Where do you see yourself in ten years?

arnold layne

Hopefully with a PhD, and a happy, healthy family!

PhD, not bad Sandy not bad at all.

As for myself hoping to have a stable income and a decent job doing something I like and hopefully a nice family.

I'm a qualified teacher, as of today, so something to aim for. First piece of research should (touchwood!) be published later this year. Certainly do-able!

I would love to do a PhD but money would certainly be a problem, I am pretty much sure I want to do a Masters but even with that I might have to take a couple of years out to earn money.

Masters next year for me. Then the year after I get my free one, huzzah!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why people worry about this stuffs, in terms of like, i'm scared or whatever. Just do your thing day to day, have a plan, y'know, other than that, fuck it man, whats the worst that could happen? What, you'll be dead or something and if that happens then you won't know any better anyway. People are too all-fire het up about like...y'know, assigning something to their life like a qualification or i haven't this or this or this that i wanted to when i was coming up and that makes me a lesser person or something, it's all fuckin bullshit, as long as i can get home at the end of a days graft, know in my heart that i ain't nobody a bad turn and come home and skin up and relax, i really don't care if i'm exactly where i am today in 10 years time. I'm comfortable, i'm living, i'm eating, my doodle works perfectly...what more could a man want?

It's that I don't really have a plan that worries me.

I don't see why people worry about this stuffs, in terms of like, i'm scared or whatever. Just do your thing day to day, have a plan, y'know, other than that, fuck it man, whats the worst that could happen? What, you'll be dead or something and if that happens then you won't know any better anyway. People are too all-fire het up about like...y'know, assigning something to their life like a qualification or i haven't this or this or this that i wanted to when i was coming up and that makes me a lesser person or something, it's all fuckin bullshit, as long as i can get home at the end of a days graft, know in my heart that i ain't nobody a bad turn and come home and skin up and relax, i really don't care if i'm exactly where i am today in 10 years time. I'm comfortable, i'm living, i'm eating, my doodle works perfectly...what more could a man want?

Why does that worry you? I don't either but I just pick manageable goals. Being unmarried with a recliner doesn't sound too difficult.

Why does that worry you? I don't either but I just pick manageable goals. Being unmarried with a recliner doesn't sound too difficult.

Because I know I wanna do something with my life, I just don't know what. I know something is missing from my life but I have no idea what it is or how to find out.

Why not?

I've just never wanted kids :shrugs: They depend on you, your entire life becomes about the kids wants and needs, all your money goes to them etc. I'm sure there are joys too (at least that's what people who have kids are always telling me) but it just doesn't sound appealing to me at all.

Fair play - maybe your view will change in time!

Why not?

I've just never wanted kids :shrugs: They depend on you, your entire life becomes about the kids wants and needs, all your money goes to them etc. I'm sure there are joys too (at least that's what people who have kids are always telling me) but it just doesn't sound appealing to me at all.

Maybe not everyone wants to raise little snobs, or help contribute to global population.

I don't understand why people think having kids is so great. I was a kid, I remember it and it wasn't great. I'm pretty sure I was a little shit to my parents anyway and I don't want to deal with that on the other side of the coin. All that money I would be saving is a good handful of Las Vegas trips if you know what I mean.

Why not?

Maybe, who knows. But I'll be 27 in a couple of months so I doubt it.

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

I want to trap ... I mean marry a rich guy and I'll quit my job and live off him. I'll raise the kids with the help of a nanny.

I hope arnold rants about this emoticon-0130-devil.gif

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

I want to trap ... I mean marry a rich guy and I'll quit my job and live off him. I'll raise the kids with the help of a nanny.

I hope arnold rants about this emoticon-0130-devil.gif

BITCH! :lol:

If I could be a house husband I would be :rofl-lol:

:lol:

You know Arnold would make a great house husband.

Why not?

Maybe, who knows. But I'll be 27 in a couple of months so I doubt it.

Not to scare you, but at the age of 27 I really didn't want to have kids. Really passionate about that also.

Than I turned 33 and it changed. Now I am a mother of 4. Things can change, but maybe not and that is fine as well.

In 10 years, I have a nice job again, my kids are teenagers and trying to make crazy. Which I probably love, knowing myself.

Edited by MBRose

Guest Broskirose

It's 3 am. In 10 years hopefully I'm on a somewhat normal sleeping schedule and I'll be asleep.

Edited by Broskirose

Guest Len B'stard

Thats nothing to worry about, alls you do then is just start trying stuff out. If you don't know what you wanna or are gonna do with your life, just start trying shit out and see which one suits you and fits your lifestyle. Instead of like, just waiting til you find the perfect thing and it all make sense and THEN setting about doing it, thats never gonna happen, you just gotta start trying stuff out, frantically, rabidly, no one that was ever looking for something ever did it from an arse on seat position (yes, security guards who man CCTV during nightshifts, point taken). And don't be afraid to go for your wilder dreams, just cuz they seem perhaps slightly unlikely, there is nothing on Gods green earth that there's some big secret to, everything is 90% in the doing and 10% talent.

You're into music, right, ever consider maybe learning an instrument and trying to get something together like that? Everybody has interests right, pick one and immerse yourself in the various possibilities like, i dunno, say you're into movies, go down to the nearest studio and get a job as a runner, printing off scripts and getting coffee for people, talk to people, get peoples numbers, engage them, make contacts, use thy wit my dear.

I suppose it's a little difficult to nail down without knowing what kinda shit you're into.

Edited by sugaraylen