Quick Advice Non GNR

mcalldp

I am sure this is the wrong place but this is where my shortcut takes me and I've been here for years reading this place like it's a second family... so, I just wanted to post a quick thing asking for advice and then I'll delete ASAP (gotta turn to my gunners). I want to make sure I didn't act in anger.

I went to see Roger Waters do The Wall in Orlando Saturday, LAST MINUTE, guy gets called to work and have an open ticket (Me, wife, mother, sister, two friends, bass player are all going) So, I post on my FaceBook site that one's available then I send a personal message to, well, a LOT of people, says same thing- "Interested in Roger Waters Ticket for show tonight?"

Out of, the probably hundred people, one guy repliead with a threat because the message went to his wife (who must have been on my friend list. Most of FB contacts I don't know, just use it for band stuff) Anyway, the threat goes like this:

"I'm *******'s husband, and I'm only going to say this one time. If you ever fu**ing message my wife for anything again, you're in for it. Im telling you one time. Find someone else to harass. If you do it again, I'll hunt your a** down, and make you wish you'd have pick a different route. Forget whatever you thought."

While I was at show another one was sent before I had seen the first:

"Just so you you know. I'm dead serious. Don't fu** with me motherfu**er."

Now, I blocked these people and reported them to FB but I have two questions. First, FB suggests making a police report because the 'hunt you down' is a threat etc....ummmm...I really hate to escalate things into that and think FB just has to say that to cover the legal aspect... so would you bother with that?

Second, I left the following msg on my FB account, these people can not see this as they have been blocked but do you think it's appropriate to share this info?:

"How low-brow people can be...

I sent out a mass message (last minute) to give a free ticket away, as everyone saw posted on my site ($150 ticket at that). My wife and I, and another couple of friends, enjoyed a GREAT show- some other cave-man replied with a death-threat msg. for contacting his wife offering a free ticket. Being nice, wow- sometimes it's just not worth it. MSG: "want ticket to Roger Waters Show Tonight?" - *Send to 100 people on FB list*...replies, No, I would rather kill you for such a nice gesture. To those low-brow people that are the reason for borders and bombs, I salute you. I hope you find both- and enjoy it. Thank God for the big ignore button on FB."

Having said all that, this is the same venue I saw GNR. When I saw them I had club level seats, which means no bathroom or drink lines and the look and feel of a posh hotel. The seats were on the side but sound was great. This show I had center seats second row, sound was also great, I think this is just a good concert venue (Orlando) but while the view was better (center) the level had pretty long waits for bathroom and drinks, actually missed half a song coming back from intermission while hitting restroom. Overall, Amway center is a great venue and GNR was great there.

Sorry for rant but what GNR fan doesn't have a little anger to spill? Needed some 'family' advice. will delete this soon - Thanks for any feedback.

Edited by mcalldp

the only reason me and my girlfriend have fought in 1 year and a half of relationship was because of facebook, i hate it.

I can see that now myself and agree. Guy contacted a 'mutual friend' only reason I can think of is for info on where I am. This person told me this. Mut have done it from my friend list before I blocked. Still....let it go? Legally report it? Comment about it in general in my FB post? Actually, I was surprised, the whole crowed was a bit more....out there this time then at GNR show. Probably drug related (guy barking at people) This mob would never have been as polite in waiting for a second act.

Dude prolly is insecure and checking his wifes FB. By blocking him on FB he prolly thinks you were up to no good. You prolly should have told him what actually happened so he could calm down. Anyhow, I wouldn't expect the police to do anything about it if you did report him. Remember no good deed goes unpunished ( is that the saying?).

Dude prolly is insecure and checking his wifes FB. By blocking him on FB he prolly thinks you were up to no good. You prolly should have told him what actually happened so he could calm down. Anyhow, I wouldn't expect the police to do anything about it if you did report him. Remember no good deed goes unpunished ( is that the saying?).

Oh, sorry, left that out sent mesg following FB advice told him I was in no way harassing yadda yadda, that violent threats would be forwarded to authorities and tht I was blocking him. I pretty much followed the FB advice right down the line. But the guy contacts someone I know even after that? The police thing, as FB sees it, is not to have the police do anything but to have a complaint on file if the person does anything else. Sounds like a hassle to me but then... smarter people than me thought up the advice replies I am sure. Oh and the most horrible part, $150 concert ticket went unused. Wasn't there in time to scalp it, was rushing for the door to make it coming from out of town.

Oh, and between 2011 and 2012, so far, GNR and Roger Waters are the best two shows I've seen by far. both in the same venue...though I didn't dig Buck Cherry as opening.

Edited by mcalldp

I agree with Pitboss, probably an insecure dude reading his wife's messages. I think he was just trying to scare you, but if he was serious it means he's a violent dude with mental issues and reporting him to the cops would only make things worse.

People are crazy, sometimes it's better to just forget about them and keep walking. There are more important things that worth a fight than an insecure asshole threatening people in the internet.

Edit: Which reminds me of a woman I know, who hacks her boyfriend's FaceBook and blocks all the girls as if that would make the guy stop fancying someone else.

Facebook is not the problem, stupid people are

Edited by PirateChick