bran

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

James- Millionaires

In Flames- Sounds of a Playground Fading

Guns N Roses- Chinese Democracy

Runrig- Once In A Lifetime (Allmusic.com has this in their top 10 Live albums of all time, but how many of you have heard of it? :( )

Big Country- The Seer

Train- My Private Nation

Porcupine Tree- Deadwing

Coheed & Cambria- Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV, Volume II: No World For Tomorrow (I've even seen some people say it's their worst album!)

Gotta say, I agree with that NWFT sentiment. It's my least favorite Coheed record, it veers a little too close to cheeseball classic rock in spots for my taste, and I'm not huge on the production, either (says the guy that loves YotBR, though...). I don't think it's bad, but it's usually the last C&C record I reach for.

Anyway, my list looks something like this...

Deftones - Saturday Night Wrist

Probably my favorite record by these guys. Chino's vocals let it down a bit, but I just love how they stretched out their sound and made such an atmospheric record. I really want to hear what the album they were recording before Chi's car accident sounds like, how they naturally progressed from their before they canned it and started from scratch.

Pearl Jam - Binaural

Another atmospheric, slower record that doesn't get a lot of love. Nothing As It Seems, Grievance, Light Years, Sleight of Hand, it's full of great songs.

Coheed and Cambria - Year of the Black Rainbow

I actually love the direction they went on this. It definitely could've used less cluttered production, but the heavier, more technical sound they had going on was great, and I thought it was really cool to hear the drummer from my favorite mathcore band playing with Coheed.

Radiohead - In Rainbows

I know saying anything Radiohead is underrated is a bit of a stretch, but more often than not I see this record talked about more for it's release strategy than the music itself. It's right up their with OK Computer and Kid A in my opinion.

In Flames - Reroute to Remain

Album gets shit on a lot for its production, and I agree to an extent, but this is the album that got me into the band, and it's just a solid fuckin' chunk of metal through and through.

Weezer - Red Album

I think it's the last time Rivers even tried giving a shit about what he was writing, and they really did give it a good shot at trying something different with their sound. I just wish the second half of it wasn't so bland - letting the rest of the band sing the songs just wasn't that great an idea.

Others:

Scott Weiland - 12 Bar Blues

Muse - Showbiz

GNR - CD (Obviously)

Modest Mouse - The Moon and Antarctica

Nine Inch Nails - Year Zero

Soundgarden - Down on the Upside

Stone Temple Pilots - Tiny Music

Smashing Pumpkins - Adore

Radiohead - In Rainbows

I know saying anything Radiohead is underrated is a bit of a stretch, but more often than not I see this record talked about more for it's release strategy than the music itself. It's right up their with OK Computer and Kid A in my opinion.

agree, insane record