yes i love you

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good read. Thanks for posting.

really?

whats next on your list "The Handymans Guide to Winter Gardening"

losing patience with Axl Rose because he comes on late?

seriously?

why dont you just try and sweep the sand off the beach

I saw them the first year they toured, and he came on at 11

You go to Mass, communion is at the end

You go to a wedding, drinks when you get to the reception, after the pictue marathon

Its just has to be part of your plan for the night,

personally the last 3 shows I've been to I didnt even get there until 10:15, so he can kiss MY ass..

if it catches you by surprise I dont know what to tell you

he's NOT coming on until 10:30 or 11, period

Edited by shades

Why would GN'R be booting people who are wearing a Slash shirt, from their shows when they are selling things like this?

http://gunsnroses.shop.bravadousa.com/Product.aspx?cp=1158_30433&pc=BGCTGR28

GNR would be sued if X amount of "classic" merchandise was not released. it was part of the settlement with slash/duff.

Was that the "Black Hawk Down" lawsuit?

Did GNR ever sell the AFD "cross t-shirt" at the concerts, or just at Hot Topic?

You serious bro? Can you give us more details?

Royalties from "classic" merch are split equally between Axl, Slash and Duff. They each own one third of the legal entity that controls classic GNR music, logos, etc. Axl can block uses of the music, but the settlement stipulated that a certain amount of classic merchandise would continue to be marketed so Slash and Duff could continue to derive some sort of revenue from the brand they helped build. I'm not sure what kind of royalties Steven or Izzy would be entitled to on merch featuring their likeness, but whatever the arrangement is would have been determined when they exited the band. It's possible Izzy isn't entitled to anything. He continued to be paid for 7 years after leaving the band, but he may have given up any rights beyond that. Not sure. I just know Axl has to allow a certain amount of classic merch to be released in conjunction with Slash/Duff. It's a deal Merck worked out and I don't think Axl was happy about it, although at this point he may not give a shit.

Adler told Howard Stern he gets a sizable royalty check, but couldn't say how much, except it's over 6 figures. Izzy doesn't tour, that tells me whatever he gets is pretty substantial. Even when he bailed before UYI was out, he was prob. fine with the amount of money that was coming in. He lost out of millions doing that, but refused to sign that contract Axl threw at him. He still got money from the tour with the t-shirt sales and publishing, prob. off the video sales as well, even if he wasn't in the video, they still have to pay for the song being used. Maybe when he quit GNR, he signed away some things, but not the major ones that keep money in his pocket.

I saw Van Halen tonight. Kool & The Gang finished at 8:20pm and VH was on at 9pm sharp. I was thinking....I'm glad I'm not at a GNR concert or it wouldn't start for another 2 hrs. Also, 3 guys playing instruments and so much power vs GNR's how many guys playing instruments?

just had to get this off my chest :lol:

I saw Van Halen tonight. Kool & The Gang finished at 8:20pm and VH was on at 9pm sharp. I was thinking....I'm glad I'm not at a GNR concert or it wouldn't start for another 2 hrs. Also, 3 guys playing instruments and so much power vs GNR's how many guys playing instruments?

just had to get this off my chest :lol:

:lol: you are funny. The last two times I saw Guns, the opening acts finished at 10:15 and 11:10 respectively. GnR came on at 11:05 and 12:00 sharp, respectively. Soooooo I'm confused as to how 50 minutes turns into 2 hours in your world, without using some sort of Mr Fusion powered DeLorean.