Why does Axl usually take the stage hours after the band is scheduled to play?

Madridista

Having read most of the Why did Robin leave? thread, where it is clearly stated that Robin wasn't pleased with Axl taking the stage so late, as well as the biographies by the ex gunners, where that is a recurring theme too, I can't help but wonder why Axl does this.

He's not stupid. He must know this affects both the band and his fans from a certain point of view.

Any reasons? Has he ever talked about this?

Just wondering :shrugs:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having read most of the Why did Robin leave? thread, where it is clearly stated that Robin wasn't pleased with Axl taking the stage so late, as well as the biographies by the ex gunners, where that is a recurring theme too, I can't help but wonder why Axl does this.

He's not stupid. He must know this affects both the band and his fans from a certain point of view.

This has been discussed 500 times one here. Because he wants to.

I apologize for being new here and for not reading every single thread created here since this forum exists :rolleyes:

I apologize for being new here and for not reading every single thread created here since this forum exists :rolleyes:

Sorry- didn't mean to come across as a jerk. Peace and enjoy the forum.

I think he has major stage fright and can only get onstage when he's in the right state of mind and when he feels most comfortable

Yeah, Alan Niven said he had stage fright

Didn't Axl say to Eddie Trunk that on show days "things always happen" that are outta his control? And as a kid his school was behind his house and he couldn't make it on time often?

I think he has major stage fright and can only get onstage when he's in the right state of mind and when he feels most comfortable

Didn't Axl say to Eddie Trunk that on show days "things always happen" that are outta his control? And as a kid his school was behind his house and he couldn't make it on time often?

Yes, he said that. And that on the day of the shows everyone seemed to get hit by ADD.

Well, I saw the band in South America back in 2010 twice and Axl was late 4 hours the first time I saw them and close to 3 hours the second time. :shrugs:

Oh wow. I guess I've been lucky with the 4 shows I've been to cause they were never more than an hour late tops. The last show I saw they went on before 10 even.

Edited by RocketQueen1985

Well, I saw the band in South America back in 2010 twice and Axl was late 4 hours the first time I saw them and close to 3 hours the second time. :shrugs:

what time did GNR take the stage at each show?

Oh fuck off!

We all know Axl mostly doesn't come out until 11 AM...

He wants this, not the opening bands or promoters etc.

Oh fuck off!

11 am? That'd be a record early start time for Axl. ;)

Oh fuck off!

11 am? That'd be a record early start time for Axl. ;)

I mean PM. nevermind. in my country we doesn't count the hours like americans or brits or whatever

Yes, he said that. And that on the day of the shows everyone seemed to get hit by ADD.

Yeah and anyone actually believing that is fucking retarded considering there's hundreds of bands out there, some of them with bigger crews than GnR have that seem to be able to start on time as opposed to having a crew that gets hit by ADD. It's nonsense, it's clear by looking at Axl he's got major issues, and stage fright is one of them.

Absolute bollocks. He's just making excuses. He would never admit to being that insecure in a million years. He probably doesn't believe it himself.

Name the shows/venues, as well

No

Edited by spunko12345