What's the truly biggest obstacle to a reunion?

Madridista

The biggest obstacle is that Axl is not desperate. He is doing fine doing things his own way and has moved on with his life. If he was bankrupt, maybe he'd cave. Usually reunions happen when the people aren't pleased with how their career is going (or haven't managed to carve out a career without their former bandmates). Whether you like the current version of GNR or not, it's doing fine and I'm sure Axl is much more interested in releasing another album from the material he has saved than he is in ditching everything to go do a reunion.

The time people should ask about a reunion is when Axl starts talking about retiring, or band members start leaving. This hasn't run its course yet, he has 2 or 3 albums' worth of music that could def. take GNR through the rest of the decade, before cracking open the vaults and reissuing stuff. When GNR get the master tapes, that's the time to do the reissue, and by then Axl might make that more of a priority if his voice is starting to go. Neil Young didn't put his box set out until a couple of years ago and he's nearing 70.

The biggest obstacle is that Axl is not desperate. He is doing fine doing things his own way and has moved on with his life. If he was bankrupt, maybe he'd cave. Usually reunions happen when the people aren't pleased with how their career is going (or haven't managed to carve out a career without their former bandmates). Whether you like the current version of GNR or not, it's doing fine and I'm sure Axl is much more interested in releasing another album from the material he has saved than he is in ditching everything to go do a reunion.

This and the fact its been over 16 years since they've spoken/seen each other. At this point, they're just past aquaintances with no real desire to see each other again. Like old high school buddies. Its just been way too long.

Axl and Slash are the biggest obstacles. They need each other.

The fans are the problem too. They piss off both Slash and Axl. Always asking about the other, when there will be a reunion when they would rather be talking about their upcoming tours or album. Slash handles it better than Axl but still, they don't like being pressured into doing something they don't want to do even if it would put them in the spotlight one last time.

Axl and Slash are the biggest obstacles. They need each other.

The fans are the problem too. They piss off both Slash and Axl. Always asking about the other, when there will be a reunion when they would rather be talking about their upcoming tours or album. Slash handles it better than Axl but still, they don't like being pressured into doing something they don't want to do even if it would put them in the spotlight one last time.

I think you're getting the fans confused with the media.

We don't know how Axl handles it when someone brings it up. I think most people just don't.

To be honest, i think the band members have moved on and simply are not interested in a reunion. I don't think any of them really want to go through working with Axl again. Having said that, I think all of them, at some point were more than happy to perform a couple of shows. Writing new music seems out of the question.

Lol, they'd work with him in a second. You give them too much credit.

Adler might, Doubt Slash, or Izzy would. Duff would if the others did, maybe. I think Slash has burnt his bridges with Axl, and really has lost interest in all that Axl represents.

If there's one thing I have learned from being in certain relationships is that sometimes it's in your own best interests to apologise and move on from something even if you THINK or KNOW you were right. Shit happens and sometimes things get out of control and no-one can go back in time, but none of it is worth it if it's at the expense of something bigger and better. Stubbornness can be so destructive and both Axl and Slash are guilty.