After the 2010 tour I think....

tsunta421

I think after the tour of 2010 Axl probably was thinking that his voice was the best its been in years so maybe between the 2010 tour and Rock In Rio 2011 He spent alot of time in the studio recording vocals to the point he started to sound like Mickey Again?

Anyone ever think this?

I think after the tour of 2010 Axl probably was thinking that his voice was the best its been in years so maybe between the 2010 tour and Rock In Rio 2011 He spent alot of time in the studio recording vocals to the point he started to sound like Mickey Again?

Anyone ever think this?

Gained weight, out of shape, lack of dedication etc. he was a mess at RIR (I know beating a dead horse. . .)

that being said so far in 2012 he sounds very good. Maybe not like '10 or '06 but still damn good. A little mickey here and there but I can live with that .

People praising 2010... after seeing 7 shows this year, and 5 in 2010, i can say Axl sounds the same. There was two shows where he sounded a little weaker and those shows he had played a 3 hour performance the night before.

Seriously, wait till this pro shot london show is up online and compare that to rio and your 2010 shows.

I loved '10 as much as anyone, but he wasnt great every gig then. Reading comes to mind. The Asian leg starting from '09 and the Canadian leg, i thought he was very spotty. Listen to those Chi Dem songs he performed then - yikes! Think that scared him from playing them again. But, I remember seeing the KOHD at Seoul and thinking "Damn this could be a great year" and yea it was.

And yes I'll be sure to get back to you after seeing a Pro shot London gig. I guess his performance on 14 Years doesnt represent his overall performance.

Edited by Eu4ic

Band members said they recorded before RIR 2011 so maybe there is a chance... i know Axl can do better in studio, with no running, no pressure in front of so many people and proper audio. :thumbsup:

People give Axl alot of shit for the way he sings, but at the end of the day, he hits the notes. The way he sings obviously helps him perform to a standard that he thinks makes the songs sound good - and it does. Many singers have songs toned down a bit so it's easier for them to perform but Axl doesn't, he still hits the notes at 50, albeit a bit weak, but thats only natural with age. He was on fire in Glasgow, he sounded incredible.

Vocal muscles are like any other muscles, the less you use them, the less they're able to do. I think the person who started this thread is suffering from wishful thinking. If anything, recording and singing regularly should have improved his vocals, not made them worse. I'm more inclined to believe that he hadn't sang a note between Dubai and Rio and that's why he sounded weaker nine months later.

Cheers,

Andrew

After seeing him Twice in 2010 and 3 times in 2012......

He DOES NOT sound the same.

2012 were the superior shows, with the band being as tight as ever, and the setlist being fleshed out. But when it comes down to the songs that need rasp most (rocket queen...and so on)...it just wasn't there (or veryvery little).

Oh and IMO, the London recorded show was not good for his voice, he was hitting many flat notes, especially in estranged!!

Birmingham 12 was the most consistent/the best show I've been to.

But Birmingham 10 (when he had a sore throat) had the greatest voice I've heard from him.