• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Individual Thought Patterns by Death

i cant believe i forgot this album on my list. this is my favorite death lineup

chuck

laRocque(who i love with king diamond)

digiorgio(who is in so many amazing bands)

hoglan(beast of a drummer)

i never could understand some of the slight to this album same goes with spiritual healing

Totally agree! The album is a 10/10 imo (Like several other Death releases) I think it suffers by being the kinda bridge between the two beasts of Human and Symbolic which are hailed as more groundbreaking. The concepts (as always) are so deeply layered, perfectly reflected by the music, flows beautifully and devastatingly and takes you in unexpected directions. Can't get enough of DiGiorgio on that fretless, elevates some of the stuff into downright trippy territory! I actually rate it slightly higher than Human, there's just that bit more flavour. Every track is golden!

Dance Of Death by Iron Maiden

That really is one of my least favorite Maiden albums. :P I'll never understand why some people adore it so much. I only like 8/11ths of the album, and I only find half of those spectacular. That's a small number for a Maiden album.

Great songwriting for me. Rainmaker is my favorite up-tempo rocker from Maiden, and it was really the start of the progginess of the last few albums. Only song that doesn't settle too well with me is Age Of Innocence. But No More Lies, Dance Of Death, New Frontier, Paschendale, all killer tracks. And Journeyman... :wub:

That really is one of my least favorite Maiden albums. :P I'll never understand why some people adore it so much. I only like 8/11ths of the album, and I only find half of those spectacular. That's a small number for a Maiden album.

Great songwriting for me. Rainmaker is my favorite up-tempo rocker from Maiden, and it was really the start of the progginess of the last few albums. Only song that doesn't settle too well with me is Age Of Innocence. But No More Lies, Dance Of Death, New Frontier, Paschendale, all killer tracks. And Journeyman... :wub:

paschendale :wub:

that alone makes the album good lol

The World War 1 battle.

One of the very few Iron Maiden songs with decent lyrics.

Includes a phenomenal opening lyrical verse: (surprisingly good for this band; an extremely powerful lyrical image and put very well into words)

In a foreign field he lay

Lonely soldier unknown grave

With his dying words he prays

"Tell the world of Paschendale..."

Gives me shivers every time I listen to it.

Brilliant song.

Edited by GivenToFly

Jar of flies from AIC maybe? I don't really know if it was underrated at the time it was released, but I think it's a masterpiece and relatively unknown. From GNR: The Spaghetti Incident? and, of course, Chinese Democracy.

I agree with Jar Of Flies

Guns N' Roses - Chinese Democracy

Michael Jackson - Invincible

Hole - Nobody's Daughter

Courtney Love - America's Sweetheart

Scott Weiland - both of his solo albums

The World War 1 battle.

One of the very few Iron Maiden songs with decent lyrics.

Includes a phenomenal opening lyrical verse: (surprisingly good for this band; an extremely powerful lyrical image and put very well into words)

In a foreign field he lay

Lonely soldier unknown grave

With his dying words he prays

"Tell the world of Paschendale..."

Gives me shivers every time I listen to it.

Brilliant song.

You really don't think Bruce Dickinson's lyrics are brilliant? Different strokes I guess. He's far and away my favorite lyricist. :lol: I can't get enough of Starblind's lyrics for instance.

But yes, absolutely to the rest of the post. I honestly believe it's one of the best songs ever written. It's what got me interested in WWI. Adrian Smith's solo is perhaps my favorite guitar solo ever.

Rainmaker, No More Lies, Montsegur, New Frontier, Wildest Dreams, Gates Of Tomorrow, Journeyman!!! There's only one song I don't consider pure genius on this album, which is The Age Of Innocence.

Rainmaker, No More Lies, Montsegur, New Frontier, Wildest Dreams, Gates Of Tomorrow, Journeyman!!! There's only one song I don't consider pure genius on this album, which is The Age Of Innocence.

yeah never cared for the age of innocence but i agree with the rest especially rainmaker,journeyman,montsegur

Down - III: over the under

people seem not to dig the production and epicness of some of the songs. to me it still works. it's Down, damnit. N.O.D is one of Down's absolute best songs.

Jar of flies from AIC maybe? I don't really know if it was underrated at the time it was released, but I think it's a masterpiece and relatively unknown.

It's a great great EP but surely not underrated?

Jar of Flies is the third studio EP by the American rock band Alice in Chains, released on January 25, 1994 through Columbia Records. It is the first EP in music history to debut at number one on the Billboard 200 Chart and was well-received by critics. The EP has since been certified double-platinum by the RIAA and has gone on to sell 4 million copies worldwide. Jar of Flies is one of the biggest sellers in Alice in Chains' catalogue.

"don't follow" from the EP is underrated. nutshell gets all the love but IMO don't follow is the best song on JoF.

a couple more i thought of

king diamond- the graveyard

mercyful fate- dead again

death- individual thought patterns(thanks for the poster who first brought this up)

bathory- requiem

testament- souls of black

wolfchant- call of the black winds

James- Millionaires

In Flames- Sounds of a Playground Fading

Guns N Roses- Chinese Democracy

Runrig- Once In A Lifetime (Allmusic.com has this in their top 10 Live albums of all time, but how many of you have heard of it? :( )

Big Country- The Seer

Train- My Private Nation

Porcupine Tree- Deadwing

Coheed & Cambria- Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV, Volume II: No World For Tomorrow (I've even seen some people say it's their worst album!)

In Flames- Sounds of a Playground Fading

+1

everytime I say I think this is their best album all I hear is "they have changed and just because of that it's bad", "anders sings.....that's bad", "there's a pop song on this so it's bad.... everything that sounds happy or soft is bad"

Down - III: over the under

people seem not to dig the production and epicness of some of the songs. to me it still works. it's Down, damnit. N.O.D is one of Down's absolute best songs.

I adore Down III. It has some spectacular songs like Nothing in Return (Walk Away) and On March The Saints. I really hope Down IV's EPs will be awesome too.

Some others for me:

Queensrÿche - Promised Land

Rush - Counterparts

The Ramones - Adios Amigos

Supertramp - Crisis? What Crisis?

Deep Purple - Perfect Strangers

Iron Maiden - Dance of Death (definitely agree with others on this one)

Porcupine Tree - Stupid Dream

Skid Row - Subhuman Race

Billy Joel - Glass Houses

Queens of the Stone Age - Era Vulgaris

Testament - The Ritual

Yes - Going For The One