Johnny Rotten on Axl Rose & Rock n Roll Hall of Fame

Guest Len B'stard

Whether you like Myles or not, you can't deny his talent.

Myles is one of the more skilled vocalists in rock right now.

That says a lot about Rock right now.

It does say a lot, to me it is proof that there are still great vocalists out there - I think Myles is very talented. Edit: I agree with Kill Devil Hill's post above, Myles rocks!

Myles's talent is undeniable.

Here's a showcase of his best highs and lows. I love how bluesy he can be:

Okay, when it comes to Myles, perhaps I'm biased because of the Axl comparisons, but it must be admitted that some of that was very good.

Still, he does seem very familiar, almost generic - I can't help thinking, haven't I hard that same voice before? Hmm, Godsmack? No Creed, maybe? No, he replaced that guy. It's Just this gnawing feeling...

his voice just irritates the piss out of me it just grinds on me to me. he does sound very generic

Generic because... it irritates you? Who are you? If you don't like his voice is okay, I personally don't like his voice at all but I can't fool myself and deny that he's a great fuckin' singer.

You can't compare Myles with Axl, no point at all. Axl got rasp and.... huh? wait. Now, on a serious note, old Axl was a very unique singer. You will never find someone singing like old Axl, that's impossible.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GN'R did not perform at the HOF. Slash, Duff and Steve, Matt and Gilby, performed with Myles Kennedy, who has never been a member of GN'R. Axl (the band's sole lead singer and primary lyricist), Izzy Stradlin (who wrote or co-wrote the bulk of GN'R's music) and Dizzy Reed were not there.

Edited by Indigo Miser

Yup. Rock truly is pathetic when standards are low enough to qualify Myles as something more than a joke.

Maybe I'm too old to see where people find talent in him.

First time I've ever been glad to be old. :lol:

Generic because... it irritates you? Who are you? If you don't like his voice is okay, I personally don't like his voice at all but I can't fool myself and deny that he's a great fuckin' singer.

He is a great technical singer, no doubt, but the quality of his voice doesn't appeal to me at all.

Good one, Stannis!

Myles' voice is a perfect example of technically good sounding like shit. God its so boring and ripped off. "This guy must have the most unoriginal thoughts in the world," is what I think when I hear his voice.

Okay, when it comes to Myles, perhaps I'm biased because of the Axl comparisons, but it must be admitted that some of that was very good.

Still, he does seem very familiar, almost generic - I can't help thinking, haven't I hard that same voice before? Hmm, Godsmack? No Creed, maybe? No, he replaced that guy. It's Just this gnawing feeling...

The Axl comparisons are annoying. They're totally different vocalists and hardly comparable. I suppose it's hard not to compare when they're singing the same songs, but I dunno, I prefer to just ignore that part of my brain that's saying, "Axl's better." :xmasssanta:

I wouldn't say generic, though he does remind me of a handful of singers. But he's, like, a mixed bag of those singers. Like, if you put Jeff Buckley, Bono, Jimmy Gnecco, that Creed guy, and Seether into a pot and stirred 'em together, the result would be Myles.

Would Gary Cherone have been a better replacement? Would Nuno have been good in GNR?

Yup. Rock truly is pathetic when standards are low enough to qualify Myles as something more than a joke.

Maybe I'm too old to see where people find talent in him.

First time I've ever been glad to be old. :lol:

1. Talent is defined as a natural ability to do something. How does Myles not fit that definition whether you like his voice or not?

2. Did you watch the video I posted?

He is a great technical singer, no doubt, but the quality of his voice doesn't appeal to me at all.

THIS is what people actually mean when they call him "talentless." He's a great singer and that's not subject to opinion. Whether you like his singing or not is.

The Axl comparisons are annoying. They're totally different vocalists and hardly comparable. I suppose it's hard not to compare when they're singing the same songs, but I dunno, I prefer to just ignore that part of my brain that's saying, "Axl's better." :xmasssanta:

I wouldn't say generic, though he does remind me of a handful of singers. But he's, like, a mixed bag of those singers. Like, if you put Jeff Buckley, Bono, Jimmy Gnecco, that Creed guy, and Seether into a pot and stirred 'em together, the result would be Myles.

Would Gary Cherone have been a better replacement? Would Nuno have been good in GNR?

Depends on what you like. There's no objectively correct answer.