Not understanding what you mean

Tabitha27

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To my ears, with a few, brief, momentary exceptions, Axl's voice, at every show since the 2001 re-emerging, has had the Mickey Mouse thang (or some other variant) going on. Even the shows where people say "Hey, Axl's got his voice back! Check out this clip, it's great!", I still hear it and kinda cock my head to the side thinking "No, this isn't quite right". But that's just me!

It sucks, but what can you do. I think the guy is the greatest (and most interesting) rock n' roll performer of all time, and the old Guns' albums will never leave my ipod.

No, no. You need to listen to Lille 2010. I had the whole thing on today. If anything, he sings with TOO much rasp to the point where it starts to grate. IRS, Blues, Maddy, friggin everything. Maddy sounds so strong and powerful, and right near the end of a show he's sung really hard, it's amazing. You're missing out. Toronto is also pretty amazing but I think Lille is the most consistent not to mention a wonderfully clearly recorded boot. If you want PM me and i'll sort it out for you. You may be surprised.

God, I love Axl's Mickey Mouse shirt... Do you know what it means? A big f*ck you to the complainers!

Really? You think that?

I think it's more along the lines of a 50 year old acting more childlike and dresses that way because he can.

Just like with the football jerseys in 2002. He wore them because he felt comfortable and liked them.

I hate those jerseys :xmasssanta:

Thought Axl wanted to look like Fred Durst and other numetal bands.

Are you kidding me? Are you people really so obtuse you can't understand the point of the t-shirt? It's a big, skeletal, angry-looking rock-style Mickey Mouse with all his flesh stripped off to reveal a massive beating heart underneath. Message is pretty clear: I might be a bad-ass old rocker but it fucking hurts and pisses me off when you slag me off when i'm doinf the best I can with what i've got.

If you don't get that you're a goon.

That said, I think he actually chooses how he's going to sing. What isn't clear at all is what his motives are. In 2002 he knew the record was a long way off still and din't want to waste his voice. I think possibly in 2006-7 he thought the record was imminent and wanted to give his best and similarly in 2010 with the album fresh out and showcasing it all to the whole world officially for the first time he went all out. At this point his wheels are spinning so he's saving his voice again. I imagine that after the next record drops he'll come out a -screeching again.

The most frustrating thing is that he almost never seems to bring his A-Game on worldwide tv or even fan PPVs. I think Rock Am Ring is the only time. What a shame the last Rio and all these live streams weren't in 2010.

Can someone post here please a video of Axl sounding like mickey mouse and then post a video of him not sounding like mickey mouse? Can you also reference the time mark in the videos like "2.45 mark" so I can understand what you are referring to?

Thanks.

A few idiots post here, do not take everything at face value.

Axl sounded better in 2010, period. You idiots will continue to say the opposite? :rofl-lol:

You idiots continue complaining?

Go listen to another band.

Like someone said, you all claim to be a fan so shut the f*** up about his voice. He can't be at his best every show, how long does it take for some of you to understand that? Don't you have better things to do than compare every single word that comes out of his mouth? It seems not...

Well I'm glad that I'm a happy Fan who enjoys what she gets. Whether it's an epic show or not.

What does that have to do with what I said? He sounded better in 2010. I don't care about complains and Axl not being in shape at every gig, I couldn't care less. So you shut the fuck up.

I was not talking to you in particular, but to all the complainers on here.

The people that constantly whine and complain about other people's posts are just as annoying as the people who constantly bash Axl.

Take your OWN advice. Go to a forum that has posters that you enjoy. Why do u post at a forum that causes you so much whining and crying? Go check out hygth. There you aren't allowed to express your feelings, you are only allowed to praise Axl. Seems like you might enjoy that forum more? Taking your own advice seems like your best move.

Broski, now you see why so many people have stopped responding to msl. He and a couple others argue the oddest things. Never the point, but they go off on weird tangents that aren't really important. But if you don't answer how they want......then the passive aggressive insults start. They don't come here to chat about out favorite singer and band, their mission is to "own" and educate anybody who isn't worshipping Axl 24/7.

They want you to get irritated. Better off just ignoring, and chat with those who want to talk (the good and bad) about out fav singer.

God, I love Axl's Mickey Mouse shirt... Do you know what it means? A big f*ck you to the complainers ;)

If you spent half the time and energy that you spend on here sticking up for someone you don't even know in the REAL world, helping REAL human beings, you might actually do something great. Seriously, it's just a band. It's just music. Axl is not your father,brother,uncle or cousin. Chill out...lol

And who are you to say that it's just a band to me??? I think no one can judge about that!

It IS just a band lol.

God, I love Axl's Mickey Mouse shirt... Do you know what it means? A big f*ck you to the complainers ;)

If you spent half the time and energy that you spend on here sticking up for someone you don't even know in the REAL world, helping REAL human beings, you might actually do something great. Seriously, it's just a band. It's just music. Axl is not your father,brother,uncle or cousin. Chill out...lol

Maybe you should take your own advice and spend all your waking minutes helping humanity rather than posting about a line-up of a band and a singer you obviously dont care for.

Music is art. I care about the ART Axl creates, not Axl. I don't know Axl Rose, so how am I suppose to care about him? I don't know anyone in his band, so how am I suppose to care for them? Do you see how logical that is? To care about someone, on a personal level, that you don't personally know is...a little weird. And that's me being nice.

Great points.

It will fly over the head of most of the worshippers though.

They equate undying devotion to Axl the person as a measurement of being a fan or not. To them, if you criticize something Axl does - then you are a cupcake hater who has no life. Even though you might actually be a bigger fan then they are. It is crazy.

I'm not a fan of Axl the person. He has had two different gfs file assault charges against him. Hitting a woman is disgusting in my book. Look at his history. The guy even admits that nobody is a bigger asshole than he is. But the worshippers don't care about any of that stuff.

As for Axl's art? I'm as die-hard of a fan as anybody here. I've been listening to the band non stop since 1988. I listen to GnR more than I listen to all other bands combined.

But to some I'm a hater cupcake. Because I don't worship a 50 year old rock singer. My idols are firemen, teachers, doctors, police men. Scientists trying to develop a cure for cancer. People that donate bone marrow or kidneys so others can live. Some people prefer to worship celebrities. I guess that is why Kim kardashian and Paris Hilton and rock singers are so popular. Just not my cup of tea.

Though I must admit that when I was 13 I did worship singer Samantha Fox. But most people grow out of celebrity worship as they become adults.

As for the topic.

I can't believe people are freaking out and fighting about it.

Axl sounds better in some shows than he does in others.

Performances usually sound better when you are there live. YouTube videos usually sound worse than what actually happened.

Axl still sounds great most of the time. And the touring band does a great job almost every show.

Edited by Groghan

And who are you to say that it's just a band to me??? I think no one can judge about that!

It IS just a band lol.

Maybe you should take your own advice and spend all your waking minutes helping humanity rather than posting about a line-up of a band and a singer you obviously dont care for.

Music is art. I care about the ART Axl creates, not Axl. I don't know Axl Rose, so how am I suppose to care about him? I don't know anyone in his band, so how am I suppose to care for them? Do you see how logical that is? To care about someone, on a personal level, that you don't personally know is...a little weird. And that's me being nice.

Great points.

They equate undying devotion to Axl the person as a measurement of being a fan or not. To them, if you criticize something Axl does - then you are a cupcake hater who has no life. Even though you might actually be a bigger fan then they are. It is crazy.

I'm not a fan of Axl the person. He has had two different gfs file assault charges against him. Hitting a woman is disgusting in my book. Look at his history. The guy even admits that nobody is a bigger asshole than he is. But the worshippers don't care about any of that stuff.

As for Axl's art? I'm as die-hard of a fan as anybody here. I've been listening to the band non stop since 1988. I listen to GnR more than I listen to all other bands combined.

But to some I'm a hater cupcake. Because I don't worship a 50 year old rock singer. My idols are firemen, teachers, doctors, police men. Scientists trying to develop a cure for cancer. People that donate bone marrow or kidneys so others can live. Some people prefer to worship celebrities. I guess that is why Kim kardashian and Paris Hilton and rock singers are so popular. Just not my cup of tea.

Though I must admit that when I was 13 I did worship singer Samantha Fox. But most people grow out of celebrity worship as they become adults.

As for the topic.

Performances usually sound better when you are there live. YouTube videos usually sound worse than what actually happened.

Axl still sounds great most of the time. And the touring band does a great job almost every show.

Haha! Once again more imagined complaints. Who here has said that you must have "undying devotion" to Axl? Nobody. You're lying again.

Who cares about your implicit claim that you're a bigger fan than others? Your religious crisis is nobody's concern- keep your issues of "worship" to yourself.

The funny thing is your claim that you only care about art while others who appreciate Axl do it only because of the cult of celebrity. Nobody died and made "art" your personal property. Everybody here has their own appreciation of art, GN'R's and other artists'.

Its just that for you, "art" must fall within boundaries that YOU want. You've continuously attacked Axl for not performing at the RRHOF saying that its an insult to the fans, yet GN'R keep playing great shows but those fans that are being entertained by the shows apparently don't count because hey, "art" only matters when it happens in the place and time of your choosing.

Its just that for you, "art" must fall within boundaries that YOU want. You've continuously attacked Axl for not performing at the RRHOF saying that its an insult to the fans, yet GN'R keep playing great shows but those fans that are being entertained by the shows apparently don't count because hey, "art" only matters when it happens in the place and time of your choosing.

This.

It IS just a band lol.

Great points.

As for the topic.

Agree with you on your last points.

But to me personally, Guns means more than music. And so does Axl. But not in a 'I want to have him' way or something, it's hard for me to explain. Without them, there'd be no more me.

I don't think you're a hater or cupcake when you criticize, but it's just getting annoying to see people complain and most of them didn't even attend a show. And then I say, Axl is just a human being like us, not in topform everyday, so why give a s***? He's not God (well, in Monchengladbach he made it rain during NR so who knows.... JK ) But just enjoy the fact that they're doing something, the bands spirit has never been so fantastic before! Axl is smiling all the time onstage, and also offstage. Isn't that important, that they have fun at doing what they're doing? Seems not, according to some people here. Do they prefer years of silence above this or what? Or what if Axl pulls the plug out of Guns?

Instead of enjoying some people keep making a fool of him, by comparing every single word. He's the dog they all try to beat.

They put down fantastic shows, Axl sounds great, they're having fun... Enough reasons to stop complaining!