Why I've Finally Lost Patience With Axl Rose

yes i love you

The world (besides the USA...) will ALWAYS have time for Axl Rose, no matter what he does or does not do. He's a living legend rock star and will always be relevant. Deal with it whiners... :rolleyes:

Ummm I have to remind you that we in the USA ....are the world...the rest of you kinda sorta count......just joking... seriously thats a really fucked up thing to say even if it is true....personally i think it totally appropriate to pelt Axl or any entertainment figure for inferior performance...we only make him royalty or aristocratic if we choose to .

.Yny other band would have been kicked back to the sunset strip by now for osome of the shit thats been pulled....

.we have a whole generation of coddled fuckers that get by with doing shit and get praised like they are "special" those same fuckers are the ENTITLED GENERATION who get their panties in a bunch when reality kicks their teeth in and they are made to realize they are NOT the center of the universe.

I dont give a shit about the "legend"moniker status you all attach to Axl..in fact I think its a huge part of the problem....when he was young and hungry with something to say and prove......we got music out of hiim that still counts.....get him some fame and some money and a nice mansion in the hills and you you get the lyrics of CD which frankly blow chunks next to anything he did before....you get DECADES in between shit....thats fun to think about.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I confused by all the constant talk of how Axl is "acting". Maybe many of the people talking are new fans - but old fans should understand this is GNR. Even if the 'ORIGINAL' band was together you would still be seeing the exact same thing (minus the Slash tshirt issue). I saw GNR many times with the original lineup. Axl ALWAYS left the stage - always ran to the side of the stage and went behind the curtain - EVER SHOW! They were ALWAYS coming onstage after 11pm. Actually he is much better than he was back then. Now he is constantly hitting the stage around 11pm - so you can plan your night based on that. During the early 90s you never knew what time they were coming on stage. Back then Axl ALWAYS threatened to leave the stage if something was thrown at him - AS DO MANY BANDS!! Actually back then you were standing on pins and needles wondering if he would walk off the stage. I am impressed by the way he handles it now. He asks for the throwing to stop or he will go home if it doesn't. Let me ask all who get mad by that - would you want to be up on stage performing, running around and having people throw stuff at you. Wouldn't you tell the audience to stop?

As for the banning of Slash tshirts. Frankly I don't blame him. Slash has been throwing digs at him for awhile. Instead of keeping his mouth shout - Slash has gone on and on. I am sure Slash got tired of being asked - but he could have just spoke about himself and just let it go about Axl. I believe Slash has said GNR is dead to him. I am thinking Axl might be reacting to all of that. We all know Axl and he will react. They are both like two kids who haven't grown up. But that is who they are - NOTHING has changed.

I am thrilled that GNR is out touring. I love watching the videos from the shows. I don't care that they have the same set list. Those songs are great and no one can bet Axl Rose as a front man. Would I love a new album - yeah sure. But as a long time GNR fan - I am more than happy to see them touring.

Throwing stuff at a band from the dark is cowardly. If the house lights are up, fine, that that chance, but he has NO idea what they're throwing at the band. At least it's not crowds gobbing spit at them en masse, or throwing frisbees loaded with firecrackers on them anymore. Plus, some people can't throw and hit other people in the audience.

That can get really ugly.

The Slash t-shirt ban, if it is coming from management, should just post on Twitter and Facebook that they would like the fans not to wear the shirts to the shows, instead of having a bunch of goons forcing people to do it, and getting pissed off at the band even more, where it'll just snowball into a lot more heckling. Admit to it and move on from it. Ask the fans and they'll respect you. Ordering the fans to do it just breeds hostility.

Slash wrote a book about his time in GNR, if an interviewer hadn't read it before interviewing him, he should end the interview with them if they won't talk about anything else. If they read the book and wanted something clarified, fine, or something not mentioned in there.

I'm sorry, NME has no credibility with regard to writing or reporting on Axl/GNR due to a significant back catalog of misguided views (putting the polite version in) - That's my honest view, so unfortunately I cant comment on whether any views in this review are appropriate of not, because they have a clear and obvious bias that just simply 'turns me off' when I see "NME" on the thread/article.

Farewell, then, Axl Rose. Your UK and Ireland tour with Guns N’ Roses was just a flying visit, but true to form, you made it a memorable one, stripping the Slash t-shirts from our backs, camping out in an oxygen tent, threatening to storm off, generally draping your genitals over the battlements of your ivory tower and sprinkling the peasantry beneath. Come again soon, won’t you?

Sociopathy is an admirable quality in a ‘proper’ rock star, and Rose is arguably the last one standing. But there’s one aspect of his antics that has to stop. That’s right: the time-keeping. As you’d expect from a man who took 15 years to record one album, Rose isn’t so hot at the big hand and little hand stuff. At London’s O2, he left us waiting, cattle-like, for 50 minutes. In Manchester, over an hour. In Dublin, pushing two hours. A rock star hasn’t taken so long to come since Sting in his tantric sex days. Say what you like about Chico, but at least he knows what fucking time it is.

As tick followed tock followed tick followed tock, the GN’R gigs began to feel more like a social experiment, with unseen, clipboard-toting scientists pin-pointing the exact moment when human goodwill boils into impotent rage. You might have been forgiven for picturing the scene backstage. A promoter mops his brow. A gaggle of session men stifle yawns, play Fruit Ninja and contemplate their own mortality. From a dressing-room, a nasal voice barks an order:

“Hey, Bumblefoot, stick ya head round the curtain. Do they look mad yet?”

“Not yet, Boss. Just a little restless and deflated.”

“Well then – let’s have another round of Buckaroo!”

Last week, after GN’R left the UK to infuriate mainland Europe, I hit the NME comments section expecting a geyser of venom. This I found, by the bucketload, but alongside the damning testimony, I was surprised to note pockets of support for our tardy hero. “Don’t hate the man because he doesn’t have to work 9-5 like the rest of us,” argued Robert O’Connor, in what six years ago might have been referred to as ‘the Pete Doherty defence’. “He does what he wants, when he wants to do it and couldn’t give a rats whether people like it or not. Not to be rude, but that’s my kind of rock star.”

Up to a point, I agree with Robert. There’s something depressing about rock ‘n’ roll running like clockwork, with well-drilled drones adhering to curfews and decibel limits. I’d be perfectly happy for Axl to roll in, say, 20 minutes late, breathless, doing up his flies and grinning broadly, while the atmosphere reached boiling point. But there are limits. For anyone who made it through, the GN’R gigs were often urgent and incendiary. For anyone who wasn’t prepared to sleep rough, though, these shows weren’t so much ‘Nightrain’ as ‘night bus’. Is it really acceptable – with the hot breath of redundancy on all our necks – for a millionaire to ask his fans to cough up for a gig they don’t even get to watch?

At a more abstract level, is it really ‘rock ‘n’ roll’ when someone fails to show up? Surely the fizz and danger of the legendary performances came from what happened when a performer hit the stage, from the Pistols tearing up the Free Trade Hall in 1976 to Oasis reaching critical mass at King Tut’s in 1993. In twenty years, will you really tell your kids about that time you slowly filed to the O2 exit at midnight, clutching a ticket stub and contemplating an £80 taxi fare?

Back in 1992, Rose conceded there was a problem. “I’ve always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die,” he noted, “the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side in gold, ‘Sorry I’m Late’.” It’s a charming line, but in the chilly depths of recession, it doesn’t quite cut it. Get in the ring, motherfucker – or we’ll stop getting in the queue.

http://www.nme.com/blog/index.php?blog=1&p=12344&title=axl_rose&more=1&c=1

Bla bla big drama. You'll be back.

I've seen a lot of people on here who gradually lost interest in the band and therefor left. That's fair.

What I've never seen in my 10+ years on here, is someone who made a "I'm fed up with Axl/the waiting/the band/the lack of news" thread and actually kept their word and left.

Farewell, then, Axl Rose. Your UK and Ireland tour with Guns N’ Roses was just a flying visit, but true to form, you made it a memorable one, stripping the Slash t-shirts from our backs, camping out in an oxygen tent, threatening to storm off, generally draping your genitals over the battlements of your ivory tower and sprinkling the peasantry beneath. Come again soon, won’t you?

Sociopathy is an admirable quality in a ‘proper’ rock star, and Rose is arguably the last one standing. But there’s one aspect of his antics that has to stop. That’s right: the time-keeping. As you’d expect from a man who took 15 years to record one album, Rose isn’t so hot at the big hand and little hand stuff. At London’s O2, he left us waiting, cattle-like, for 50 minutes. In Manchester, over an hour. In Dublin, pushing two hours. A rock star hasn’t taken so long to come since Sting in his tantric sex days. Say what you like about Chico, but at least he knows what fucking time it is.

As tick followed tock followed tick followed tock, the GN’R gigs began to feel more like a social experiment, with unseen, clipboard-toting scientists pin-pointing the exact moment when human goodwill boils into impotent rage. You might have been forgiven for picturing the scene backstage. A promoter mops his brow. A gaggle of session men stifle yawns, play Fruit Ninja and contemplate their own mortality. From a dressing-room, a nasal voice barks an order:

Last week, after GN’R left the UK to infuriate mainland Europe, I hit the NME comments section expecting a geyser of venom. This I found, by the bucketload, but alongside the damning testimony, I was surprised to note pockets of support for our tardy hero. “Don’t hate the man because he doesn’t have to work 9-5 like the rest of us,” argued Robert O’Connor, in what six years ago might have been referred to as ‘the Pete Doherty defence’. “He does what he wants, when he wants to do it and couldn’t give a rats whether people like it or not. Not to be rude, but that’s my kind of rock star.”

Up to a point, I agree with Robert. There’s something depressing about rock ‘n’ roll running like clockwork, with well-drilled drones adhering to curfews and decibel limits. I’d be perfectly happy for Axl to roll in, say, 20 minutes late, breathless, doing up his flies and grinning broadly, while the atmosphere reached boiling point. But there are limits. For anyone who made it through, the GN’R gigs were often urgent and incendiary. For anyone who wasn’t prepared to sleep rough, though, these shows weren’t so much ‘Nightrain’ as ‘night bus’. Is it really acceptable – with the hot breath of redundancy on all our necks – for a millionaire to ask his fans to cough up for a gig they don’t even get to watch?

At a more abstract level, is it really ‘rock ‘n’ roll’ when someone fails to show up? Surely the fizz and danger of the legendary performances came from what happened when a performer hit the stage, from the Pistols tearing up the Free Trade Hall in 1976 to Oasis reaching critical mass at King Tut’s in 1993. In twenty years, will you really tell your kids about that time you slowly filed to the O2 exit at midnight, clutching a ticket stub and contemplating an £80 taxi fare?

Back in 1992, Rose conceded there was a problem. “I’ve always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die,” he noted, “the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side in gold, ‘Sorry I’m Late’.” It’s a charming line, but in the chilly depths of recession, it doesn’t quite cut it. Get in the ring, motherfucker – or we’ll stop getting in the queue.

I've seen a lot of people on here who gradually lost interest in the band and therefor left. That's fair.

What I've never seen in my 10+ years on here, is someone who made a "I'm fed up with Axl/the waiting/the band/the lack of news" thread and actually kept their word and left.

He posted an ARTICLE dummy! :rofl-lol:

I got to admit to: I really can't be bothered to check the latest performances on YouTube. Atleast when Buckethead was onbaord he added a level of interest. He wasn't Guns N'Roses, and never tried to be, but he did do was play old songs in a Buckethead style, which was always interesting.

Edited by vaida

As you’d expect from a man who took 15 years to record one album

it was really ten years and he recorded more than one album in that time.

Axl did a Prince and created a vault of songs. I highly doubt Universal are going to be chasing him down for the tapes. Just knowing record companies have shelved people's work and sat on them - I don't blame Axl for not discussing any other recordings.

NME have written -some- fair articles on GN'R, but this guy is a complete knob, and would never get a job as a serious journalist anywhere.

We like to bump Axl as a rebel in the UK, and for the most part we do it well and we promote Guns as a true old fashioned rock band, misunderstood by everyone, but regarded as a band who should be preserved because there is noone else like them, which is true.

I'm sorry, NME has no credibility with regard to writing or reporting on Axl/GNR due to a significant back catalog of misguided views (putting the polite version in) - That's my honest view, so unfortunately I cant comment on whether any views in this review are appropriate of not, because they have a clear and obvious bias that just simply 'turns me off' when I see "NME" on the thread/article.

this and

this

flyingfuck.jpg

What gets me is people saying it takes so long to change out stage setting.I have been to about 5 or 6 Aerosmith shows and it didn't take no where near 2 hours.More like 45 mins to an hour!Stage setting was already in place except for switching out equipment.How is it set up for GN'R?

Why would GN'R be booting people who are wearing a Slash shirt, from their shows when they are selling things like this?

http://gunsnroses.shop.bravadousa.com/Product.aspx?cp=1158_30433&pc=BGCTGR28

GNR would be sued if X amount of "classic" merchandise was not released. it was part of the settlement with slash/duff.

I understand that but do you reckon it's the band or promoters/agents kicking these kids out?

I understand that but do you reckon it's the band or promoters/agents kicking these kids out?

NOT the band. i've seen tons of slash shirts and people even dressed as slash at recent shows.

but, there was ONE show out of many where security did make people turn slash shirts inside out. the order was given by venue management.

it would make NO SENSE for it to be a rule from the band because it only happens at random shows. it would have to be the individual promoter or venue deciding to do it.

GNR has to clarify this. If people are being told or hearing it's from "the management", they need to answer to it. For the most part, someone wearing a Slash t-shirt is supporting old school GNR. I don't see anything wrong with that, because GNR play a set heavy on songs that Slash performed on. It's not an f- you to the current lineup.

Venue management can refuse entry to anyone, don't have to give a reason, and it can be flat out discrimination against race, sexual orientation, or even weight and how you look.

Why would GN'R be booting people who are wearing a Slash shirt, from their shows when they are selling things like this?

http://gunsnroses.shop.bravadousa.com/Product.aspx?cp=1158_30433&pc=BGCTGR28

GNR would be sued if X amount of "classic" merchandise was not released. it was part of the settlement with slash/duff.

Promoters wouldn't give a shit About slash shirts, if they didn't have some direction from Axl or his management.