Who is more talented Axl Rose or Izzy Stradlin?

Tabitha27

Who is more talented?  

129 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

After posting this in another thread

From May 31, 2012

kvm80.jpg

From 1991

of1ycw.jpg

I started thinking about who has more talent, Axl or Izzy?

They both play instruments.

They both write songs.

They both sing.

They both are creative.

Who in your opinion has more talent?

I voted for both of them.

Edited by Tabitha27

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people work best with other people. Izzy's solo stuff is alright. Axl's solo stuff is alright. Slash's solo stuff is alright. Duff's solo stuff is alright.

They all have high points - Slither, Neither Can I, Ghost, Izzy and the Ju Ju Hounds first album, Shackler's Revenge, Madagascar, Better, some Loaded songs.... but the sum is greater than the parts. It's not Axl or Izzy, that's impossible to say for me, what is true is Axl AND Izzy is more awesome than either one of them (same applies all around the old group)

So null vote. Sorry to not contribute.

Izzy has a mythical hero status.......he is the "cool" one to like. Sort of like it's cool or more rock-n-roll to love DLR more than Sammy Hagar.

I voted Axl.

Simply because of the fact that while Izzy might be a great song writer and decent rythym guitar player (and look cool to some people)- he needs talent around him to be successful.

Axl, on the other hand, could make it in the business just by himself.

Axl with a piano......Izzy with a guitar........I think Axl comes up with better music.

I can't believe this is even being discussed. Its not a competition

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Not only is Axl's voice aggravating at times, his songwriting skills DO NOT COMPARE to Izzy's AT ALL. November Rain? Cheesy as fuck. Shotgun Blues? Bitch Please? All of Chinese Democracy? Total shit. If you want a REAL songwriter, check Mr. Brownstone, 14 Years, and Double Talkin' Jive. That's fucking rock n' roll ladies and gents, not pretentious wannabe garbage.

I can't believe this is even being discussed. Its not a competition

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Not only is Axl's voice aggravating at times, his songwriting skills DO NOT COMPARE to Izzy's AT ALL. November Rain? Cheesy as fuck. Shotgun Blues? Bitch Please? All of Chinese Democracy? Total shit. If you want a REAL songwriter, check Mr. Brownstone, 14 Years, and Double Talkin' Jive. That's fucking rock n' roll ladies and gents, not pretentious wannabe garbage.

Clearly you have an issue with Axl's musical direction, so perhaps the Pre 1994-GNR section of the board would suit your taste better.

This should not be a competition. These two are friends that work well together. We shouldn't be discussing who is better but rather discussing their work together.

Edited by hitmanhart408

How do you compare a singer and a guitar player?

ikr to me axl and izzy have always been my fave members of gnr and both are extremely talented but one is a vocalist and the other is a guitar player. izzy is a better guitarist and axl is a better singer :tongue2:

Is this a joke? Axl is a top 5 singer of alltime, and has gone on to make amazing music after early GNR. Izzy is a pretty good song writer/guitar player who has gone on to make average music after early GNR. I really can't believe he got a single vote. This isn't even comparable.

Is this a joke? Axl is a top 5 singer of alltime, and has gone on to make amazing music after early GNR. Izzy is a pretty good song writer/guitar player who has gone on to make average music after early GNR.

Axl being top 5 of all time is debatable. Do I think so? Maybe, Yes. Do others? Some do not.

Izzy has kept relatively quiet. He makes his music and throws it up on itunes quietly. Personally I like a lot of Izzy's solo stuff.

It is all a matter of opinion so please do not pass it off as a fact.

The whole is greater than the sum of its parts. If Izzy and Duff wound up back in the studio and worked with Axl and the current lineup, it wouldn't be a reunion, but it would bring back something that was missing on Chinese Democracy - just being able to crank out great songs on the fly. They didn't spend years working on AFD, and they had "Anything Goes" hanging around, but by mid 86, most, if not all of the AFD songs were written. I think SCOM was the last one, but you all prob. have a better idea of the dates from the bootlegs.

Is this a joke? Axl is a top 5 singer of alltime, and has gone on to make amazing music after early GNR. Izzy is a pretty good song writer/guitar player who has gone on to make average music after early GNR.

Axl being top 5 of all time is debatable. Do I think so? Maybe, Yes. Do others? Some do not.

Izzy has kept relatively quiet. He makes his music and throws it up on itunes quietly. Personally I like a lot of Izzy's solo stuff.

It is all a matter of opinion so please do not pass it off as a fact.

Axl is mentioned regularly on greatest singers of alltime lists. Where is Izzy mentioned? GNR forums/videos, thats it. No knock on Izzy, but he's not even in Axl's league when it comes to music. Definitely not as a performer. I'm not even sure he's as good as Axl in writing terms either.

Chinese Democracy is better than anything any former GNR member has gone on to do, so to me that just says Axl is the most talented.

i am big izzy fan, as someone said above me izzy has a certain degree of "cool" about him...u know he is very rock n roll

i really dig his personal stuff especially "Izzy Stradlin And The Juju Hounds" album... but it is clear that his song could have done with a more polished voice. i dont think izzy wanted to produce super hit songs like he did in Gn'R and thats why he was contend with his below average vocals on his songs.

i guess the question really is about who is more talented... while i'd like to believe that gnr would never have gained the popularity it has gained without the songs that izzy wrote or help write... i feel Axl would have made it on his own anyhow. He has such excellent vocals and writing skills that i think even though i really respect Izzy it's Axl id vote for.

But in terms of being cool... Izzy without a doubt!

Izzy is a pretty good song writer/guitar player who has gone on to make average music after early GNR.

LMFAO. are you serious? 99% of people would say the same thing about Axl, post-UYI. IMO the only real difference between Axl and Izzy is that Axl was able to hold onto the GNR name, and all of the money that came along with that. Izzy has certainly been more prolific than Axl has.