Where did they (axl) fuck up with catcher in the rye?

ThomasMeadow

I always liked Bumblefoot's solo better than the Brian May one.

But really, the last two minutes or so is what makes that song - absolutely brilliant outro. Half the time, I just skip ahead to listen to that part.

Ron's solo pisses all over Brain May's solo. Fuck who Brain May is, it just didn't sound as good as Bumblefoot's solo. Catcher is an amazing song with the only problem being the overproduction.

:rofl-lol:

Problem?

Ron's solo pisses all over Brain May's solo. Fuck who Brain May is, it just didn't sound as good as Bumblefoot's solo. Catcher is an amazing song with the only problem being the overproduction.

Problem?

yes, your opinion is laughable.

Ron's solo follows the same pattern and melody as May, but with more notes thrown in.. it ruined it, but apparently you haven't noticed it.

Problem?

Ron's solo follows the same pattern and melody as May, but with more notes thrown in.. it ruined it, but apparently you haven't noticed it.

No, I just don't give a rat's ass about who's playing what, just about the end product and I genuinely prefer Ron's solo. Your incapacity of understanding other people's opinions is laughable.

Brian May was erased from the song - that's what happend. He made the song what it 'was' and good old ego maniac had his way and erased it. Probably as a punishment to Brian for speaking too much about the album/songs/Axl :D

LINK - select the first link (Brian May plays CATCHER IN THE RYE - Audio Clip)

I would have posted a direct link to YouTube, but the link don't seem to work here :shrugs:

Edited by vaida

Problem?

No, I just don't give a rat's ass about who's playing what, just about the end product and I genuinely prefer Ron's solo. Your incapacity of understanding other people's opinions is laughable.

oh i understood your opinion. still lol

Problem?

oh i understood your opinion. still lol

Okay, man. I think, in May's case, this particular recording sounded uninspired and directionless. Just my laughable opinion. :rolleyes:

Problem?

Agreed. It is strange how people can't just have a simple difference if opinion anymore. It always results in having to insult the other person.

As for this case, I love the song, respect May's career......but found his solo boring on Catcher.

The album version is far superior to the demo. Bumblefoot's guitarwork on the outro is amazing. The song is near perfect, so long as you listen to it on a high quality stereo or headphones.

I go with this.

CD is best played loud, and this requires an excellent stereo and friendly neighbours.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

A more instrumental based CD - which Fortus and Bumblefoot would nail - and less technology as well as Axl's 2010 vocals would address everybody's issues about the limited nature of potentially epic tracks on the album. Axl should have seized this opportunity after the first tour with 2009- Guns N' Roses.

Only flaw is the outro. I can barely hear Axl. :( And the solo just isn't a good enough distraction.

Edit: I do prefer the Brian May solo, but it's not enough to ruin the song. Still a great song, just with a couple of flaws.

Edited by Kill Devil Hill

Brian's solo was cut and pasted out of several takes, I'd love to hear how they sounded in their complete versions. He's a great composer.

He did express how he was not disappointed the slightest it didn't make the album though, he said something like "What you lend, you must lend with the knowledge of that you might never get it back"

Class act.