Where do you see yourself in ten years?

arnold layne

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know but I can't! I'm an uptight person and ive tried to be calmer but i cant! You'd honestly laugh at the things I worry and fuss about. If I looked into the future and saw I ended up alone I would freak out. It's all I've wanted since I was a kid. The clock is ticking!!

You need to go swim with dolphins and let life take care of the rest.

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Thanks you guys. I just worry in general about everything. My mom is the same do I don't think it'll go away.

Randy I won't be swimming with dolphins :( 860euro for 2 people. I'll just buy one instead.

I'll retire now and become a cat lady. Least I can be online all day long that way!

Edited by Sleeping Like An Angel

No I'm not angry like Arnold. Im a worrier. I've always been. This will sound weird because it's hard to explain but I never feel comfortable. Ever. I can count on one hand the people I'm myself around. I always feel self conscious, uncomfortable, like everyone is watching me and thinking god she's boring or stupid because sometimes I don't know what to say and end up saying something retarded. Then other times I talk lots to avoid the dreaded akward silences and fire questions at people and move on to thr next one really quickly so they don't have a chance to ask me questions. In real life I'm really private and keep almost everything to myself.i think that's why I love the Internet so much. You can say how you feel without repercussions.

Actually I felt very comfortable at the gnr shows because I felt that was my thing. I felt at home. I can talk for hours on that subject to people with the same interests.

Jesus Christ I'm so pathetic!

Ha Thanks Jackie moon. I could train them to be egg eating hockey stars and make money from them.

Edited by Sleeping Like An Angel

No I'm not angry like Arnold. Im a worrier. I've always been. This will sound weird because it's hard to explain but I never feel comfortable. Ever. I can count on one hand the people I'm myself around. I always feel self conscious, uncomfortable, like everyone is watching me and thinking god she's boring or stupid because sometimes I don't know what to say and end up saying something retarded. Then other times I talk lots to avoid the dreaded akward silences and fire questions at people and move on to thr next one really quickly so they don't have a chance to ask me questions. In real life I'm really private and keep almost everything to myself.i think that's why I love the Internet so much. You can say how you feel without repercussions.

Actually I felt very comfortable at the gnr shows because I felt that was my thing. I felt at home. I can talk for hours on that subject to people with the same interests.

Ha Thanks Jackie moon. I could train them to be egg eating hockey stars and make money from them.

You are pathetic as fuck, not for anything other than there's absolutely nothing wrong with you. Trust me, this is coming from the most batshit asshole youll encounter ever (bar Axl).

Guest Len B'stard

You are pathetic as fuck, not for anything other than there's absolutely nothing wrong with you. Trust me, this is coming from the most batshit asshole youll encounter ever (bar Axl).

He's right though SLAA, thats just normal, absolutely everybody feels that, thats basically the feeling that prompts you to get a quick livener in before a date or interview or some such occasion, it's perfectly normal but if you focus on it and zero in on it and obssess about it you will enhance it and it will snowball into something else but JD's right, bless mentally unsound soul, there's nothing wrong with ya. Like Arthur Askey.

Nate, I don't know you personally but I've read your posts for a while and I'm a bit shocked at the similarities. I used to be you 10 years ago (sans drugs and sans booze and I got good grades). Everything about the way you behave and are ostracized in the microcosm of college was spot-on. Unlike you, I honestly did not have a family to fall back on. Fortunately for you, you have a lot of people around providing advice. All I can say as I can't imagine drifting through life the way you are doing now. I am successful today on my own but a lot of that was based on pure luck (good economy, internship, avoided lay-off). In my opinion, I barely survived. If I didn't have a lot fortuitous events fall into my lap, I honestly couldn't even fathom what I would be doing now. You seriously need to change quick and get out of your comfort zone and be on your own. If you're just an internet persona then you have me trolled. If the persona is real then I have to honestly say that the world is your oyster, and you're throwing it away. I think you need to get stop posting on the Internet and get a job, car, apartment, and pursue getting a career through college. You need to get out of your comfort zone and do what you don't want to do. This is all unwanted advice but I think you should stop listening to the other posters that enjoy you just for the entertainment. You should really make something of yourself. Otherwise, you won't have the opportunity to do what you want in life.

Nate, I don't know you personally but I've read your posts for a while and I'm a bit shocked at the similarities. I used to be you 10 years ago (sans drugs and sans booze and I got good grades). Everything about the way you behave and are ostracized in the microcosm of college was spot-on. Unlike you, I honestly did not have a family to fall back on. Fortunately for you, you have a lot of people around providing advice. All I can say as I can't imagine drifting through life the way you are doing now. I am successful today on my own but a lot of that was based on pure luck (good economy, internship, avoided lay-off). In my opinion, I barely survived. If I didn't have a lot fortuitous events fall into my lap, I honestly couldn't even fathom what I would be doing now. You seriously need to change quick and get out of your comfort zone and be on your own. If you're just an internet persona then you have me trolled. If the persona is real then I have to honestly say that the world is your oyster, and you're throwing it away. I think you need to get stop posting on the Internet and get a job, car, apartment, and pursue getting a career through college. You need to get out of your comfort zone and do what you don't want to do. This is all unwanted advice but I think you should stop listening to the other posters that enjoy you just for the entertainment. You should really make something of yourself. Otherwise, you won't have the opportunity to do what you want in life.

This. There's so many of us giving Nate advice that he needs and its like he just didn't care. We say that sort of shit because we sincerely do care about him. As far as im concerned no one should be pissing their lives away on my watch.

He's right though SLAA, thats just normal, absolutely everybody feels that, thats basically the feeling that prompts you to get a quick livener in before a date or interview or some such occasion, it's perfectly normal but if you focus on it and zero in on it and obssess about it you will enhance it and it will snowball into something else but JD's right, bless mentally unsound soul, there's nothing wrong with ya. Like Arthur Askey.

no, I dont think its necessarily normal, and whatever a "livener" is I'm sure is not normal.

but I dont think you should fret too much about it either SLAA. maybe trying a few group encounters without all the babble, sit and listen. let other people bring the conversation. Silence is ok.

It can actually be becoming of a woman.

Edited by shades

Maybe if she wasnt so damn perky all the time and just like broke something shed get it all out in.one go I reckon.

Lots of people have said something similair to me actually :lol: That I'm like uptight and need to relax but I can't! I look at people who can take everything in their stride and seem to enjoy things I freak out about. I'd love to be a laid back person. I've tried but I just don't think it's in me. People used to say i'd grow out of it. When will that happen exactly? :unsure:

no, I dont think its necessarily normal, and whatever a "livener" is I'm sure is not normal.

but I dont think you should fret too much about it either SLAA. maybe trying a few group encounters without all the babble, sit and listen. let other people bring the conversation. Silence is ok.

It can actually be becoming of a woman.

Thanks you guys!

I won't become a drinker but I appreciate it gives you some pep. Although it would solve my problems I don't want to go down that road just to feel comfortable with myself. I'm only comfortable in silences with certain people. I think that's a really good sign actually. If you can sit there in silence with someone and it doesn't feel weird.