Paris Bercy, France

Silent Jay

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at this point I need to just accept that the setlist will remain this way.

we shouldn't have to accept it. there should be change

Don't like it? Don't fucking go,pretty simple.

I'll omit the parts on "fan entitlement issues" and "just because you buy tickets,albums,and merch does not mean you should feel enabled to call the shots" :D

if fans can't call the shots.....fans go back 2 the silent years. i guess guns n roses fans have been in the silent years since 2008

as for don't like it.....it's time 4 change. time for new nu-material. unreleased material. live. not generic setlists of old "released" material

If Guns replaced two songs on the most recent set list with say Prostitute and CITR people would moan less, not really that big a deal is it?

Personally I would like an end to CD Tour, freshen things up with a brand new tour hopefully after a new album or at least a few new tracks.

GET OFF AXLS BACK, great name btw LOL. i think playing a few new tracks on this current tour isn't a big deal either

This show was amazing too. We were on front row at DJ's side of the stage. Unfortunately Axl only went to sing there maybe 5 times :( Was a little bummed about that but we got a lot of DJ, Ron, Richard and Tommy up close :)

Ron laughed at my friend's "Play Catcher" sign and Richard liked the sign as well. DJ saw the sign I'd made for him and smiled and waved at me. It said "DJ, you're Mi Amor" yes, i know I know, but it got his attention and right before he played Mi Amor he pointed at me so I regret nothing!

For most of the show Axl barely spoke, but at the end he started talking a lot and joking around. After "Don't Cry" he started making these crying sounds into the microphone :lol. Does anyone have a video of this please?

DJ and Tommy danced together, Richard and DJ threw guitar picks at each other and several times Tommy was laughing so hard but I'm not sure why. But it looked like everyone was having a great time :thumbsup:

oh yeah, I also noticed Ellen Jabour arriving during November Rain. She was led to the VIP section and stood there singing along for the rest of the show.

And we met Fernando. He was super sweet to us, he shook our hands and asked our names and stuff like that. We chatted with him for a bit and he said "I'll come back and talk to you later, okay?" like three times and before he left he said "Remember: Don't throw anything!" :rofl-lol: he never did come back though :( But it was obvious how busy he was with the VIP's and making sure everything was taken care off, so I guess he just forgot about us. Can't blame him though.

Met Del too, he was also super nice. He saw my GN'R tattoo and called it powerful and gave me the devil horns :)

My entire body aches today from standing on front row for two nights but it was SO worth it :wub: I love this band so fucking much. I cannot wait to see them on friday again!

But they play for the ppl at the show who I assume would like to hear 90% classics not for the ppl home behind the screen.. "You can bitch n' whine all you want.." ;)

that would be true if the next album released by axl rose was an album of classic hits from appetite and illusions

"""Don't like it? Don't fucking go, pretty simple."""

"""Me? Tired of the bitching,as well as the Bitching about Bitching, Don't see anyone being held at gunpoint to attend gigs,buy albums,or merchandise or forced to come here.""""

""""An Amen from thus constituant,why waste the time to even relegated one hot second simply to rail against something you don't like,I don't like Bonjovi or Brett Michaels but,I don't waste my time registering on their forums to gripe and bitch."""""

Take everything you said and apply it to yourself.

Nobody is forcing you to come to the forum and read posts by people you disagree with......unless, of course, you are being held at gunpoint to do so? So if you don't like it - why do you constantly read and reply to those people?????

You are doing and complaining exactly what you are doing and complaining about.

And yes, again. The irony in your last statement is hilarious. "I don't waste my time registerting on their forums to gripe and bitch" and "why waste time to even relegated one hot second simply to rail against something you like".......75% of your posts on here are doing exactly that!!!!!! You are constantly griping and complaining about other posters.

I admire your loyality and dedication to the band. You are a pretty strong fan of Axl and the band. And I do enjoy the 14.6% of your comments when you make posts that aren't Axl worship or you aren't insulting people who have a different opinion than you do.

Finally. You do crack me up with the Apollo thing. I deactived all my accounts except for Groghan, which is my original account. This wasn't a secret. I suppose the fact I started an actual TOPIC telling people this...........well anyway, you keep using the apollo thing like you are "getting one on me" or why ever it is you do it. Whatever floats your boat or gives you satisifaction. :thumbsup:

This show was amazing too. We were on front row at DJ's side of the stage. Unfortunately Axl only went to sing there maybe 5 times :( Was a little bummed about that but we got a lot of DJ, Ron, Richard and Tommy up close :)

Ron laughed at my friend's "Play Catcher" sign and Richard liked the sign as well. DJ saw the sign I'd made for him and smiled and waved at me. It said "DJ, you're Mi Amor" yes, i know I know, but it got his attention and right before he played Mi Amor he pointed at me so I regret nothing!

For most of the show Axl barely spoke, but at the end he started talking a lot and joking around. After "Don't Cry" he started making these crying sounds into the microphone :lol. Does anyone have a video of this please?

DJ and Tommy danced together, Richard and DJ threw guitar picks at each other and several times Tommy was laughing so hard but I'm not sure why. But it looked like everyone was having a great time :thumbsup:

oh yeah, I also noticed Ellen Jabour arriving during November Rain. She was led to the VIP section and stood there singing along for the rest of the show.

And we met Fernando. He was super sweet to us, he shook our hands and asked our names and stuff like that. We chatted with him for a bit and he said "I'll come back and talk to you later, okay?" like three times and before he left he said "Remember: Don't throw anything!" :rofl-lol: he never did come back though :( But it was obvious how busy he was with the VIP's and making sure everything was taken care off, so I guess he just forgot about us. Can't blame him though.

Met Del too, he was also super nice. He saw my GN'R tattoo and called it powerful and gave me the devil horns :)

My entire body aches today from standing on front row for two nights but it was SO worth it :wub: I love this band so fucking much. I cannot wait to see them on friday again!

Sweet fn review! Totally happy that a true gunner is having a blast! Love hearing great stories over people bitching that are not there.

I went to the show after all but got bored after an hour and a half and left the venue. It's the first time ever that I leave a show (from any artist) and it was very weird that this happened to my favourite band, but let's be honest, it was exactly the same show as 2 years ago minor Estranged (and Civil War, that I didn't witness since i left the venue before they played it).

Axl's voice does seem better when you're in the front rows, but then I moved around the middle of the venue then at the far bottom, and I heard Axl's real voice.. it's weak. A lot weaker than 2 years ago. Of course the setlist is incredibly long, and it's amazing that they can pull this off so often, I mean playing all the hits like this is fucking amazing.

My only real complain is that there were no surprises in that it's almost the same setlist as 2 years ago which is just not serious.. there's no sense of innovation.

And Axl lacked his legendary charisma. He lost something, in his attitude, shape, voice, he just didn't give me any passion or strenght. 2 years ago he gave me hope, strenght, but yesterday there wasn't anything magic.

I went to the show after all but got bored after an hour and a half and left the venue. It's the first time ever that I leave a show (from any artist) and it was very weird that this happened to my favourite band, but let's be honest, it was exactly the same show as 2 years ago minor Estranged (and Civil War, that I didn't witness since i left the venue before they played it).

Axl's voice does seem better when you're in the front rows, but then I moved around the middle of the venue then at the far bottom, and I heard Axl's real voice.. it's weak. A lot weaker than 2 years ago. Of course the setlist is incredibly long, and it's amazing that they can pull this off so often, I mean playing all the hits like this is fucking amazing.

My only real complain is that there were no surprises in that it's almost the same setlist as 2 years ago which is just not serious.. there's no sense of innovation.

And Axl lacked his legendary charisma. He lost something, in his attitude, shape, voice, he just didn't give me any passion or strenght. 2 years ago he gave me hope, strenght, but yesterday there wasn't anything magic.

until dj ashba and bumblefoot stop covering slash and robin's guns n roses songs....you will be bored a lot at the shows