Do you think Riad or Oh My God will be played live before a new song will or not?

Guest Gunns

Do you think Riad will be played live before a new song or not?  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Gunns

We all know Axl hasn't performed Riad or Oh My God live since the tour back in '02,

do you think he will surprise us with playing them before a new song , or vice versa?

Axl performed new songs back in 2001/02, 6 years before chinese D came out, so its possible, and Going Down was seen as a possible song selection for the past tour.

I'm still holding out on Riad making a comeback in the setlist, however if Axl doesn't hurry up soon, then performance wise, it may not be possible for him to sing it in a few years from now.

Setlist-GNR.jpg

Edited by Gunns

Guest Broskirose

Well Riad and OMG have been on recent setlists. New songs as far as we know, haven't.

But if they release an album then they'd of course play new songs live. So I guess it's just a matter of when Axl decides to do something interesting.

Guest Gunns

Well Riad and OMG have been on recent setlists. New songs as far as we know, haven't.

But if they release an album then they'd of course play new songs live. So I guess it's just a matter of when Axl decides to do something interesting.

Going Down.

I think Axl is more likely to take the safer option at this stage, and just test the waters with oh my god again, see if the live reception in the past 10 years has changed to the song .

Edited by Gunns

Guest Gunns

I think Axl may of just abandoned Riad completely, after the court case surrounding the sampling used in the song a few years back. Its a shame because live it comes across much better than the studio version (thats not to say the studio version isnt great, its just a whole other beast when performed live)

I think Axl may of just abandoned Riad completely, after the court case surrounding the sampling used in the song a few years back. Its a shame because live it comes across much better than the studio version (thats not to say the studio version isnt great, its just a whole other beast when performed live)

You think? I actually think the reason the song gets so much hate is because for so long, we only had the pretty bad live versions to go by. The studio version kicks ass imo.

Guest Gunns

I can totally see Axl going all mickey mouse on this right now and nailing it.

ALA:

If any a' time to bring out mickey and make the most of it, its now , with Riad!

Oh My God and Riad have been in several setlists for ages now, if they wanted to play it, they would have done it already. Nothing stopping them...

Besides Tommy already said that it's a nightmare to play Riad for all of them.. so i don't think they'll ever play it again.

I think there's a bigger possibility that they would play a new song in the long run

Guest Gunns

I don't think any of them will be played.

I think after the last shows of this tour, the band will have a rest and comeback in '13 with a few surprises.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I don't think any of them will be played.

I think after the last shows of this tour, the band will have a rest and comeback in '13 with a few surprises.

People have said that before every new tour or tour leg. It never happens. I did actually think, as naive and stupid as it sounds, that they'd play something new at RIR last year. lol...

Besides Tommy already said that it's a nightmare to play Riad for all of them.. so i don't think they'll ever play it again.

Do you have the source for this quote? I want to add it to the database: http://www.a-4-d.com/t189-riad-n-the-bedouins#240

No. i don't keep quotes really. But i think that was an answer to a fan that asked why Riad wasn't being played a while ago. Not sure if it was by email, twitter or whatever, but i remember Tommy saying that it was a nightmare doing that song, because it would never be a great performance.

Do you have the source for this quote? I want to add it to the database: http://www.a-4-d.com/t189-riad-n-the-bedouins#240

No. i don't keep quotes really. But i think that was an answer to a fan that asked why Riad wasn't being played a while ago. Not sure if it was by email, twitter or whatever, but i remember Tommy saying that it was a nightmare doing that song, because it would never be a great performance.

Thanks! But I can't add it unless I have the proper reference. Argh. Frustrating!