When you think of New GNR, whose name do you think of after Axl?

Randy Lahey

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one in particular.... I guess Buckethead firstly, then Finck and for some reason it's always the 2006 version of Finck. You can tell he came back ready to take the spotlight since Bucket was gone. He had this modern GNR look to him that matched Axl's 2006 look. He was ready for CD to drop. Then, it got delayed AGAIN so he peaced.

Fuck that sucks. My worst nu guns memory is Finck leaving. That was the end of the road for the new band as far as I was concerned.

• 1 year later...

1999 line up: Finck

2001/2002 line up: Bucket

2006 line up: Finck

Current line up: Bumblefoot.

Tommy is close behind in all of them, since he more or less has been here the longest. Dizzy and Chris are kind of forgotten, Fortus is also kind of forgotten despite probably being the best guitarist in the band.

To the general public, if this line up ever gets famous it's probably going to be Axl and Dj, the only reason I say bumble is because he's my favorite member in the band besides axl.

Slash.

Lol.

I think it depends on the song. Its Bucket on ITW and Sorry and TWAT. Ron on Shacklers. Robin on TIL. I think of Dj on Chi dem cos he does it live. Robin on Better. IRS I think of Tobias. On SOD, Madadgascar, Catcher I dont think of anyone. Riad Ron and Bucket do that crazy solo. Prostitute I think of Brain and Axl in the studio. Scraped I think Bucket on the solo.

It's Bumblefoot for me. I liked Buckets contribution but he was a bit too off the wall to stay in the band... I mean the techno influenced knunchuck solo at RIO was a little too far, I think his continued presence in the band would further peoples notion that Guns is just a circus act and not a serious band (aware that serious bands continually release new music... you get what I mean).

1. Axl

2. DJ and how much of a douchebag he is

3. Buckethead / Finck (and how they're gone)

That in itself makes me sad. I suppose after that it'd be Tommy. Honestly, despite liking them, BBF and Richard barely make the list because they haven't been able to really put their stamp on GnR (since there is no new album or real publicity). Which is still a lot better than putting your #AshbaSwag stamp on it though.