What if Tracii Guns had stayed in GN'R

RichardNixon

Well...If Tracii had stayed, I suppose GnR would have sold about 99 million albums less.

You don't know that unless you have an alternate reality machine :rolleyes:

Tracii guns is great I don't see why not ...

+1

Based on the music Tracii has produced to date I think glow's opinion is very likely

Tracii has been playing with hacks pretty much his whole career....he's a great guitar player and surrounded by guys like Axl, Izzy and Duff he would have been much more successful.

Listen to his work on Gilby's album Sawg especially the song Alien.

Never said Tracii was a bad guitar player but I find his music very generic so don't see him providing the riffs Slash did...AFD ERA Guns was successful due to their chemistry and each member was important to that chemistry even Steven..........we will never know of course..........

2 things, Duff was about to quit the band but Slash and Steven joining the band changed that. Also there would be no WTTG, SCOM, Rocket Queen, or Paradise City and because Duff would have quit there would also be no It's So Easy

:thumbsup:

I have heard tons of stuff that Tracii has played on, none of them makes me think he would have been a good fit in GNR, I find nothing special about him. Good thing Slash and Steven joined back then!

2 things, Duff was about to quit the band but Slash and Steven joining the band changed that. Also there would be no WTTG, SCOM, Rocket Queen, or Paradise City and because Duff would have quit there would also be no It's So Easy

+1 :thumbsup:

_

I would like to see the idiots trying to spin what Marc said or telling him that he's wrong. :)

+1 :thumbsup:

_

I would like to see the idiots trying to spin what Marc said or telling him that he's wrong. :)

Marc is not wrong. But how do you know that better songs may have been written with Tracii? Nobody will ever know.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

NuGNR would have never existed, because old GNR wouldn't have been heard by more than a couple of thousands and Axl wouldn't have had the chance to do what he has done.

I can picture Axl singing a lot of L.A. Guns songs. It would have been different, sure, and most likely not as memorable, but I think an Axl-led L.A. Guns or a GN'R with Tracii would have had some success; probably more than what success L.A. Guns wound up having, but less than what GN'R w/ Slash had.

The first two L.A. Guns albums are pretty solid. If you are a fan of Motley Crue/Skid Row, etc. check them out.

Edited by RichardNixon

Well...If Tracii had stayed, I suppose GnR would have sold about 99 million albums less.

+1

Derp tracii is an old member so this is the wrong section! derptidurp! :monkey:

+1

LOL nice

+1

LOL nice

PS - Shouldn't Tracii too be in the Old Gunners sectiontongue2.gif

Yes actually :thumbsup:

cupcakes

The Tracii-led version has yet to release a new album though, and while the Lewis one just put one out.

Tracii is a talented guitarist who just has made some bad career choices. I just saw him on the 25th of May and got to hang out with him ( a friend of mine is in a band that opened for him), he's a really cool guy to hang out with. He isn't touring as L.A.Guns any more. His band is now called Tracii Guns' League Of Gentlemen, and he said they should have an album out in the fall. They played some of the new stuff and it sounded nothing like L.A.Guns. It was darker, slower, & bluesier.

Simple enough question.

Hypothetically speaking, what if Tracii Guns had stayed with GN'R? Would they have been as popular? What direction would they have gone in, etc...

Would they have been as popular?

nope

What direction would they have gone in

stayed in the glam/hair metal mediocrism

Btw probably they disbanded after 4 years or something and nowadays Axl live under some LA stairs or something.

Edited by Crash Diet

+1

Wow. You need a fucking grip of reality, old man.

No one even knows who Tracii Guns is..

+1

pretty sure tracii guns was the guitarist in the ORIGINAL GNR lineup. but i mean, nobody knows that.

+1

pretty sure tracii guns was the guitarist in the ORIGINAL GNR lineup. but i mean, nobody knows that.

Funny so few know the origins of the name of the band they claim to love...