Whatever happened to playing IRS live?

Screamin' Demon

Whatever happened to the guys playing IRS live? They did it throughout all their shows in 2006 & 2007, then dropped it as a rarity. I'd love to see this one come back to the list. It would help especially to fans who aren't too familiar with Chinese Democracy to hear more rockers than ballads as far as new material goes for concerts. Other than that, it's a great live song just like Shackler's Revenge. Wouldn't mind having Madagacar or Don't Cry dropped in favour of this ferocious rocker & surely it's not out of Axl's vocal reach.

Like most songs from CD, the majority of the crowd weren't interested.

CD is not my favorite song, but it seems to work as an opener. Aside from that, and maybe TIL or the blues, any other CD songs should be dropped.

Like most songs from CD, the majority of the crowd weren't interested.

CD is not my favorite song, but it seems to work as an opener. Aside from that, and maybe TIL or the blues, any other CD songs should be dropped.

So using this logic, and the fact that Axl Ruined the band "to move in a new direction" he should drop the replacements and get back together with Slash and Duff. I mean if you want to hear all the old material, lets at least hear it by the people who were responsible for it

Perhaps the scream? I'd rather hear it less frequently and have better shows overall that Axl blowing his voice and ending with something a la 1991...

You're right, but then again, I've yet to hear a live performance where Axl goes for the same piercing high note that he does in the studio. He usually went for a lower, raspier (albeit still powerful) scream on the live versions.

Maybe the band just got tired of it. I used to absolutely love the song but now I find it to be kind of monotonous with the exception of Buckethead's excellent solo.

I think it leaking in 2006 had much to do with its involvement in the set list (just like Better). I'm glad I got to hear it live back then, but I don't really miss it now.

this is what happened... skip to the 1:00 mark... axl can't sing this song anymore

in axl's defense, he was apparently having monitor issues... anyway he's obviously out of breath

Interesting.

But he sang it in london and manchester later in the year and he was perfect on it.

this is what happened... skip to the 1:00 mark... axl can't sing this song anymore

in axl's defense, he was apparently having monitor issues... anyway he's obviously out of breath

anyway it was 2010 ):

I think the paranoid lyrics are kind of cool. Better than mushy love-lost shit that occupies half the record. The only bad part is the terrible grammar here:

"What shall I do if I gave my heart to you"

I don't even know what he means.... what shall I do if I give my heart to you? What have I done since I gave my heart to you?

Well, listening to this 2010 version, I would say that Robin is the reason that IRS is gone - cause Ashba totally fails. He ruins the song more than Axl messing up the lyrics ...

Wow Axl does not quit. I'm not a huge fan of what he's been doing with the name but that man can put on a show.

Yeah he loses his breath a few times but still carries the song.

DJ on the other hand takes all the life out of Robin's solo and is a huge detriment to the song. Would much rather hear Richard's take on Robin's parts.