06/08/12 - Mönchengladbach, Germany - OPEN AIR

t-p-d-a

Just listened to the show, Axl was in a poor mood, complaining about the rain, complaining about the fact that they can't get shows in Germany booked, complaining about the slippery stage. When will the man ever grow a pair?

Dude are you insane? He was in a great mood. He wasn't complaining about the rain, he said something like "I don't mind to get wet, but I just don't want do fall on my ass again [...] I want to finish this tour alive". He said that he wanted to come to Germany for about 6 years but somehow it's always a bitch to be booked there, but also, that wasn't complaining. That guy was in an awesome mood, smiling all the time. And the vocals were beyond awesome. I knew it would be different from the youtube videos, but that was just... I don't know, I have no words. If anyone is still insecure about going to a concert, I can just say GO.

The setlist was a bit shorter but still great. Crowd was great too, at least where I stood. I'm still flashed, fucking awesome night!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great show, the band sounded really tight, Axl was in a great mood and his voice was the perfect mix between his raspy and his 'mickey' voice (people were impressed). Before Shackler's Axl said 'Did ya think that I was coming tonight?'. The crowd started laughing and he said 'Me neither.'

Then it started raining during November Rain and Bumblefoot (wearing a shirt from 'der Deutsche Mannschaft) played some Singin' In The Rain. Axl also said that they've been trying to play a gig in Germany for over 6 years, but that managers and promoters stop him from doing, even this gig was 'a bitch'. All in all an excellent show, I was just a bit dissapointed that they didn't play a longer encore (Patience, Maddy or A Whole Lotta Rosie).

Just listened to the show, Axl was in a poor mood, complaining about the rain, complaining about the fact that they can't get shows in Germany booked, complaining about the slippery stage. When will the man ever grow a pair?

Total bullshit, what's the point in posting such lies?

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Dude are you insane? He was in a great mood. He wasn't complaining about the rain, he said something like "I don't mind to get wet, but I just don't want do fall on my ass again [...] I want to finish this tour alive". He said that he wanted to come to Germany for about 6 years but somehow it's always a bitch to be booked there, but also, that wasn't complaining. That guy was in an awesome mood, smiling all the time. And the vocals were beyond awesome. I knew it would be different from the youtube videos, but that was just... I don't know, I have no words. If anyone is still insecure about going to a concert, I can just say GO.

The setlist was a bit shorter but still great. Crowd was great too, at least where I stood. I'm still flashed, fucking awesome night!

I WANT TO FINISH THIS TOUR ALIVE :rofl-lol: Great line :lol:

Setlist:

Chinese Democracy

Welcome to the Jungle

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

Sorry

Rocket Queen

Estranged

Richard Fortus Solo

Live and Let Die

This I Love

Better

Shackler's Revenge

Tommy Stinson Solo - Motivation

Dizzy Reed Solo - Baba O'Riley

Street of Dreams

You Could Be Mine

DJ Ashba Solo - Ballad of Death

Sweet Child O' Mine

Another Brick in the Wall

Axl Rose Piano Solo

November Rain

Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal Solo - Glad To Be Here

Don't Cry

From Jarmo.

nu-unreleased material in the setlist played live?

Never.

I think we can safely rule the possibility of that happening this year. That way we don't get more disappointed. If they do end up playing new songs, great.

Just got back home. Meet&greet with Dizzy, Frank, DJ and Ron.

Show was great but shorter.

DJ took us to the afterparty with him, Ron, Tommy. Del and Jarmo where there too.

He told us Axl was still there, so we waited. Axl came out, but they let him only sign 4 things (we were with 15 people or something) but he was very friendly and cool! At least I touched and thanked him. No pictures together and no signature but sooooooo happy....

That's awesome, so happy for you! Was your mom with you again?

Just got back home. Meet&greet with Dizzy, Frank, DJ and Ron.

Show was great but shorter.

DJ took us to the afterparty with him, Ron, Tommy. Del and Jarmo where there too.

He told us Axl was still there, so we waited. Axl came out, but they let him only sign 4 things (we were with 15 people or something) but he was very friendly and cool! At least I touched and thanked him. No pictures together and no signature but sooooooo happy....

That's awesome, so happy for you! Was your mom with you again?

Congrats!!!! that's great!!!!! i'm soooo happy for youuuuu :lol:

Axl looks sooo happy and funny at band intro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFYYa3b00Ew&feature=player_embedded

Edited by Angeles_

Setlist:

Chinese Democracy

Welcome to the Jungle

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

Sorry

Rocket Queen

Estranged

Richard Fortus Solo

Live and Let Die

This I Love

Better

Shackler's Revenge

Tommy Stinson Solo - Motivation

Dizzy Reed Solo - Baba O'Riley

Street of Dreams

You Could Be Mine

DJ Ashba Solo - Ballad of Death

Sweet Child O' Mine

Another Brick in the Wall

Axl Rose Piano Solo

November Rain

Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal Solo - Glad To Be Here

Don't Cry

From Jarmo.

nu-unreleased material in the setlist played live?

Never.

I think we can safely rule the possibility of that happening this year. That way we don't get more disappointed. If they do end up playing new songs, great.

2 play devil's advocate.....has axl ruled out the possibility of it happening this year? has guns n roses management? what about the label? news?

You're a fucking idiot.

I was at the show and he was in a great mood. He said he wasn't scared of the rain, he just didn't wanna fall and hurt himself any further so he didn't run around as much.

He explained why it had been 6 years since the last played Germany because Germany wouldn't book the band and that last nights show was a real bitch to get booked but he was happy to be back there to play.

It started raining during November Rain :wub: The entire show was just perfect. Probably the best GN'R show I've ever been to. I'll write a more detailed account later, right now I'm just so exhausted from having seen them three times in six days having to drive around to various countries etc. But it was so worth it! I miss them already :(

And here you are ..complaining. Someone else needs to grow a pair!!

Edited by Teejay

in defense of RNRS.....did any of what RNRS says actually happen at the show? or did RNRS make it all up?

You're a fucking idiot.

I was at the show and he was in a great mood. He said he wasn't scared of the rain, he just didn't wanna fall and hurt himself any further so he didn't run around as much.

He explained why it had been 6 years since the last played Germany because Germany wouldn't book the band and that last nights show was a real bitch to get booked but he was happy to be back there to play.

It started raining during November Rain :wub: The entire show was just perfect. Probably the best GN'R show I've ever been to. I'll write a more detailed account later, right now I'm just so exhausted from having seen them three times in six days having to drive around to various countries etc. But it was so worth it! I miss them already :(

You are so right... It was the best ever! After Rotterdam I thought it was impossible, but then came Germany! It was just perfect! A great meet&greet, EPIC show with the rain, Axl's voice was great, afterparty en then..... Meeting Axl!

Though we haven't talked that long, it was nice meeting you too!

in defense of RNRS.....did any of what RNRS says actually happen at the show? or did RNRS make it all up?

He made it up. Look at my last post. I was there and Axl never once complained about anything. He was in a great mood.