Would you like it if Axl removed Bumblefoot from the unreleased Chinese Democracy II tracks?

Randy Lahey

i think gnr will never release anything again and if they do, people like ron and dj will be long gone. i can see tommy and dizzy sticking around though, you know, they trust in axl's "vision". lol.

Or in Axl's faithful paychecks should I say…

Shitty thread.

Ron's contributions to CD are among my favourite parts. His solo and tapping on Shacklers brings the song to a whole other level - you know if Bucket did that solo he'd just mindlessly play a billion notes a second, at least Ron took the song and added to it, doing something different.

I also love his fretless work during the verses of Chinese, and his outro shredding on the final verse of Catcher is probably the best part of the entire album.

Like it or not, I think Ron is going to have a big presence on the next GNR album.

Interesting. The 3 songs you mention are my least listened to and therefore i'm not fussed about what Ron did to them. Twat, Sorry, Prostitute...that's my stuff. But you do make me feel less bothered about a lot of Ron on the next one.

Having never heard either Ron or Bucket before they joined Guns, i've got almost all the stuff they've ever done down to the really obscure stuff. My essential Bucket playlist of songs rated 4* or 5* runs to 89 songs. My Ron list runs to 13. I adore Bucket's melodic sensibility: his little signature notes you catch glimpses of in Twat, Nightrain, Coma. The Fairy and the Devil just blows me away. I've listendd to every Nightrain solo just to hear what he does each time and i've never heard one from Ron that, whilst technically great, just has no x-factor, if you will.

I agree that Buckethead's Nightrain solo is the best...however, the only thing with Bumble's Nightrain solo, is that it seems to get lost in the mix...it doesn't sound as clear or have as much presence in the overall live mix, it sounds semi-muted in comparison. I believe his solo is brilliant in its own right, just needs to be brought to the front of the mix a little so it can be heard more.

No i wouldn't, Bumblefoot (& Frank) additions to CD are for the most part superb. We don't even know if Bucket got to finish the tracks he was working on, he can't of spent that long in the studio considering his in/out attitude after the 02 tour collapsed. The Riad demo solo proves that not everything Bucket touched is pure gold. We all know Axl is a perfectionist and also a fan of Buckets work on CD, so he i doubt he would of thrown away superior material just because Bumble was in the band and Bucket wasn't.

Edited by terminalboredom

We have proof he did throw away superior material cause Bucket wasn't in the band (Riad) and considering Buckethead spent 4 years in GNR I sincerely doubt he left anything unfinished.

In my opinion Bucket solo on Riad (demo) is one of the least interesting guitar riffs i have ever listened to. How long do you think Bucket spent in the studio after the 2002 tour collapsed?

My fault for bumping it, I've viewed this forum loads over the years but only recently started posting and have been working my way back through the pages and threads and added my 2 cents to this. For what it's worth we have no idea what Bumble has recorded for the left over ChiDem tracks, I personally didn't like his (or Franks) additions to ChiDem butI/we can't dislike what we haven't heard (also like to add that I do like his rhythm work on Going Down, don't like his solo though) - I personally would prefer that the remaining tracks are released untouched if they were to ever be released and let the new band work on new material.
Apologies again for the bump...

Depends if he recorded over Bucket material or not.

I don't mind him adding parts, or recording solos that didn't exist before, but I'll take Buckethead's work first.

Remember what happened to Bucket's Riad solo? sad.gif

You act like he came in and said "Fuck Buckethead! I'm recording over his parts and you can't stop me!"

Honestly I wouldn't mind bumble being removed at all if only because it wouldn't make a difference other than making it sound less cluttered. The structure of the songs would change. I think CD the song would be significantly better without him.

This isn't his fault though. He was shoehorned into pretty much entirely finished songs to where there wasn't much left for him to add but Axl or whoever decided they should let him try. Essentially bumble's parts are one example in a long list of them of a lack of restraint.

Stupid thread because it's never going to happen. I am almost 100% certain that Axl won't keep any Buckethead parts on the next album (if there is one).

Besides, Ron is a much more interesting and dynamic lead guitar player. It makes me laugh when the BH fanboys criticise Ron for shredding, when that is pretty much 80% of what BH does on the album.

I guess the idea of CD was to blend different styles into something not AFD or UYI. Ron is a victim of circumstance. Certain songs like SOD, TWAT, Catcher some fans would have preferred in a UYI style. Maybe Chi dem Scraped with AFD production.

I guess the idea of CD was to blend different styles into something not AFD or UYI. Ron is a victim of circumstance. Certain songs like SOD, TWAT, Catcher some fans would have preferred in a UYI style. Maybe Chi dem Scraped with AFD production.

Axl tried to do a Queen album. Though he pretends to be a fan, it shows how little he knew about the band in fact. Queen was the sum of its 4 members, that's why they were so great, that's why their 70s albums are milestones.