What is your favorite GN'R song in 6/8 time?

Tyler Drama

What is your favorite GN'R song in 6/8 time?  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What is your favorite GN'R song in 6/8 time? The band rarely plays/has ever played any songs that aren't in 4/4 time (like most bands), but have decided to make things a little different with these two songs.

Edited by GNRSkidRow1

'You Ain't the First' always came off as a joke song to me, never have liked it, only the little riff. That said, 'Sorry' is a great, great song. It doesn't come off live as well as I hoped, but the cd version is on fire...

found it

"3/4 is grouped so that you have 3 sets of 2 quavers, like so: || || ||, where as 6/8 is 2 sets of 3 quavers: ||| |||. If the phrasing/rhythm of a piece naturally falls into the 3 groups, then it is in 3/4, and likewise for 6/8."

although it is also mentioned that it is sometimes difficult to be sure.

However, given this new theoretical insight, both Sorry and YATF are definitely in 6/8 so the thread title should be renamed

I always felt YATF in 3/4, which is incorrect, but still how I always heard it, even though the rrums told me otherwise. Having said that, Sorry is 10x the song YATF is imho. Except "but i, don't want to do it"