Arnold Layne's Nirvana / Kurt Cobain Thread

arnold layne

have you guys ever seen anybody that laughs more at their own jokes than dazey?

What jokes?

On topic: Axl is too old for Frances. Justin Bieber, on the other hand, would be great. :shrugs:

Axl and Justin Bieber? Now that's something I'd pay to see! :D

:confused: I meant Frances and... oh wait...I see... that's one of the jokes... well done, I guess.

But, thinking about it, Axl and Justin would make a good couple. :rolleyes:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IN BLOOM

He's the one who likes all our pretty songs

And he likes to sing along and he likes to shoot his gun

But he knows not what it means

Knows not what it means and I say

Here is a reference that he [Axl] 'likes all our pretty songs and he likes to sing along and he likes to shoot his gun'. It was no secret Axl liked Nirvana. There is also a reference to a Gun as [in Guns N' Roses and this picture.

axl21.jpg

COME AS YOU ARE

And I swear

That I don't have a gun

No I don't have a gun

No I don't have a gun

Once again, referencing 'Gun' in 'Guns N' Roses'.

LITHIUM

Was this a reference to Stephanie Seymour having a pill addiction?

LOUNGE ACT

Truth covered in security

I can't let you smother me

I'd like to but it wouldn't work

Trading off and taking turns

I don't regret a thing

I think this documents the competitiveness between Gn'R and Nirvana. He doesn't want to take turns in the spotlight.

STAY ALWAY

Monkey see, monkey do (I don't know why).

I'd rather be dead than cool. (I don't know why).

Every line ends in rhyme (I don't know why).

Less is more, love is blind (I don't know why).

Stay. Stay away (x3).

This one is quite easy. Kurt Cobain wants Gn'R and their fans to stay away. He mocks them by calling them Monkeys, he goes on to say he would rather be dead than cool, he says that Nirvana's lyrics are better as well. 'Stay. Stay away' is explanatory.

ON A PLAIN

I'll start this off

Without any words

I got so high that

I scratched 'til I bled

Love myself

Better than you.

He accuses Gn'r to be a bunch of drug addicts, and 'Love myself better than you' probably means Kurt Cobain thinks he's better than Axl.

The finest day

That I ever had

Was when I learned

To cry on command.

Is he saying Axl is whiney in the media?

Edited by arnold layne

Man, you couldn't be more right! I even think that Homer's Iliad was written about this epic battle between Guns n' Roses and Nirvana. Some say Achilles is Axl, and Hector is Kurt Cobain. Ohters say the opposite. But I just say, who knows?

Edited by GHS

Please Fuck Off. Seriously mods, you really need to start doing something about this or myself, and I'll wager a good number of solid posters as well, will find somewhere else to discuss GNR.

Absolutely ridiculous the number of threads that have no business being posted and discussed. Layne, please stop being a douche or find somewhere else to poison your surroundings.

This place is a joke.

+1

Long time lurker. Agreed, this has in a few weeks become one of the worst boards I visit. I'm a long time lurker whose a big fan of GnR and love to come read about the band but the amount of trolling is second to none now with some sad pathetic and bitter whiners allowed to slowly destroy the board. Mods here suck, allowing free and open speech is all good but somewhere they got confused and lost perspective this is a fan board...

Only good thing about the current situation is watching that MSL dude call out a lot of the sad freaks and exposing them for what they really are, their attempt to justify themselves is comical.

Edited by chokes

IN BLOOM

He's the one who likes all our pretty songs

And he likes to sing along and he likes to shoot his gun

But he knows not what it means

Knows not what it means and I say

Here is a reference that he [Axl] 'likes all our pretty songs and he likes to sing along and he likes to shoot his gun'. It was no secret Axl liked Nirvana. There is also a reference to a Gun as [in Guns N' Roses and this picture.

axl21.jpg

COME AS YOU ARE

And I swear

That I don't have a gun

No I don't have a gun

No I don't have a gun

Once again, referencing 'Gun' in 'Guns N' Roses'.

LITHIUM

Was this a reference to Stephanie Seymour having a pill addiction?

LOUNGE ACT

Truth covered in security

I can't let you smother me

I'd like to but it wouldn't work

Trading off and taking turns

I don't regret a thing

I think this documents the competitiveness between Gn'R and Nirvana. He doesn't want to take turns in the spotlight.

STAY ALWAY

Monkey see, monkey do (I don't know why).

I'd rather be dead than cool. (I don't know why).

Every line ends in rhyme (I don't know why).

Less is more, love is blind (I don't know why).

Stay. Stay away (x3).

This one is quite easy. Kurt Cobain wants Gn'R and their fans to stay away. He mocks them by calling them Monkeys, he goes on to say he would rather be dead than cool, he says that Nirvana's lyrics are better as well. 'Stay. Stay away' is explanatory.

ON A PLAIN

I'll start this off

Without any words

I got so high that

I scratched 'til I bled

Love myself

Better than you.

He accuses Gn'r to be a bunch of drug addicts, and 'Love myself better than you' probably means Kurt Cobain thinks he's better than Axl.

The finest day

That I ever had

Was when I learned

To cry on command.

Is he saying Axl is whiney in the media?

Na, you just need a girlfriend more than you need oxygen.

Why the hell did I want to be unbanned from this place?

I was banned as well for making a Steven Adler BJ reference. That made me mad that I got banned over that now I dont even care anymore. I signed up for a Guns N Roses forum not Nirvana. Does the site even have mods anymore?

Why the hell did I want to be unbanned from this place?

:rofl-lol:

I think topics like this are completely ridiculous and unfortunately they have been dominated the main page for a while. I am hopeful that at some point soon the mods will do something about it.

This.

Or you guys could choose to NOT read topics that don't interest you?

have you guys ever seen anybody that laughs more at their own jokes than dazey?

You and Dazey should have a Joke-Off contest on the forum.

Each one of you can put $10,000 into an escrow account. Post your funniest joke. Then take lie detector tests to make sure the joke is an original. Then forum members can vote on which joke brings the funny the hardest. The winner gets the $10,000 that is in escrow.

A side portion of the bet could be - if MLS wins, he gets to be the forum police/dictator/educator for a Month. If Dazey wins, he is allowed to laugh at his own jokes and to continue making fun of the people who have no sense of humor, or who make stupid topics. And all of us have to send him pictures of our Johnsons. (Dazey's choice - erect or soft)

Deal?

Edited by Groghan

You and Dazey should have a Joke-Off contest on the forum.

Each one of you can put $10,000 into an escrow account. Post your funniest joke. Then take lie detector tests to make sure the joke is an original. Then forum members can vote on which joke brings the funny the hardest. The winner gets the $10,000 that is in escrow.

A side portion of the bet could be - if MLS wins, he gets to be the forum police/dictator/educator for a Month. If Dazey wins, he is allowed to laugh at his own jokes and to continue making fun of the people who have no sense of humor, or who make stupid topics. And all of us have to send him pictures of our Johnsons. (Dazey's choice - erect or soft)

Deal?

Oh you really do say the sweetest things sometimes deary! :wub:

I'd limit the mention of side portions though if I were you or "some people" may take offence. :D

Edited by Dazey

Guest Broskirose

This thread getting moved doesn't even make sense. I really doubt this is a topic that has been discussed before. Only arnold could have such insight into things so I doubt anyone noticed these similarites before.