• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rotate:

Brownstone/It's So Easy

Estranged/Civil War

This I Love/ Street of Dreams

Drop Chinese and Sorry. Open with Jungle or a new song. Don't need to open with Chinese with a new album. That's 5 new songs that could be added.

Edit: YCBM/ RQ instead.

Edited by packersnroses

Jungle

SCOM

PC

YCBM

Don't Cry

Nov Rain

Chi Dem

SOD

TIL

Must play these songs. After that go wild.

Swap Chi Dem with Better, and add Nightrain, in fact open with Nightrain.

I just feel you have to play Jungle but sometimes I listen to it and it's not that great. Nightrain is simple and always rocks.

I go back and forth on Better. It's great song on record just think Chi dem like Jungle are better live.

I'd add Nightain, Better and Civil War. Which makes it 12 songs.

Dropping out YCBM?

lolno

Why not? It's one of the songs Axl consistently has trouble with. The only reason I like seeing it live is to see how many in the crowd shout "With your ass in the air!"

Because it's a staple since the release (or even before the UYI's cameout) a song that made GNR famous and the crowd always want to hear. Yes, he's got trouble with that song, but following this logic, they should only play 4-5 songs...

CD, Sorry, Shackler's, one of Brownstone or RQ, one of Civil War or Estranged.

Love all these songs, but if there's a new album they seem like most obvious candidates. Last 2 are especially lengthy, CD is great opener but weird in the middle of a set (either have song from new album or WTTJ as opener). Brownstone and RQ could be swapped every night to save time.

LALD and KOHD shouldn't be removed, they're too much fun/well-known in the live setting, though KOHD could be a bit shorter.

TIL and Better are the songs that get the best crowd reaction from CD.

Oh yeah, remove SOD, that song just really kills the atmosphere at the gigs I've been to. When it's Motivation/Baba O'Riley/SOD, you can really feel a lull in the atmosphere.