Slash @ Hammersmith Apollo, London - 06/06/2012

Original GNR

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The setlist changes throughout the tour, keep that in mind.

yup, they've done too much gNr before, the ones they're playing are enough..

time for some apocalyptic love..

though i would make some changes, like Speed Parade to Serial Killer or Life's Sweet Drug or Mr. Landslide.

bring back Dirty Little Thing too.

Sounds like a great show... I would definately tweak teh setlist though.. I am sure most of the crowd (not the few Slash diehards) would rather here more Guns/VR song sthan Snakepit. I do like Snakepit especially the first album but the songs he picks aren't even that good.

My Tweaks...

One Last Thrill (Replace this as it seems to be most peoples Least favorite) How about Dirty Little Thing or Suckertrain Blues?

Nightrain

Standing In The Sun

Back From Cali

Ghost

Apocalyptic Love

Starlight (Not a fan but I know why they play it)

Doctor Alibi (ehhhh cool with Lemmy but Lemmy isn't there) No More heroes would be bad ass

Rocket Queen

Halo

Just Like Anything (Very weak Snakepit song) Put Civil War back..

Anastasia

Speed Parade (Replace this with Nothing to Say)

Sweet Child O Mine

You're A Lie

Slither

Encore:

Communication Breakdown (Led Zeppelin cover)

Paradise City

Honestly, what a shit setlist. Not enough GNR, no Fall to Pieces, too much fillerpit.

Would hardly call it shit. Speed Parade sounded fucking brilliant last night. Love the riff and the solo in that song.

They could have left out Just Like Anything and Been There Lately and put in Fall To Pieces/Civil War/Patience. They played a lot of Apocalyptic Love songs, which was expected as they are promoting the album. Anastasia sounded brilliant.

Great version of Anastasia!.....Nice to see Slash changing up the setlist...Personally I am cool with just a couple of Guns songs, which are beat to death, and more material from the new album..only song I would love to hear is Fall to Pieces as I think Myles kills on that song but the more new material the better for me..

Really looking forward to the Boston HoB show

Great version of Anastasia!.....Nice to see Slash changing up the setlist...Personally I am cool with just a couple of Guns songs, which are beat to death, and more material from the new album..only song I would love to hear is Fall to Pieces as I think Myles kills on that song but the more new material the better for me..

Really looking forward to the Boston HoB show

Completely agree! Psyched for Boston!!

Looking forward to Boston too. I didn't think the setlist sucked but it could have been way better. I love the new band and album but I will welcome as many Gun's songs as possible. I think they were doing about 6 last tour and it was perfect. I wouldn't say songs like Rocket Queen and Civil War have been beaten to death by any means.

Looking forward to Boston too. I didn't think the setlist sucked but it could have been way better. I love the new band and album but I will welcome as many Gun's songs as possible. I think they were doing about 6 last tour and it was perfect. I wouldn't say songs like Rocket Queen and Civil War have been beaten to death by any means.

I am o.k. with hearing Slash playing Guns songs but would rather hear him do deeper cuts from the Snakepit, VR and especially songs from the new album. Compared to songs from those albums the GnR songs Slash has played have been beaten to death by Slash and Axl's band..I think he played Rocket Queen and Civel War every show last tour.......but I do understand why he plays Guns songs and I always enjoy them ut would rather hear his other material for a change.......

Edited by classicrawker

Boring crowd? I think not:

Nightrain:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo--ISG0NVk

fuck that was an amazing performance, the crowd was awesome too. Slash is really starting to sound like late 80s Slash again and its fuckin great. Totally spot on performance, Myles sounded great too. That gig sounds to be one of the best yet to date. Lucky for those who made it!

Anastasia sounded amazing as well, he's got that riff down so well its fuckin great, cant wait til he comes closer to my town.

Edited by pugachev

It was an amazing gig.

Videos on youtube don't do it justice. Slash played great, on more than a few occassions he was tearing it up. Some great impro work going on in some of the songs.

BTW - crowd was WELL into it

LA

Sounds like a great show... I would definately tweak teh setlist though.. I am sure most of the crowd (not the few Slash diehards) would rather here more Guns/VR song sthan Snakepit. I do like Snakepit especially the first album but the songs he picks aren't even that good.

My Tweaks...

One Last Thrill (Replace this as it seems to be most peoples Least favorite) How about Dirty Little Thing or Suckertrain Blues?

Nightrain

Standing In The Sun

Back From Cali

Ghost

Apocalyptic Love

Starlight (Not a fan but I know why they play it)

Doctor Alibi (ehhhh cool with Lemmy but Lemmy isn't there) No More heroes would be bad ass

Rocket Queen

Halo

Just Like Anything (Very weak Snakepit song) Put Civil War back..

Anastasia

Speed Parade (Replace this with Nothing to Say)

Sweet Child O Mine

You're A Lie

Slither

Encore:

Communication Breakdown (Led Zeppelin cover)

Paradise City

Honestly, what a shit setlist. Not enough GNR, no Fall to Pieces, too much fillerpit.

Amazing setlist. Can't wait to see him ;)

Boring crowd? I think not:

Nightrain:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo--ISG0NVk

Wow! I can't get enough from Nightrain played by the original lead guitarist of real Guns N' Roses. Fuckin' great!! :thumbsup:

Slash is fucking unbelievable in that Anastasia vid, esp the outro. Myles is a bit rusty, but it's a new song/tour so it's understandable.

Might consider seeing him live in Manchester in October, but don't know where I'm going to be then.

Seen Slash once, Manchester July 2010. And that crowd was fucking ROWDY :thumbsup: The live CD was an awesome bonus, too (minor quibble: tracks would start at end of previous track, i.e. 1 or 2 secs of SCOM would be on end of previous track). Obviously I'd like more GN'R but as long as I get Anastasia if I see him again I'm happy.

Best quality version of Anastasia i've seen. Seriously guys, watch this vid! And click the 720p HD button!

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT AAAAAAAAAAA MOTHERFUCKINNNNNNNNNNNNNNN OUTROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GODDAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, can't believe I get to see these dudes at such an intimate setting like Metro City. Gonna be so awesome.

You're in for a treat.

I thought the Hammersmith gig was better than both VR gigs I went to. Slash seems to have his mojo back just now, and the band are tight together.

LA