06/08/12 - Mönchengladbach, Germany - OPEN AIR

t-p-d-a

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, Axl sounds really good on what I've checked out so far (Jungle, Cry). And from what I understand, they have had difficulties booking shows in Germany? Damn, but I already wondered why the tour was lacking German cities so badly ...

Edited by A.J.

Wow, Axl sounds really good on what I've checked out so far (Jungle, Cry). And from what I understand, they have had difficulties booking shows in Germany? Damn, but I already wondered why the tour was lacking German cities so badly ...

Axl sounded really good, and we got the best KOHD!!!! To me it was the best show ever!!!

People that keep saying he was better in 2010 need to go to a show themselves this tour. I've seen him on both tours and he's better now!

His voice really does sound amazing. Especially at the Rotterdam show, he got all the high screams right. It sounded fucking perfect. I got chills from KOHD

So did I! But Estranged was the highlight for me, made me almost cry.

People that keep saying he was better in 2010 need to go to a show themselves this tour. I've seen him on both tours and he's better now!

I don't know. I really enjoyed the mean vocals in 2010, but the energy this tour is better. Axl seems much happier.

So I'd take the 2010 vocals + the positive vibe from this tour + Estranged & Civil War. That would be the best tour ever.

His voice really does sound amazing. Especially at the Rotterdam show, he got all the high screams right. It sounded fucking perfect. I got chills from KOHD

So did I! But Estranged was the highlight for me, made me almost cry.

Estranged was more beautiful than I thought possible.

Did anyone else notice the change Dj made in Ballad of Death?

I just saw a pic of him and apparently Axl threw his PC hat out? Anyone on here get it? WOW... crazy how he just throws things out but great for us! :D. Would be worth more to me than a mic a piece of his clothing :wub:. Can't seem to find a video but only saw a photo :(. Anyone on hear who got it I ENVY YOU.

I just saw a pic of him and apparently Axl threw his PC hat out? Anyone on here get it? WOW... crazy how he just throws things out but great for us! :D. Would be worth more to me than a mic a piece of his clothing :wub:. Can't seem to find a video but only saw a photo :(. Anyone on hear who got it I ENVY YOU.

Yes he threw his hat, don't think there's much left from it because the towel that was thrown also got ripped apart.....

Yes he threw his hat, don't think there's much left from it because the towel that was thrown also got ripped apart.....

Awwwwwweee :( Thanks for that :).

Interesting side note, a former top hatted GNR member plays the same venue on Sunday..

Is that right?

I'll give you that one! That is an interesting side note.

Same will happen this week-end during the Hellfest open air festival. The event takes place close to Nantes, France.

I thought this type of cosmological event was soo rare as, let's say, the Halley comet or the moon crashing into the Sun, and it meant that William would finally speak with Soul without any lawyer close-by !

But it seems to happen all along the summer festival period, and nothin good ever happened. *sigh*

Interesting side note, a former top hatted GNR member plays the same venue on Sunday..

Is that right?

I'll give you that one! That is an interesting side note.

Same will happen this week-end during the Hellfest open air festival. The event takes place close to Nantes, France.

I thought this type of cosmological event was soo rare as, let's say, the Halley comet or the moon crashing into the Sun, and it meant that William would finally speak with Soul without any lawyer close-by !

But it seems to happen all along the summer festival period, and nothin good ever happened. *sigh*

And what about Graspop... June 22 Slash, june 24 Guns N' Roses...

Rain during November Rain, Don't Cry, Civil War and KOHD.. A epic moment

FUCK YEAH!

'Did ya think that I was coming tonight?'. The crowd started laughing and he said 'Me neither.'

Then it started raining during November Rain and Bumblefoot (wearing a shirt from 'der Deutsche Mannschaft) played some Singin' In The Rain.

:lol:

FUCKING AWESOME!

Just listened to the show, Axl was in a poor mood, complaining about the rain, complaining about the fact that they can't get shows in Germany booked, complaining about the slippery stage. When will the man ever grow a pair?

You're a fucking idiot.

I was at the show and he was in a great mood. He said he wasn't scared of the rain, he just didn't wanna fall and hurt himself any further so he didn't run around as much.

He explained why it had been 6 years since the last played Germany because Germany wouldn't book the band and that last nights show was a real bitch to get booked but he was happy to be back there to play.

It started raining during November Rain :wub: The entire show was just perfect.

She's fucking right! It was more than I ever expected! Caught a Pick from DJ before the show even started, caught Tommy's pick at the end, had funny moments with Tommy the whole show through, Axl was on fire, his voice was perfect (after a rough start during CD)!

I was front row, a bit to the right in front of Tommy, you can see me in some pictures, I'm the guy in the b/w flannel shirt.

I still can't believe it's almost a week ago already. It was such a blast, these guys know how to rock. So many funny and awesome moments.

She's fucking right! It was more than I ever expected! Caught a Pick from DJ before the show even started, caught Tommy's pick at the end, had funny moments with Tommy the whole show through, Axl was on fire, his voice was perfect (after a rough start during CD)!

I was front row, a bit to the right in front of Tommy, you can see me in some pictures, I'm the guy in the b/w flannel shirt.

I still can't believe it's almost a week ago already. It was such a blast, these guys know how to rock. So many funny and awesome moments.

So you were on DJ's side of the stage? We were at Ron's side. I cursed DJ when he came in and threw the pics before the show cause he didn't come to our side :lol: I'd gotten his pick in Rotterdam so I shouldn't complain though ;) I got part of his slide at this show though (he threw it to us but it broke when it landed on the ground so me and my friend each got a part of it)

I'm glad you had such a great time :) Now I bet you just wanna see them again, right? :lol: I know I do!

Confetti, part of DJ's slide, Richard's pick and DJ's pick

600013_10150907419118612_1572759033_n.jpg

So you were on DJ's side of the stage? We were at Ron's side. I cursed DJ when he came in and threw the pics before the show cause he didn't come to our side :lol: I'd gotten his pick in Rotterdam so I shouldn't complain though ;) I got part of his slide at this show though (he threw it to us but it broke when it landed on the ground so me and my friend each got a part of it)

I'm glad you had such a great time :) Now I bet you just wanna see them again, right? :lol: I know I do!

I'm a bit tired and I was reading the words pick (Richard's pick and DJ's pick) without c... I couldn't help it but it made me laugh ;)

These are nice for your collection! I got one DJ pick in Monchengladbach. And ofcourse the Axl picks from the m&g's.

I'm glad you had such a great time. Now I bet you just wanna see them again, right? :lol: I know I do!

I'm a bit tired and I was reading the words pick (Richard's pick and DJ's pick) without c... I couldn't help it but it made me laugh

These are nice for your collection! I got one DJ pick in Monchengladbach. And ofcourse the Axl picks from the m&g's.

:rofl-lol: I know! Just saying it makes me think of the word without the C in it haha. I got DJ and Richard's pi( c )ks! :thumbsup:

Edited by RocketQueen1985

I'm glad you had such a great time. Now I bet you just wanna see them again, right? :lol: I know I do!

I'm a bit tired and I was reading the words pick (Richard's pick and DJ's pick) without c... I couldn't help it but it made me laugh

:rofl-lol: I know! Just saying it makes me think of the word without the C in it haha. I got DJ and Richard's pi( c )ks! :thumbsup:

So funny :rofl-lol: we're living in different countries, have a different language, but that word is the same ;) A lot of people think: what's so funny about it.....