Personally, I'm satisfied

JAxlMorrison

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't consider people who don't want new music or a reunion to be real fans.

:rofl-lol:

He makes a good point. While some may enjoy flicking the bean to pictures, more tend to lean towards music of the band.shrugs.gif

While some may enjoy complain about a certain band on a certain forum every fucking day, more tend to have a real good time in concerts/spending time with the band. Strange, I know. B)

I don't consider people who don't want new music or a reunion to be real fans.

:rofl-lol:

He makes a good point. While some may enjoy flicking the bean to pictures, more tend to lean towards music of the band.shrugs.gif

more tend to have a real good time in concerts/spending time with the band. Strange, I know. B)

That's all good but the shows aren't selling like they once did for some reason. It isn't the lack of intrigue with Axl, that's for sure. Either it's the music or the supporting cast. GNR still has the potential to be a huge band and what you see as complaining is more of a disdain for the wasted opportunity. Everyone was teased with this "new direction" for over a decade and now everyone is supposed to just stop the fascination and be thrilled with 20+ year old songs?

It's foreplay with no climax. Fun for the masochist, I guess.

Several points.

1. I am glad they are out on the road, and have been as much as possible since late 2009. They are bringing a unique and captivating show to people who a. are true fans or b. just wanna rock the fuck out. it doesn't matter if there is "rasp" or if there is "mickey." Stop judging the man's every breath and note. He's having fun, the band is having fun, and the crowds are having fun.

2. If another album never ever arrived under the GNR banner, I WOULDN'T CARE. Oh man...am i gonna get slaughtered for that or what? I'm satisfied with what the old band produced (with very few exceptions) and I absolutely love Chinese Democracy, track for track. I am glad they are bringing portions of it to the world, live, as it surely didn't get enough exposure upon release, and I still find something new about it to enjoy everytime I listen to it while driving, etc.

3. I hate to quote Axl, but life doesn't owe you your own personal happy ending, especially at the expense of others. Is that how it went? Why should your very minute complaints about "new music" get in the way of the members of the band making a living on the road, and the enjoyment of the ticket buying public? Have you ever thought about that? Or will alot of you spout some nonsense about how "YOU deserve it" and "YOU've invested so much time." Guess what? I, and any other reasonable person on this board, knows that there will 95% NOT be a new album this year. Maybe next year. Maybe not at all. But if all you can do is bitch about that on a daily basis, I implore you to move on, for your own benefit, and for the benefit of this board, which only exists under a depressing black cloud lately.

Couldn't agree with your more but everyyyyyone is a critic. Some people will never be happy. I think they are just gaining momentum and stability. GnR in the press more (for better or for worse ... it's still good), touring consistently, AMAZING performances, a tight band and a great website with continuous updates. I think it's only a matter of time for new music and if not, oh well. Still enjoying my time seeing them any time they pass on through. So many people on here think they know what is best and what Axl is doing wrong. Just shut the eff up already! :violin:

Oh and another thing. I'm so sick of people complaining about their start times. It's common knowledge for what? the last 20 years at least?!? if you don't like it or if you're going to be too tired in work or if you can't get a babysitter for your kids THEN DON'T GO! It's a freakin' rock band. I went to all 3 shows in NYC in Feb AND went to work the next day on 2 hours of sleep. SO worth it and i set my expectations going into the show that they would be on late. And guess what??? I caught up on sleep and now have amazing memories of 3 terrific shows! Worth it to me. :rofl-lol:

I can't see how anyone that actually likes this band could be satisfied with them being used as a touring act only. They could do so much more. :shrugs:

Would I rather they be a defunct band? Hell no - they could do so much more, but I must admit I'm satisfied to see such a great band play each time they tour.

Oh and another thing. I'm so sick of people complaining about their start times. It's common knowledge for what? the last 20 years at least?!? if you don't like it or if you're going to be too tired in work or if you can't get a babysitter for your kids THEN DON'T GO! It's a freakin' rock band. I went to all 3 shows in NYC in Feb AND went to work the next day on 2 hours of sleep. SO worth it and i set my expectations going into the show that they would be on late. And guess what??? I caught up on sleep and now have amazing memories of 3 terrific shows! Worth it to me.

I see your point and when i go to a GNR show, i usually "prepare" myself for waiting, but late starts aren't rock n' roll anymore like in the old days...

THEN DON'T GO!

Yeah, and wait for another months, years?

This isn't rock n' roll anymore, taht's all.

Several points.

1. I am glad they are out on the road, and have been as much as possible since late 2009. They are bringing a unique and captivating show to people who a. are true fans or b. just wanna rock the fuck out. it doesn't matter if there is "rasp" or if there is "mickey." Stop judging the man's every breath and note. He's having fun, the band is having fun, and the crowds are having fun.

2. If another album never ever arrived under the GNR banner, I WOULDN'T CARE. Oh man...am i gonna get slaughtered for that or what? I'm satisfied with what the old band produced (with very few exceptions) and I absolutely love Chinese Democracy, track for track. I am glad they are bringing portions of it to the world, live, as it surely didn't get enough exposure upon release, and I still find something new about it to enjoy everytime I listen to it while driving, etc.

3. I hate to quote Axl, but life doesn't owe you your own personal happy ending, especially at the expense of others. Is that how it went? Why should your very minute complaints about "new music" get in the way of the members of the band making a living on the road, and the enjoyment of the ticket buying public? Have you ever thought about that? Or will alot of you spout some nonsense about how "YOU deserve it" and "YOU've invested so much time." Guess what? I, and any other reasonable person on this board, knows that there will 95% NOT be a new album this year. Maybe next year. Maybe not at all. But if all you can do is bitch about that on a daily basis, I implore you to move on, for your own benefit, and for the benefit of this board, which only exists under a depressing black cloud lately.

I'm in completely agree with all of this - 100%.

I honestly don't see how anyone couldn't be happy that these guys have been road warriors for the better part of 3 years.

Would they really prefer the silent years of '03 - '05 again?

That was the worst time ever IMO. No news of any kind, except whispers that went nowhere. No earthly idea if we'd ever see or hear from Axl ever again. This is paradise compared to that.

I honestly don't see how anyone couldn't be happy that these guys have been road warriors for the better part of 3 years.

Would they really prefer the silent years of '03 - '05 again?

Not only that, but there are more than 40 mygnrforum members who say they couldn't be less satisfied about the situation than what they are today (!). Mind-boggling.

And those 40 members won the poll. That happened for a reason, you're just refusing to accept it :shrugs:

Was it a competition?

My brain is struggling to accept that there can be so many...people being ignorant about the history of GN'R and without the smallest ability to objectively compare previous years to 2012, on this forum. I should be a diplomat.

It wasn't a competition. It was a poll, and the poll showed that the majority of the people that voted in that poll couldn't be less satisfied with Axl and co currently if they tried. There's a reason for that, you just choose to not accept it. :shrugs:

It "showed" that there's 40 people on here that need to find a new band's forum to post on, or have their posting privileges relegated to the pre-1994 GNR section only.

Seriously, if you're THAT disenchanted with this band, why waste the energy bitching about it? What is that going to accomplish? Go find a band that fulfills your need.

Yeah, that's a major part of my points. If you hate it so much, go get, um, a life of some kind? Beat it.

Do you also believe that life is like a box of chocolate?

i believe that today I felt like giving the users who live and die by this band's every move a little bit of perspective. Well, attempting to do so anyways. It's kinda like trying to seperate gnat shit from pepper.

The perspective you provide is very logical. I really appreciate your posts. Nobody has to make excuses for being happy as if being morose was the only legitimate response to the present GN'R condition.

If your personal happiness is dependent on X set of conditions being met by a band and the delay/refusal by the band to meet those conditions feels like a "slap in the face" or leads to personal bitterness, then you only have yourself to blame. Being a fan is a great thing but it doesn't make you a martyr or a battered spouse if you don't get a new album when you want it.

Great stuff. I'm so glad to see some maturity and intelligence around here again.

I can't see how anyone that actually likes this band could be satisfied with them being used as a touring act only. They could do so much more. :shrugs:

Would I rather they be a defunct band? Hell no - they could do so much more, but I must admit I'm satisfied to see such a great band play each time they tour.

They're amazing live but they deserve to have a shot at songwriting. Can't put this chemistry to waste.

They're amazing live but they deserve to have a shot at songwriting. Can't put this chemistry to waste.

I'd really hope not - but is this better than nothing? Hell yes. Think of the dark years. ANYTHING is better than that.

Edited by The Sandman

I'd really hope not - but is this better than nothing? Hell yes. Think of the dark years. ANYTHING is better than that.

True. But it's 'cause it's better than nothing that people should be satisfied, that's kinda mediocrity, IMO.