Some help accessing my old account please?

Rustycage

It has been nearly 8 years since I logged into it and I no longer have access to the email I THINK I used for it. I plan to donate but I want to do so on one of my original accounts. Any assistance would be appreciated. If the email could be changed so I can verify it again, that would be great. It's also in a read-only status.

My original account

It has been nearly 8 years since I logged into it and I no longer have access to the email I THINK I used for it. I plan to donate but I want to do so on one of my original accounts. Any assistance would be appreciated. If the email could be changed so I can verify it again, that would be great. It's also in a read-only status.

My original account

You used a fake email for it unfortunately (ooo@ooo.com) - so you'll need to come up with some other method of verification for the account.

I REALLY don't mean to sound like a dick, but I can't do it based on word alone - if it so happened that you weren't the original user (I realise this is extremely unlikely), then you'd potentially have access to their PM's and any private information contained in the account. If people see me making exceptions for this, then there's nothing to stop other members coming and saying "Oh hey, this is my old account, can you change the email for it?" and claiming accounts that never belonged to them.

I do apologise, but it's to protect people's privacy. I hope you can understand this...

I didn't use a fake email. Madison changed it just the same as she made it read only. Accounts required email verification and if I used that email, I never would have been able to verify it, obviously.

Also, I doubt anyone would want to access my account for those purposes after all of this time. I'm not that important. :laugh:

I didn't use a fake email. Madison changed it just the same as she made it read only. Accounts required email verification and if I used that email, I never would have been able to verify it, obviously.

Also, I doubt anyone would want to access my account for those purposes after all of this time. I'm not that important. :laugh:

I don't think the email addresses required verification until 2006-2007...

I know what you mean, but like I said, it's the principle that I have to apply to all accounts. I've PM'd you a couple of other options for verification that you should be able to work with...

Again, I'm sorry - not trying to be difficult or anything, I just have to treat everyone the same way.

I understand. I agree it is the proper route to take. Eric made the account verification a must after Bad Apples and his buddy and some other person were mass spamming the GNR discussion section with fake usernames. It was sometime in 2003 or '04.