Song you'd like Slash, Myles & The Conspirators play live

Original GNR

What songs from Slash's back catalogue (GnR, Snakepit, VR, first solo record etc) would you like him and the guys to play which they haven't done live yet?

Top of my list is Don't Cry. I think it's exactly the type of Axl vocal that Myles could pull off.

Other songs:

You Could Be Mine

Yesterdays

Knockin' On Heaven's Door

Big Machine (don't think they've played this)

Headspace

Shine

Neither Can I

I've picked the songs that I think Myles can pull off.

Don't Cry and You Could Be Mine in terms of Guns songs. I think Myles could rock those ones.

Serial Killer, Neither Can I, Back To The Moment and Back And Forth Again for Snakepit songs.

Big Machine, Gravedancer, Illegal I Song, Headspace for VR songs, and they should bring back Do It For The Kids.

Slash doesn't seem to like playing anything from the illusion records, probably down to the fact he thought they were a joke and nothing like a guns record, whereas he loves afd.

I too would like to see them do some illusion tracks but its not very likely at all

Slash doesn't seem to like playing anything from the illusion records, probably down to the fact he thought they were a joke and nothing like a guns record, whereas he loves afd.

I too would like to see them do some illusion tracks but its not very likely at all

They do Civil War quite often.

i believe that maybe there are some issues due to the rights of the illusions songs. axl bought the name guns n roses, when the illusions were to be released, i believe he said that if it wasn´t that way, the albums wouldn´t come out. so i believe that due to that reason, slash doesn´t play them. civil war is an excepyion, because it was released before that. of course he could play the covers kohd or lald, but i guess is a mix of both, the rights of the songs, and the reasons you mentioned.

i believe that maybe there are some issues due to the rights of the illusions songs. axl bought the name guns n roses, when the illusions were to be released, i believe he said that if it wasn´t that way, the albums wouldn´t come out. so i believe that due to that reason, slash doesn´t play them. civil war is an excepyion, because it was released before that. of course he could play the covers kohd or lald, but i guess is a mix of both, the rights of the songs, and the reasons you mentioned.

hmm, not sure that's true. Axl owns the rights to the name but I'm quite sure the right to the songs are shared by all of the original members.

Something obscure from the Illusions - like Right Next Door to Hell or Perfect Crime.

Serial Killer would also be cool

Ive always wanted to hear Slash do an extended Double Talkin Jive again, but I guess Anastasia now touches that base.

LA

Edited by LA_0013

I think they have dropped it out for Apocalyptic love songs. They need to get rid of songs like Communication Breakdown, what a nothing song.

I want to hear Shots Fired and welcome to the jungle.

They need to get rid of songs like Communication Breakdown, what a nothing song.

NOT until I get to hear them do it. They left it out last time they came here, and they do it really well. Besides, can't go wrong with Zeppelin, I take that over any GNR.

They need to get rid of songs like Communication Breakdown, what a nothing song.

I would love to see them play Communication Breakdown..

Think About You

Knockin On Heavens Door

"Slow Tempo" You're Crazy

Neither Can I

No More heroes

I dunno, I think he is doing a pretty good job at mixing it up.

If they are going to drop anything it should be "Watch This".. It is ok but kind of boring after awhile...

Edited by HowlinWolf

I've been a fan of Myles since I saw The Mayfield Four open for Big Wreck in like 1998. This tune kicks ass and would fit in great with the set:

Mayfield Four-Always

Are you growing weary

As you dance all alone

In a room that's resonating

With an old familiar song?

Making you want the other

For awhile there wasn't friction

And alone you were at ease

But now and then there's something

That makes you want to be

Back in the arms but you can't take it

Always, always, seems to find you

What you want you don't need

Cause she locks you down

So are you better off as one?

This prince with little purpose

Thinks he'll find it in the wings

Of an angel or a princess

But surely not a queen

Cause that's about the only thing

That he knows for sure

Yeah, he's the king of contradictions

Who changes everyday

One minute he finds peace and love

The next he finds disdain

And it's way too complicated

Things will never change

Always, always seems to find you

Cause she locks you down

So are you better off as one?

Always, always seems to find you

'Cause she locks you down

So are you better off?

Always, seems like you always

Seems like you claim to have so much control

But you're such a mess when you're all alone

Do you really wanna do it?

Have you washed out all the stains?

You seem crazy with temptation

And very, very dazed and confused

Who's buying your throne?

The stone inside you call a heart thaws

Just enough to beat

And familiar feelings came

And you surrendered to the needs

Of another, not another

Always, always, seems to find you

Cause she locks you down

So are you better off?

Why do you claim to have so much control

As you're such a mess when you're all alone?

Seems like you look for any kind of reason

To justify a means to jump back in

In, in, in, in, in, in

Well, if it's from UYI it'd prob only be something where Slash is listed as a main songwriter so I doubt Don't Cry would ever be played - that's as Axl & Izzy as it gets.. I would exclude YCBM and Yesterdays from that list too. I also think some Slash written songs would be left off because they are just TOO Axl-ish when it comes to the lyrics: Coma, Perfect Crime and Get In The Ring.

I would think the possibilities, apart from what they've already played, are: Locomotive, Garden of Eden, Dust N Bones, Pretty Tied Up, DTJ and Bad Apples.

I think all of Appetite (except for Anything Goes) is fair game.

The only wrinkle in this theory is that they've played Patience, but that's always been considered more of an Izzy song than anything.

Civil war and you could be mine were meant for afd but got pushed back by axl

I'm sure I read an interview with Slash somewhere where he said they could play anything from any of the guns albums prior to CD, live, no problem. But he'd have a problem putting it on an album and releasing it again.