Lets say a new album came out

blake-a-mania

Okay, so with all of the setlist complaints going around at the minute and people talking about CD2 etc, it got me thinking.

If CD2 came out, and featured songs like

Jacky Chan

Soul Monster

Blood In The Water

etc

Lets say 14 songs for arguments sake.

what songs should be dropped from the current setlist? Jungle? Rocket Queen? Sorry?

Guns n Roses is already going out there and playing probably the biggest rock show night after night with 33/34 songs being played, so what do you think?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jungle ain't getting dropped. most of chinese would be dropped i'd imagine, with the exception of maybe 2-3 songs max. maybe one song chopped from appetite and two chopped from illusions.

Thats what I would imagine, I am trying to figure out though what it would take to stop the majority on here from whining all the time, they are currently complaining because they want new material, 6 months ago it was because they didn't like the previous new material, next it will be whatever is dropped...

jungle ain't getting dropped. most of chinese would be dropped i'd imagine, with the exception of maybe 2-3 songs max. maybe one song chopped from appetite and two chopped from illusions.

I agree. Chinese would be dropped in favour of the golden classics "everybody" wants to hear.

I am trying to figure out though what it would take to stop the majority on here from whining all the time

Probably nothing.

I do enjoy the fact that they seem to stay here at mygnrforum, though, and if we could lure them into a dedicated "endless complaining section" then that would be even better.

hey, if you don't like certain posters, why don't you just ignore them? if their opinions get you so mad, ignore the shit they post, for god's sake.

maybe the mods should create the axl worshipping section where no negativity would be allowed, that would make you wet your pants, i guess.

hey, if you don't like certain posters, why don't you just ignore them? if their opinions get you so mad, ignore the shit they post, for god's sake.

maybe the mods should create the axl worshipping section where no negativity would be allowed, that would make you wet your pants, i guess.

And there I was thinking that everything had positives and negatives and that an individual could see both, apparently i was wrong....

I'd actually prefer most of the CD songs to be retained and maybe a couple more added or swapped around. I'd drop a couple of AFD tunes and the Illusions covers.

I would say some more variety in the setlist may reduce whining but nothing would completely stop it

why do people care that the show is similar in every town? do they also whine that the avengers has the same ending in france that it has in the US?

Because some people like change maybe you want to live every day of your life like the last :)

People who write "for god's sake" tend to be madder than others...

Isn't that similar to HTGTH? Perhaps people choose to post here because they enjoy some criticism but feel that now with all the outcasts coming back it has tipped over?

I would say some more variety in the setlist may reduce whining but nothing would completely stop it

why do people care that the show is similar in every town? do they also whine that the avengers has the same ending in france that it has in the US?

Because some people like change maybe you want to live every day of your life like the last :)

so next time GNR comes to your town, if the show is the same as the last time they came, feel free to complain. i just don't understand complaining that a show you already saw is similar to a show somewhere else that other people didn't see yet.

If all the shows were the same I'd actually have seen Better and Shackler's Revenge. /sigh

I'd hope they finally drop Out Ta Get Me.

Out Ta Get Me hasn't been played regularly in many many years.

They played it at the show I went to...

Edited by luciusfunk

If there's a new album couldn't they just rotate some songs in and out? Drop the covers, even the UYI ones, rotate other songs in and out, and maybe keep it 50% classic, 50% nu. That's possible, would be respectable, and would make me respect this as an outfit that can stand on their own. Much more than I do now. As long as they got Jungle, SCOM, PC, Patience, YCBM and NR in there somewhere, they can put songs on rotation. Shouldn't be that hard to figure out.

I just don't see it happening though. I personally highly doubt we'll ever see another officially released gnr album of new material. We'll see...

Edited by Bobbo

so next time GNR comes to your town, if the show is the same as the last time they came, feel free to complain. i just don't understand complaining that a show you already saw is similar to a show somewhere else that other people didn't see yet.

I'm not complaining just giving a reason why people would want different song's played.

Guest Gunns

I'm not complaining just giving a reason why people would want different song's played.

So would those same people be happy if a restaurant they don't eat at changed their menu? Since some people like change, would change that does not affect them still make them less likely to whine?

Perhaps this discussion may be a little easier with a little organization. Each of GNR's three main albums have had 7 staples in the set lately:

JUNGLE / IT'S SO EASY / BROWNSTONE / ROCKET QUEEN / SCOM / NIGHTRAIN / PARADISE

LALD / ESTRANGED / YCBM / NOVEMBER RAIN / DON'T CRY / CIVIL WAR / KNOCKIN'

CHINESE / SORRY / SHACKLER'S / THIS I LOVE / BETTER / STREET OF DREAMS / MADDY

So, assuming this mysterious new album would have 7 songs played from it, what 7 songs from the 21 listed above would you remove to make room for the 7 new songs?

My personal choices would be:

BROWNSTONE / ROCKET QUEEN / DON'T CRY / KNOCKIN' / SORRY / THIS I LOVE / MADDY

I'd replace this I love with s.o.d

So would those same people be happy if a restaurant they don't eat at changed their menu? Since some people like change, would change that does not affect them still make them less likely to whine?

Perhaps this discussion may be a little easier with a little organization. Each of GNR's three main albums have had 7 staples in the set lately:

JUNGLE / IT'S SO EASY / BROWNSTONE / ROCKET QUEEN / SCOM / NIGHTRAIN / PARADISE

LALD / ESTRANGED / YCBM / NOVEMBER RAIN / DON'T CRY / CIVIL WAR / KNOCKIN'

CHINESE / SORRY / SHACKLER'S / THIS I LOVE / BETTER / STREET OF DREAMS / MADDY

So, assuming this mysterious new album would have 7 songs played from it, what 7 songs from the 21 listed above would you remove to make room for the 7 new songs?

My personal choices would be:

BROWNSTONE / ROCKET QUEEN / DON'T CRY / KNOCKIN' / SORRY / THIS I LOVE / MADDY

Axl would ease into new song's exactly like he did with Chinese 3-4 if you're lucky

Guest Gunns

He doesn't even have to releasethe new album in order to play new songs, riad, the blues, cd, madagascar were all played before albums release

Cmon axl!