something that has turned out really weak and boring. Like P4A said, the reason people do complain is because they do care and show that they're disappointed. To go around and pretend that you're satisfied just because you have some deluded mind about that you can't be critical when you're a fan is just...

Frank is terrible on the songs I listed. Probably on others as well. Haven't heard it in a while, but if memory serves, he sucks on Nightrain as well. I don't know what Matt Sorum's drum solos has to do with this. You have never and you will never see me say something positive about them. I didn't like those any more than anyone else.

4....Not really much to talk about except the same old setlist with a few UYI songs, Axl's voice, Axl's mustache, Frank turning every song into a dubstep song, Bumblefoot not fitting in GN'R, Ashba being unfairly hated on, CD is almost 4 years old and still no music videos...There's no new music, no nothing on the horizon, not even any leaks to discuss. It's a bleak sort of boring state of affairs which I sadly doubt will change anytime soon.

I am just really disappointed in Axl. He has wasted all of his potential on something that has turned out really weak and boring.

So you are sad because your dreams didn't come through. Boo hoo.

There's no new music, no nothing on the horizon

Huh? You know that there is lots of music in various stages of completion and that Axl has always wanted to release at least one more record with that material? You do know that the band wants to record new music and that they have already been in the studio?

not even any leaks to discuss.

Huh? 'Blood in the Water' plus a few others that haven't been confirmed to be real.

It's a bleak sort of boring state of affairs which I sadly doubt will change anytime soon.

I am sure it wouldn't seem so bleak to you if you would only educate yourself on what is actually happening.

I am sure it wouldn't seem so bleak to you if you would only educate yourself on what is actually happening.

I'm pretty sure you'd be less MAD if you didn't take anything that is contrary to your opinion as catastrophic. Here's a news flash: I doubt what anyone says here, including you, really does any sort of damage or improvement to the band. You are acting like the other side of the coin. Some may be over-critical of the direction this band tries to go while you are acting like the board's vibe sniffer.

Chill out.

Edited by Rustycage

I'm pretty sure you'd be less MAD if you didn't take anything that is contrary to your opinion as catastrophic.

Catastrophic? I love it when people have opinions that I can easily refute as wrong. I also love it when sensitive people can't take being corrected and follows me around on the forum trying desperately to insult me. Hint, hint.

Here's a news flash: I doubt what anyone says here, including you, really does any sort of damage or improvement to the band.

How would that be a news flash? Have I ever said anything that suggests we have much of an influence on the band? Oh, you are the guy I thought was drunk earlier! I guess I shouldn't look for rationale and sense in what you manage to post, then. Uhm, being so many hours since I thought you were drunk I guess your problem is of a more permanent nature...

You are acting like the other side of the coin. Some may be over-critical of the direction this band tries to go while you are acting like the board's vibe sniffer.

Chill out.

How about you caring less about me and more about GN'R? There's a new great GN'R concert to be played in France in just a few hours, life is good.

I'm not in France. Why should I care? Does that mean there's a new album coming? Self-diluting is, in my opinion, willingly ignorant.

You are way too emotionally invested when you spend most of your time worrying about what someone else thinks that may be contrary to your way of thinking.

BTW, I haven't tried to insult you. If you feel insulted, that's just something else showing that you are being too emotional about it. You pride yourself as an obstacle to criticism and anyone outside of your paradigm. Do you even consider that you could be wrong? Absolutely not. If you consider confrontation insulting, grow up a little. It's not like I'm the one running around calling people stupid or trying to organize a mass ban. Ya know what I mean?

User 1: I'm not optimistic about the future. There's no new music to be expected, it's the same old live show and Axl sounds like crap this tour.

You: You're stupid. Educate yourself and be happy. They are playing a concert in France!

What makes you think this approach will work? Your method of just tossing out the negatives and only looking at the minuscule positives is self-diluting.

I'm not in France. Why should I care?

Because it means that thousands of fans will have a great night and that Guns N' Roses is active. Most fans of a band would appreciate that. I guess you aren't a fan?

You are way too emotionally invested when you spend most of your time worrying about what someone else thinks that may be contrary to your way of thinking.

Yes, I spend most of my time worrying about that. You are very clever. I look forward to more deep insights from your amazing brain :thumbsup:

Do you even consider that you could be wrong?

I try to avoid discussions where I am wrong, but am delighted when I am proven wrong. Can't remember it happening in a long while, though. Do you have any examples or are you just talking out of your ass?

It's not like I'm the one running around calling people stupid or trying to organize a mass ban.

No, you are the one not getting a joke despite it being explicitly explained thrice :thumbsup:.

User 1: I'm not optimistic about the future. There's no new music to be expected, it's the same old live show and Axl sounds like crap this tour.

You: You're stupid. Educate yourself and be happy. They are playing a concert in France!

I would never call anyone stupid from not being optimistic, not believing in new music, or not liking the current shows, there will always be more to it. I would also not expect you to understand this.

What makes you think this approach will work? Your method of just tossing out the negatives and only looking at the minuscule positives is self-diluting.

I don't consider the fact that Guns N' Roses tours the world and entertains thousands of fans, that the band has launched a new web site with awesome photos, that the band does interviews all the time, and that they are talking about releasing a new album, "minuscule positives". Frankly, when it comes to music bands I find it hard to expect more.

I am just really disappointed in Axl. He has wasted all of his potential on something that has turned out really weak and boring.

So you are sad because your dreams didn't come through. Boo hoo.

There's no new music, no nothing on the horizon

Huh? You know that there is lots of music in various stages of completion and that Axl has always wanted to release at least one more record with that material? You do know that the band wants to record new music and that they have already been in the studio?

not even any leaks to discuss.

Huh? 'Blood in the Water' plus a few others that haven't been confirmed to be real.

It's a bleak sort of boring state of affairs which I sadly doubt will change anytime soon.

you're right. there's lots of recorded with robin, bucket, and brain. just waiting for axl 2 release. when does axl release it?

yeah. many waiting 4 confirmation on Blood in the Water from axl and guns n roses management. many waiting to hear BITW live at the shows

it seams bleak cause we don't have updates about the next record or single on itunes from axl rose or guns n roses management

we have a tour. but we don't have updates about non tour gnr business

What are you expecting then? If you couldn't expect more, then you must have some info the rest of us aren't privy to.

Btw, IF that was a joke. It has to be the most unfunny joke I've ever seen. Being an ass and then calling it a joke is a weak cop out.

But anyways, I'll be blunt. No one cares if you approve of their reasons for being less optimistic. You're just another forum member. Regardless of how many times you throw yourself in front of the bus of criticism, you're just going to end up as flat as that "joke." You're not the special snowflake so let people feel how they want. It doesn't need your approval or for you to understand it in the slightest.

And before you try to claim again that you don't condemn people for their opinions, here is a small list of your intentions upon entering this topic:

Can't you just be happy because of all the great, timeless music the band has created?

Why do you feel the need to change someone's mind. Be happy with what you're happy with and stop trying to spoonfeed it to someone else.

Fascinating. Please tell me how there is no way you could be less satisfied about Guns N' Roses considering that you give them the lowest value on the scale.

No one owes you an explanation or needs to seek your approval.

I have to say this survey is a great way to identify those members that are either not fans of the current band at all, or those that are just too depressing and negative, to sort of round them up for a mass banning . I mean, what possible benefit could such members have to a fan forum?

Worst joke of all time that isn't even phrased as one. The benefit of a fan forum is discussion. Look what flowers and sunshine discussion did to HTGTH.

I also object to your claim that the opinion of people who consider Guns N' Roses anno 2012 as bad as it gets, "counts just as much" as mine. Why would ridiculous opinions count as much as levelled opinions? I fear you might be one of those persons who think that all opinions are equally valuable and counting.

You put yourself above people you disagree with. You are the special snowflake. Floating off into your own little bliss. You are not the elected auditor of opinions that gives you the right to say what is and isn't a valid opinion. For the record, all opinions ARE equally valuable. Who are you to say otherwise?

What you misinterpreted as a request for mass banning was nothing but a joke that went over your head.

Considering how high above everyone you consider yourself to be, apparently everything goes over our heads. But no, it didn't go over my head, it's just a weak attempt to silence those you agree with that you have now called a joke as a cop out.

So again, could anyone of you guys who have said that you are as dissatisfied as it is possible to be with Guns N' Roses in 2012, please step forward and argue for why this is as bad as it can possibly get?

No one has to seek approval from you. Period. The end. Get over it.

Edited by Rustycage

What are you expecting then? If you couldn't expect more, then you must have some info the rest of us aren't privy to.

I am also expecting a new record within the next three years.

No one cares if you approve of their reasons for being less optimistic.

Again, I am not interested in discussion with those who are "less optimistic" but those that claim they couldn't be more dissatisfied. One would think this point would have sunk in to even the most dense of minds.

And before you try to claim again that you don't condemn people for their opinions

Of course I am going to "condemn" people for having stupid opinions, but not for musical preferences.

Thanks for reprinting a few of the things I have said here earlier :thumbsup:.

No one has to seek approval from you. Period. The end. Get over it.

Why do you believe I want people to seek approval from me? I just enjoy ridiculing stupid people.

Why do you believe I want people to seek approval from me? I just enjoy ridiculing stupid people.

Again, everyone else is just "stupid." Nothing you have shown proves that you aren't stupid. Other than chopping up quotes that make your posts larger than they need to be, your posts aren't special and don't show you to be the master of intellect.

You're emo over this whole thing and want to name call and/or ridicule those opinions you can't swallow. Are you seriously this weak?

10+ for me now!

It was the best of the best in Monchengladbach, Germany!!!!

It started with the funniest meet&greet ever, then an EPIC show, never heard a better version of KOHD etc etc, it began to rain during November Rain.... It was AWESOME!

After the show DJ took us to the afterparty, and after the afterparty I finally met AXL!!!!

Again, everyone else is just "stupid."

No, just the stupid ones.

Nothing you have shown proves that you aren't stupid.

How would you know?

You're emo over this whole thing and want to name call and/or ridicule those opinions you can't swallow.

What does it mean to be "emo over this whole thing"? I don't speak Adolescent. If you by "can't swallow" mean those opinions that are truly silly, then yes, I want to ridicule those.

How would you know?

You wouldn't want to know. So go play with your "stupid" subjects to make you feel better about yourself.

The guys who voted 1 won't explain why they believe they can't conceivably get more dissatisfied than they are in a year when GN'R suddenly has started to act like a proper band with great touring, lots of interviews, a new web page, new merchandise, tour book, talks about making a new record, PPVs, so I guess I will just have to continue playing with you.

Again, everyone else is just "stupid." Nothing you have shown proves that you aren't stupid. Other than chopping up quotes that make your posts larger than they need to be, your posts aren't special and don't show you to be the master of intellect.

You're emo over this whole thing and want to name call and/or ridicule those opinions you can't swallow. Are you seriously this weak?

Dude, don't waste your time trying to reason with this guy. He isn't hear to chat about GnR.

The majority of his posts are whining and crying about what others post......as well as insulting anybody who disagrees with him.

This latest thing about always being right and correcting the stupid people is remarkable similar to Msl.

It is funny though. There is a group of worshippers on here who are self appointed forum police. They complain how negative anybody not worshipping Axl is.....but the majority of their posts are whining about others and are ALWAYS insulting people.

That's why nobody takes them seriously. As soon as you stop trying to have an intelligent debate with him, he will move on to somebody else. And the insults will start over.