Personally, I'm satisfied

JAxlMorrison

Several points.

1. I am glad they are out on the road, and have been as much as possible since late 2009. They are bringing a unique and captivating show to people who a. are true fans or b. just wanna rock the fuck out. it doesn't matter if there is "rasp" or if there is "mickey." Stop judging the man's every breath and note. He's having fun, the band is having fun, and the crowds are having fun.

2. If another album never ever arrived under the GNR banner, I WOULDN'T CARE. Oh man...am i gonna get slaughtered for that or what? I'm satisfied with what the old band produced (with very few exceptions) and I absolutely love Chinese Democracy, track for track. I am glad they are bringing portions of it to the world, live, as it surely didn't get enough exposure upon release, and I still find something new about it to enjoy everytime I listen to it while driving, etc.

3. I hate to quote Axl, but life doesn't owe you your own personal happy ending, especially at the expense of others. Is that how it went? Why should your very minute complaints about "new music" get in the way of the members of the band making a living on the road, and the enjoyment of the ticket buying public? Have you ever thought about that? Or will alot of you spout some nonsense about how "YOU deserve it" and "YOU've invested so much time." Guess what? I, and any other reasonable person on this board, knows that there will 95% NOT be a new album this year. Maybe next year. Maybe not at all. But if all you can do is bitch about that on a daily basis, I implore you to move on, for your own benefit, and for the benefit of this board, which only exists under a depressing black cloud lately.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you love Chinese Democracy, how can you not care about more material released in the future?

I'm not saying that, I'm saying it's not the end all be all of my life if they do or if they don't.

And this means what exactly? That you're on a pedestal because you don't care either way?

If you love Chinese Democracy, how can you not care about more material released in the future?

I'm not saying that, I'm saying it's not the end all be all of my life if they do or if they don't.

And this means what exactly? That you're on a pedestal because you don't care either way?

I do like the sound of that. Yes, it makes me superior in fact.

Nah, I just don't understand the negativity, really. Doesn't anyone remember the terrible years between 2003-2006?! Now THAT was something to be negative about. Not an active touring band who is dominating live.

I wouldn't say I am one hundred percent satisfied as I feel there are some things that they could have done or even could do now that would be really cool, but I am definitely happy that the band is gelling and is a tight unit live.

Do you also believe that life is like a box of chocolate?

i believe that today I felt like giving the users who live and die by this band's every move a little bit of perspective. Well, attempting to do so anyways. It's kinda like trying to seperate gnat shit from pepper.

Im satisfied that we still have Axl alive and touring. VS dead or holed up for years doing whatever. I'm unsatisfied that he still tries to be "Guns n Roses". That band died in 1993. Just be Axl Rose and tour/make music and play old GnR. He'd be in a much better place.

Edited by Snowmass

It seems a nerve was touched. :laugh:

Ali

It seems a nerve was touched. :laugh:

Ali

Nah. Just curiosity.

Im satisfied that we still have Axl alive and touring. VS dead or holed up for years doing whatever. I'm unsatisfied that he still tries to be "Guns n Roses". That band died in 1993. Just be Axl Rose and tour/make music and play old GnR. He'd be in a much better place.

A much "better" place, or a place you would prefer? The two are not one and the same.

Ali

Several points.

1. I am glad they are out on the road, and have been as much as possible since late 2009. They are bringing a unique and captivating show to people who a. are true fans or b. just wanna rock the fuck out. it doesn't matter if there is "rasp" or if there is "mickey." Stop judging the man's every breath and note. He's having fun, the band is having fun, and the crowds are having fun.

2. If another album never ever arrived under the GNR banner, I WOULDN'T CARE. Oh man...am i gonna get slaughtered for that or what? I'm satisfied with what the old band produced (with very few exceptions) and I absolutely love Chinese Democracy, track for track. I am glad they are bringing portions of it to the world, live, as it surely didn't get enough exposure upon release, and I still find something new about it to enjoy everytime I listen to it while driving, etc.

3. I hate to quote Axl, but life doesn't owe you your own personal happy ending, especially at the expense of others. Is that how it went? Why should your very minute complaints about "new music" get in the way of the members of the band making a living on the road, and the enjoyment of the ticket buying public? Have you ever thought about that? Or will alot of you spout some nonsense about how "YOU deserve it" and "YOU've invested so much time." Guess what? I, and any other reasonable person on this board, knows that there will 95% NOT be a new album this year. Maybe next year. Maybe not at all. But if all you can do is bitch about that on a daily basis, I implore you to move on, for your own benefit, and for the benefit of this board, which only exists under a depressing black cloud lately.

Yay. Good for you. Stop touring. Get in the studio. Put an album out. BBF said they could have had an album out already.

Several points.

I agree with you 100%..It's amazing to see people get so worked up over a band..Especially one who's "glory days" were 20 years ago..But hey..that's the power Axl's music has over people I guess..which says a lot about his place in history..

Now scoot over and make some room on that pedestal ;)

Several points.

Yay. Good for you. Stop touring. Get in the studio. Put an album out. BBF said they could have had an album out already.

Somebody....needs a hug.

I agree. I really don't see why the hatred towards axl. I mean i could understand the need during the quiet years up to 2006, but, he's out on the road, playing 3 hours + concerts, even meets fans after the shows. Plays with old band members, pleasing all those reunion bitches to a certain extent. Then people moan about wanting civil war and estranged, so he gives them it. So, Axl is listening.

If I was Axl I wouldn't have even bothered coming to this forum 4 years ago to try and talk to so called 'fans'.

Everyone has different opinions, but i don't see why anyone would waste there time on a band they have so many negative opinions on. I seriously think a lot of people on this forum have personality issues, and Axl once made them feel happy about them self, and now that Axl isn't playing to there rules, they just moan all the time. There's a lot of people on this forum with low self esteem and confidence issues. End of the day, half of the people who get into arguments wouldn't do it in real life. It's like people use this forum to act out thoughts in there head and it doesn't exist outside of there own head........When in reality it does. If we all met up at a GNR concert I honestly don't think people will get to a stage where they are nearly fighting because of a set list or something, yet, they act like that on here. Why?

Gnr Forum.......the only band's forum where you get labeled a hater and cupcake if you desire music from your favorite singer. Label me all you want. I'm simply a fan of Axl Rose, and wish that he was one of those singer/musicians who enjoyed putting out music for his fans.

It is his career and he can do whatever he wants. I'm not a hater or a cupcake because I wish he'd put out more than one album during the 15 years that he wanted to keep the GnR name alive.

He is my favorite singer. Sorry if it offends some of you that I wish he'd put out more music.