Would you like it if Axl removed Bumblefoot from the unreleased Chinese Democracy II tracks?

Randy Lahey

In any other band, a question like this would seem absurd- talk of not bringing back a musician as if he were a football player who had a bad season and should be cut. Silly.

But this is gnr. And given the way axl has the revolving door set up, the question is fair. I love bbf's playing and he is a cool dude to the fans, so I hope he sticks around.

Of course, cd2 ain't coming, so it really doesn't even matter.

Pubes.

this is one of those details that could be debated endlessly online, but is utterly meaningless to the rest of the world.

i think a good place to start with the next album is with some choruses. but of course, axl and the army of replacements are too smart for that. they sure showed us.

• Like 1

I'd give anything to hear the album without Bumble's and Frank's parts.

you don't even know what you're talking about.

If you heard a three-four finger tapping riff would you even be able to tell the differense between Bucket and Ron?

And if you heard a solo track of a beat played by Frank and Brian.... would you be able to hear who is who there aswell?

what is it that makes Bucket so good? his vibrato? his fast patterns (he usualy playes the same), melodi?

I love Buckethead but really why so much crazy talk?

Edited by Desperado

If you heard a three-four finger tapping riff would you even be able to tell the differense between Bucket and Ron?

And if you heard a solo track of a beat played by Frank and Brian.... would you be able to hear who is who there aswell?

what is it that makes Bucket so good? his vibrato? his fast patterns (he usualy playes the same), melodi?

Did you not hear the leaks? We heard lots of songs without Bumble and Frank on them. What makes Bucket so good is that he can write guitar parts that fit the songs and sound good. With Bumble it is mostly tasteless shredding solos. Bucket actually came up with solos that elevated the songs. TWAT before and after Buckethead is a perfect example.

As long as the originals get released maybe in a boxset? I would love to hear the original untouched recordings

original untouched recordings by robin, bucket, and brain will be the next chinese democracy record. not a box set for sale over a $100 dollars

Did you not hear the leaks? We heard lots of songs without Bumble and Frank on them. What makes Bucket so good is that he can write guitar parts that fit the songs and sound good. With Bumble it is mostly tasteless shredding solos. Bucket actually came up with solos that elevated the songs. TWAT before and after Buckethead is a perfect example.

none of Rons solos are just shreading. His fretless solos are impressive as hell.

on the Scraped solo he holds out almost all the notes and there isn't any real fast part at all in that solo

Riad starts of with some bluesy licks and then turns in to ha sweet little fretless jam

the first CITR is really tastefull and has a nice melody and some fast runs, the second solo also has a nice melody and no shread at all but with the production and it's so much that's going on at the same time it sounds messy but if you listen to the isolated tracks it's easier to apriseate it.

Shackler's Revange is his shreadiest solo on the album but it's really good and has very intresting fretless harmonics going on and he plays really cool trills in his arpeggios.

Buckethead has more shredding solos on the album.

And if they realese more of the CD stuff I belive that they keep buckets parts if it worth keeping (like TWAT, Sorry). But I find it really hard to see how Buckets unrealesed solos on Scraped and Riad would have been anything more then just shreadding so I understand that Ron made new solos for those tracks.

Edited by Desperado

Without Ron, CD's verses would suck. Same for the solo. Plus, he added a lot to Catcher and Shackler's, IMO.

Yeah but it's bucket who playes the Solo on CD

Really? Always thought the second part was Ron. Never heard Bucket play that part live.

Edited by The Only Cosmonaut

I just want songs with Axl singing.

This.

I say leave the Chinese Democracy tracks the way we are, release the 1999 to 2004 recordings and the rest of the 14 additional songs in both Bumblefoot and Buckethead.

Then Randy can stop fucking talking about Buckethead

bumble's shackler's solo isn't stand out. buckethead's shackler solo IS

From what little I can hear of the Bucket solo in the multitrack, I agree.

i like bumble and bucket both are amazing IMO< both together should be represented on the next gnr album, i think the person that needs a bigger role is fortus

I agree.

Edited by Sweersa