GN'R boycotted in Germany??

Belgian

Axl said yesterday that they have been trying to play in Germany for six years and that even in Mönchengladbach (a 'small' city somewhere on the border between Germany and the Netherlands) it was a bitch to get there. Apparently something to do with promoters and managers telling him not to go there and preventing them from playing in Germany.

What's the reason they can only play one gig in Germany, but about 7 in France for example? It's almost like they are being boycotted in Germany.

I don't really know, but I guess that there are many statutory requirements or something in Germany.

Also I think that many promoters here might think something like Guns N' Roses = late starts = trouble...

Like I said, don't know. But I think the band is not to blame on this one. ;)

Germans have a reputation for being super efficient and like everything to run like clockwork. Just a theory but German promoters may be reluctant to deal with an artist with Axls reputation for late starts and audiences less tolerant of someone turning up 2 hours late. Dont forget these guys invaded Poland for less.

Having said that back then a bunch of Americans turned up late to the party and fucked everything up for them aswel so maybe its something to do with thatl. :lol:

Edited by spunko12345

One of the biggest concert promoter in Germany is Marek Lieberberg ( http://www.mlk.com/ ). He organised Guns concerts in the 90s as far as I know and he managed to get them play Rock am Ring 2006.

But after that he said in interviews that he would never book a band like GnR again, that you can't be sure if they're going to play and that Axl has too much "needs" backstage..

GnR also cancelled some shows in ca. 2001/2002 (Rock im Park / Rock am Ring for example), so that's why Marek Lieberberg didn't want to book them again.

Other concert agencies listened to him and did the same I guess.

So it's great they managed to play here. I hope they'll get booked again. And this time not in Mönchengladbach, but Berlin, Munich, Nuremburg, ... something bigger please!

Germans have a reputation for being super efficient and like everything to run like clockwork. Just a theory but German promoters may be reluctant to deal with an artist with Axls reputation for late starts and audiences less tolerant of someone turning up 2 hours late. Dont forget these guys invaded Poland for less.

Having said that back then a bunch of Americans turned up late to the party and fucked everything up for them aswel so maybe its something to do with thatl. :lol:

Is it near a base?

Hard to know the reasons why but hopefully last nights performance open doors for more shows in Germany in the future. It would be nice to see GNR play numerous shows like they have done in the UK and France. Germany population is about 80 million too.

One of the biggest concert promoter in Germany is Marek Lieberberg ( http://www.mlk.com/ ). He organised Guns concerts in the 90s as far as I know and he managed to get them play Rock am Ring 2006.

But after that he said in interviews that he would never book a band like GnR again, that you can't be sure if they're going to play and that Axl has too much "needs" backstage..

Interesting.

It's a shame, because Rock am Ring 2006 was such an amazing concert. Those fans deserve another GNR show.

Maybe the hostility between the band and Marek would prevent that 2006 show from being put out on DVD like I suggested in another thread.