Your Top 5 Best Bands with Worst Guitar Players

Cosmo

[*]Pearl Jam

What!? Mike Mcready is a fantastic lead player! I actually consider him to be one of the greater guitarists of the 90's :P

Really? Apart from his playing their first two albums, I've always felt like he kinda kept to himself a bit too much.

[*]Pearl Jam

What!? Mike Mcready is a fantastic lead player! I actually consider him to be one of the greater guitarists of the 90's :P

Really? Apart from his playing their first two albums, I've always felt like he kinda kept to himself a bit too much.

I really dig his leads on later era PJ songs as well. Stuff like Of The Girl, Nothing As It Seems, Of The Earth, Immortality, Given To Fly etc. - all solid guitar parts IMO

Edited by WhazUp

[*]Pearl Jam

I really dig his leads on later era PJ songs as well. Stuff like Of The Girl, Nothing As It Seems, Of The Earth, Immortality, Given To Fly etc. - all solid guitar parts IMO

Nothing as it seems is awesome indeed...

[*]Pearl Jam

There's also You Are, another great tune with a industrial touch. IMO, he's a complete artist, he ventured far away from what he was good at, the style that made him famous and that takes a lot of guts.

Kerry King from Slayer comes up with some good thrashing riffs but the solos are just kinda wait.. what the fuck? for the most part :rofl-lol: it works as part of the overall package somehow but Hanneman usually improves things.

Finally someone who agrees!!!!!

Kerry King from Slayer comes up with some good thrashing riffs but the solos are just kinda wait.. what the fuck? for the most part :rofl-lol: it works as part of the overall package somehow but Hanneman usually improves things.

Finally someone who agrees!!!!!

Totally who I had in mind coming into this thread.

+1 :thumbsup: especially in Behind The Crooked Cross. I really don't like that solo.

Van Halen

AC/DC

Black Sabbath

Megadeth

Ozzy Osbourne

Pantera

trollface.gif

In all seriousness, I actually can't think of any off-hand.

i was about to have a heart attack looking at that list :tongue2:

as for kerry king i love kerry but i agree some of his solos are out their lol but on the older albums show no mercy,hell awaits he was very good IMO

Van Halen

AC/DC

Black Sabbath

Megadeth

Ozzy Osbourne

Pantera

trollface.gif

In all seriousness, I actually can't think of any off-hand.

i was about to have a heart attack looking at that list :tongue2:

as for kerry king i love kerry but i agree some of his solos are out their lol but on the older albums show no mercy,hell awaits he was very good IMO

Kerry is not a bad soloing axman, far from that, but sometimes it just feels out of place.

That's actually pretty hard.

Nirvana comes to mind. Cobain is a mediocre guitar player at best..

I also still think Buckethead was a horrible fit for GnR. But yeah...

I love The Doors but I feel Krieger is a little bit overrated as a guitar player too.

Maybe Noel Gallagher in Oasis. But I do really love his style.

Edited by username

The thing about Kurt is that his playing was perfect for Nirvana. He may not have been all that skilled, but his style worked for the best. His guitarwork for Love Buzz, for instance. It's so intense. I can't imagine anyone else playing it that way.

The thing about Kurt is that his playing was perfect for Nirvana. He may not have been all that skilled, but his style worked for the best. His guitarwork for Love Buzz, for instance. It's so intense. I can't imagine anyone else playing it that way.

Agreed. Despite saying this I am a Nirvana fan by the way. ;)

But that's the hard part here. Do you define worst in terms of skill or in terms of fit.

That's actually pretty hard.

I also still think Buckethead was a horrible fit for GnR. But yeah...

I love The Doors but I feel Krieger is a little bit overrated as a guitar player too.

Maybe Noel Gallagher in Oasis. But I do really love his style.

I agree with what you said about Kurt . He gets too much credit on his guitar skills.

i cant really think of horrible guitar players but maybe just decent or average take quorthon in my sig. he wasnt the greatest guitar player but i really dig his sound its really full. if you listen to a later period bathory album like nordland I and II and then put in another metal album the guitars just dont sound as full.

another is tracy G from dio strange highways is one of my fave albums and angry machines was decent but he butchered the old dio material

Agreed. Despite saying this I am a Nirvana fan by the way. ;)

But that's the hard part here. Do you define worst in terms of skill or in terms of fit.

Yeah, we need a definition of worst. I mean, skill-wise, Page and Hendrix are considered sloppy players.