Not understanding what you mean

Tabitha27

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I went 2 times this year, last week, and his voice sounds GREAT! With all respect: way better than 2010. I don't really care though, like you can see in my last reaction.

Recordings don't lie.

Ok, so then explain to me why most of the people that attend the 2012 shows, say he's way better than 2010?

It seems that only the people that don't (ever) go to shows keep complaining, based on some recordings that DO lie!!!!

Guest Broskirose

If you think he sounds better in 2012 than he did in 2010 you are simply wrong.

He ain't bad for a 50 year old man. I don't think that's the reason anyone "complains". But, how the hell his voice has gotten so bad in comparison to what it was 2 years ago is insane.

Guest Broskirose

People that attend current shows aren't wrong.

I attended 3 shows this year. You're right, I'm not wrong. He was better in 2010. How that is even disuptable is beyond me.

Compare any song from any show, and 2010 will be better every single time.

I went 2 times this year, last week, and his voice sounds GREAT! With all respect: way better than 2010. I don't really care though, like you can see in my last reaction.

Recordings don't lie.

Ok, so then explain to me why most of the people that attend the 2012 shows, say he's way better than 2010?

It seems that only the people that don't (ever) go to shows keep complaining, based on some recordings that DO lie!!!!

The whole "you don't know how good he sounds, I was there!" argument is getting just as tired as the old "the concert I went to was the best Guns N' Roses concert of all time...because I was there!" argument.

Both arguments are illogical and based on you being in awe of the concert experience.

Recordings do not lie. If you think so, you're a fool.

Edited by Freddie Mercury's Ghost

andrew-

of course there is a difference between 2010 and 2012. but Axl still sounds amazing in 2011 and 2012. And even better in real. I think if you would go to a show this year, you'd change your mind.

Saw them 5 times in 2002, 5 times in 2006, 3 times in 2010, and once in 2011. It's not like his voice was horrible, but there was, in my opinion based on the shows I've seen, a dramatic difference between what I heard in 2010 and what I heard almost two years later. Unfortunately for myself, having heard Axl sing the way he could in 2010, that's what I expect now when he puts on a show. You can't say well, he's 50 now and you can't expect the same from a fifty year old. So at 49 he sounds amazing, the best he's sounded since the AFD/UYI days, and nine months his voice suffers because he's closer to 50? Logic doesn't flow...

I'll admit, it's not like there weren't moments of greatness (for some reason Jungle always sounds amazing), but for the most part I felt like it was ten years ago and his 2001 voice was back. Again, my opinion based on what I saw in person. The videos on youtube only validate my opinion.

Cheers,

Andrew

So I'm sorry for you. Personally, I don't think Axl sounds so terrible in 2001. Vegas is even one of my favorites. And I don't find any huge difference between the show I saw in Geneva in 2010 and Lyon in 2012.

There is no accounting for taste.

Peace.

Recordings don't lie.

The whole "you don't know how good he sounds, I was there!" argument is getting just as tired as the old "the concert I went to was the best Guns N' Roses concert of all time...because I was there!" argument.

Both arguments are illogical and based on you being in awe of the concert experience.

Recordings do not lie. If you think so, you're a fool.

Well, call me a fool if you want.

You know what real fools are? People that keep complaining. They need to get a life. Just enjoy it or leave it and listen to albums.

They just don't understand what life is about, that Axl isn't god and hasn't got the same strong voice every show / tour.

It's not realistic to expect that.

You know what real fools are? People that keep complaining. They need to get a life. Just enjoy it or leave it and listen to albums.

They just don't understand what life is about, that Axl isn't god and hasn't got the same strong voice every show / tour.

It's not realistic to expect that.

If we didn't complain, that would mean we didn't care.

It's getting to the point where not much people care anymore. That's Axl's problem.

If he wants to stop that from happening, he has to better prepare for touring. That is a realistic expectation that we, as fans, should have.

Guest Broskirose
If you think he sounds better in 2012 than he did in 2010 you are simply wrong.

So we have some context for your comments, can you please let us know which 2010 and 2012 shows you attended?

MSL, you can do whatever you want with this response because I know it will be ridiculous as your posts always are. I'm not interested in making any bets, or talking about how you went to college at 11.

Dear god people, this is not rocket science.

I'll say it again. Take any song and compare with any 2010/2012 show and I promise you 2010 will be better every single time.

Infact, I will now do that using this random number generator. http://www.random.org/ From here on I will be typing this post as I do the random number generator.

First I set the limits to min:1/max:5.

1 = AFD

2 = Lies

3 = UYI 1

4 = UYI 2

5 = CD

1 was the number chosen. Therefore our song will be an AFD tune.

Next I will set the settings to min:1/max:12 with each number representing the number of the songs on AFD.

8 was chosen which is Think About You. Since that has not been played this year I will go again.

11 was chosen which is Anything Goes. Again that has not been played so I will try again.

8 again....another try

1 has been generated, so our song will be Welcome To The Jungle.

Next, I will pick our 2010 and 2012 show. I believe there were 75 shows from 2010 so I will set the max to 75.

66 was generated so that is October 18, 2010 in Manchester, England.

Now for the 2012 shows. 31 so far. Number chosen was 30. That is June 10th, 2012 in Lyon, France.

Here is our 2010 performance

Here is our 2012 performanace

If you have any doubt this is completely random you can do it yourself and come up with your own song/show.

Personally, I actually don't think he sounds that bad in comparison. Axl has always done well with Jungle, but the 2010 one is still much better. He has so much rasp. Almost sounds like Indiana 1991 rasp. For other songs though the results are much more devestating. Do this with any song and any show and 2010 will always be better. Anyone else want to try?

Edited by Broskirose

Guest Broskirose

why did you refuse to answer my question?

Because it is not relevant in any way and because your posts annoy me and I don't want to get into an obnoxious debate about bets, money, carebears or any of that other garbage a debate with you always ends in.

This is not rocket science. Look at my last post. Two 100% random songs and shows from 2010 and 2012. 2010 was clearly the better performance. And you can do the same thing all night. 2010 will always be better...why? Because his voice was better in 2010...It's not even debatable!

It's one thing to like the current band. I like them too. But, to constantly argue every single point when there is no possible way you can even be somewhat right...is just headache inducing.

Axl was better in 2010. Why is this even a discussion? Show me one performance of a song from 2012 that is better than one from 2010. I dare you!

Edited by Broskirose

Guest Broskirose

broski -

which shows you went to in 2010 and 2012 is not relevant when discussing which you preferred?

very odd that you're avoiding this question.

in fact, you're going to extraordinary lengths to not answer the question.

strange.

I didn't go to a 2010 show. How is that relevant? At all? What is your point? I didn't answer the question because it has nothing to do with the topic. I don't need to go to a show that year to know he was better in 2010. Recordings don't lie and I've seen videos from almost every show since 2009.

Why are you ignoring my post on the last page? Strange.

Again, I ask you to show me ONE 2012 performance of a song that is better than a 2010 one. Go ahead and take your time. Take the next year searching through every single Youtube video there is because you won't find one. inb4 the "youhavetobeatashowtojudgeaperformance"

So I'm sorry for you. Personally, I don't think Axl sounds so terrible in 2001. Vegas is even one of my favorites. And I don't find any huge difference between the show I saw in Geneva in 2010 and Lyon in 2012.

There is no accounting for taste.

Peace.

I don't mean or intend to harp on the guy constantly because he can't sing like he use to. The guy is clearly giving it his all most nights he performs for a solid two and a half to three hour shows. That's commedable.

Why I got into Guns over twenty years ago was for the songs and Axl's voice. To me, Axl's singing style in 2001 was akin to a Journey cover singer. It just wasn't comparable to how he use to sing (the best example I can give you is GNR's performance at the Freddie Mercury tribute concert -

). When in 2006 and especially in 2010 he started to sound like he did in his prime, that is what restored my faith in him as a frontman.

I can understand why 2011/2012 have been great shows if you're a fan of his 2001 vocals, but seeing how I'm not one of those people, I have a hard time hearing him lately and thinking he sounds great.

Cheers,

Andrew

why did you refuse to answer my question?

Because it is not relevant in any way and because your posts annoy me and I don't want to get into an obnoxious debate about bets, money, carebears or any of that other garbage a debate with you always ends in.

LOL carebears... that was funny as hell hahahaha

It's a great way to start my day at work... to come to a GNR forum and see all MSL's posts lol

broski -

which shows you went to in 2010 and 2012 is not relevant when discussing which you preferred?

very odd that you're avoiding this question.

in fact, you're going to extraordinary lengths to not answer the question.

strange.

Haloperidol_5.jpg

Guest Broskirose

i never said axl sounded better in 2012 than he did in 2010. i said he sounded better in 2012 than he did in 2011. i base that on shows i attended each year.

Well I attended 3 shows in 2011 and 3 shows in 2012 and personally didn't notice a difference at all.

when you said he sounded better in 2010 than he did in 2012, and used the fact that you'd attended 3 shows in 2012 to support your premise, i was curious to know which shows you'd attended as well as which shows you'd attended in 2010, if any.

I didn't use the fact that I had attended 3 2012 shows to support my stance on his 2010 vs 2012 voice. I was just responding to RQ who said that people who go to the shows this year are saying his voice was better in 2010 and I was showing her that I had gone to shows this year and did not think so (and I'm sure 99% of fans would agree).

the way you've squirmed ever since has been very revealing.

I can assure you there has been no squirming, but I'm curious as to what you think it reveals.

Guest Broskirose

browski -

you obviously hoped to avoid/delay admitting you hadn't actually gone to any shows in 2010. humorous.

No, I didn't. I just thought it wasn't relevant to the point at all so instead of arguing petty BS with you I actually provided proof and substance to my argument.

The only reason I "delayed" admitting to not attending a 2010 show was because it had nothing to do with the discussion and I knew you would do...well, exactly what you're doing now. Predictable.