Do you think Kurt Cobain was murdered?

arnold layne

what is that even taken from. Somebody else who doesn't have a jobe that has anything to do with homicide investigations

Oh yeah? He was a LA county detective for decades. Try again

the same detective that Courtny hired? the guy who hade been in Kurts house without finding him dead......maybe he killed him? :rolleyes:

Durpa durp.

Yes, the PI that searched the house and was never told about the greenhouse even after Courtney instructed Dylan(kurt's friend to check the greenhouse.)

He wasn't found in the house. Again, you have no idea of the facts here.

haha so you don't belive he could have searched the greenhouse without telling them? but you then belive somebody else did kil him just because the guy you belive in wrote a book :lol:

he was found in a house so does it matter what the fuck I'm calling the house? no. I know that he claimed he searched the main house or what you want to call it but he could have lied.

He recorded everything genius. He has audio of everything they did. He documented EVERYTHING. There is not one single discrepancy in his story. It's funny how you are trying to discredit the only credible person in the case but refuse to acknowledge the dozens of weird actions from known liars. This is a very sad attempt to backtrack. Try again.

He was found in the greenhouse above the garage NOT any place where they searched. The day Courtney told Dylan to check the greenhouse, Kurt was already dead. THAT is another reason why her actions are strange. He was dead at the time according to the medical examiner and she was insisting they check the greenhouse. Dylan did not tell him about the greenhouse. When they didn't search it, she had the electricians rush to install flood lights on the greenhouse so THEY would discover him. This whole time she was hiding out of town for no reason. There was no business there for her. It was her alibi and she was trying to help aid the discovery so she couldn't be a suspect. Inform yourself and think. "Oh but but about a son is depressing :sad smiley." Trust me, I want you to disagree so I can shred you. But I would like for you to come with actual facts of the case first. I'm not trying to change your mind, I'd just like to see ignorance abolished which is why I am posting this.

HOAXES

ASSOCIATED WITH THE COBAIN CASE

The Allen Wrench Hoax - The Dream Machine

The Cobain Interview - Alleged E-mails From Courtney Love

The words "discern," "discerning" and "discernment," are partially defined as

follows:

To recognize as distinct or different,…

To show good judgment or understanding,…

To distinguish that which is true from that which is untrue."

Discernment skills are developed through a combination of knowledge,

intellect, and most important, experience. Wisdom and age, at least to some degree,

normally go hand in hand. But in today's world of media madness, exaggeration,

sensationalism and hype, it seems intellectual discernment has been replaced by

feelings and emotion. This creates an atmosphere where deception thrives and fraud

abounds.

With that in mind it should be no surprise that a high profile case such as his

has been the target of a number of hoaxes.

Police detectives and investigators are familiar with this syndrome.

Whenever a murder case gets national media attention police anticipate the actions

of sick individuals who turn themselves in and confess to the highly publicized

crime.

Then there's the other type of hoaxster who's somewhat shy and cowardly.

These lonely people seldom appear in person. They usually write secretive letters

or make mysterious phone calls claiming to have "valuable information" about the

case.

This type of hoax is actually somewhat more difficult to deal with than the

person who can be interrogated face to face. Of course, most investigators are

aware that the so-called, "information," might actually have some validity, so

unless the story is completely impractical, unrealistic or totally absurd, it must be

checked out.

This is one of the primary reasons why investigators do not publicly disclose

every fact or detail of a particular case. When dealing with attention starved

individuals, non-disclosed information helps investigators separate the "nuts" from

the "bolts."

Identifying hoaxes associated with the Cobain case will, most likely,

encourage more pranksters. So while discussing and exposing each of these scams,

I'm going to be as brief as possible in order to avoid giving them anymore attention

than absolutely necessary.

135 136

The Allen Wrench Hoax

Of all the phony stories spread through the Internet regarding the Cobain

case, this has been, by far, the most successful hoax to date. I'm sure the clowns

who started the Allen Wrench tale are well pleased with this demented piece of

work.

As it was getting off the ground, the people who started this sick hoax tried

to draw me into their fantasy world. The undisclosed details of the case make it

nearly impossible to play these games with me, so when the attempt failed, they

began posting in chat rooms and news groups and e-mailing our supporters. Now,

every time someone buys into the scam and writes to tell me, "I know who killed

Kurt Cobain," the pranksters get a free chuckle at the expense of those who only

care about the truth in this case.

The "Dream Machine" Hoax

This story was circulated on the Internet in 1995 shortly after my first

appearance on several radio talk shows when a few media sources reported that

Kurt had obtained an invention called "The Dream Machine." The reporters falsely

claimed the police found one of these "Dream Machines" inside the Greenhouse

near Cobain's body.

When the truth began to surface and many were learning that most of what

they'd been told about the circumstances of Cobain's death was false, Courtney had

to come up with something new. So this "Queen Of Hype" concocted the Dream

Machine story. Then she gathered a small group of pawns, called them "Friends Qf

Kurt," (also known as "F.O.K."), and sent them out to get publicity for the story.

We had been informing the public that Kurt wasn't really as "suicidal" as

Courtney wanted everyone to believe. Through her phony "F.O.K." group,

Courtney successfully manipulated a few gullible writers to do the story, hoping

Kurt's fans would actually believe. . . "The MACHINE made him do it!!"

This clever little tale was not given much credence, however, so it had a very

short run.

The "Cobain Interview" Hoax

If you hear about some guy who claims to have interviewed Kurt Cobain in

person at the Lake Washington house just days before he was found dead, beware, it

simply is not true.

I communicated with this jerk through e-mail. Using a pseudonym but

eventually identifying himself as "Brad Barnett," he tripped right out of the gate and

fell flat on his face. E-mails sent me to me by Barnett, along with his postings on

the Internet, have proven his "interview story" was fabricated.

Once again, unpublished details known only to myself, and in some

instances, to the Seattle authorities, were used to examine and expose this pathetic

liar. When Barnett tried to sell his "story" to several magazines, even the gullible

rock press would not take the bait. I realize Halperin and Wallace, the authors of "Who Killed Kurt Cobain," at

least to some extent, fell prey to this joker. That was due, in part, to a lack of

communication between myself and the two Canadian writer's prior to the

publication of their book. I assumed, from our conversations, that they hadn't taken

the Cobain "interview hoax" seriously, so I didn't discuss with them the false

information Barnett had given me. We've talked since. I think they've seen the

light. Unfortunately, the damage, though slight, has already been done.

Alleged E-mails From Courtney Love

One of the most frequent hoaxes I've seen since we opened the investigation

website, has been Courtney Love imitators who e-mail sarcastic, threatening letters.

I get them all the time and I see them being published on other web sites. It seems

all anyone has to do to convince some that the sender is Courtney Love is to use

profanity, make threats and misspell or mistype every other word!

There have been two or three legitimate e-mails sent by Courtney to a young

man named David Perle after we opened the investigation website. But Courtney

soon discovered, (and I'm sure her attorneys drove the point home), that responding

on the Internet or making threats by e-mail was not a good idea. In the past four

years, I've seen plenty of imitators, but I've seen very few "emails from Courtney,"

(regarding the investigation into Kurt's death), that appeared to be legitimate. In

fact, they're not even good imitations.

There are a lot of lonely people who have nothing better to do than play head

games with the young and naïve. They e-mail letters pretending to be someone

they're not, or they claim to have valuable information that is actually bogus. They

get their kicks by creating confusion and general havoc while the investigation gets

sidetracked. This always happens in high profile cases.

It takes a thorough knowledge of the hidden details of a case to be able to

weed out pranksters and focus on credible sources. I've seen a number of well

intentioned supporters on the Internet who lack discernment in dealing with

pranksters and credible sources of information. Believing it to be true, they naively

respond to deceptive sources and publish fraudulent information.

It's usually the kindest, most considerate, most idealistic, most loving and

most honest people in this world who are also the most naive. Since they cannot

imagine themselves being so cruel and inconsiderate, they have a hard time

believing someone else could be. As we grow older, the trick is to maintain our

personal sense of character and integrity, while becoming aware that we're

sometimes connected to others who have a lesser sense of conscience.

Of course, you're free to believe whatever you want. I can only ask that you

do not pass on information or references to Allen Wrench, the Dream Machine,

Brad Barnett, Courtney Love e-mails, and other such foolishness.

This kind of misinformation only detracts from the credibility of the

investigation. It also delays our efforts at getting the public to take this case

seriously.

The rest is pages of the list of resources.

Edited by Rustycage

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what is that even taken from. Somebody else who doesn't have a jobe that has anything to do with homicide investigations

the same detective that Courtny hired? the guy who hade been in Kurts house without finding him dead......maybe he killed him? :rolleyes:

Durpa durp.

Yes, the PI that searched the house and was never told about the greenhouse even after Courtney instructed Dylan(kurt's friend to check the greenhouse.)

haha so you don't belive he could have searched the greenhouse without telling them? but you then belive somebody else did kil him just because the guy you belive in wrote a book :lol:

he was found in a house so does it matter what the fuck I'm calling the house? no. I know that he claimed he searched the main house or what you want to call it but he could have lied.

He recorded everything genius. He has audio of everything they did. He documented EVERYTHING. There is not one single discrepancy in his story. It's funny how you are trying to discredit the only credible person in the case but refuse to acknowledge the dozens of weird actions from known liars. This is a very sad attempt to backtrack. Try again.

He was found in the greenhouse above the garage NOT any place where they searched. The day Courtney told Dylan to check the greenhouse, Kurt was already dead. THAT is another reason why her actions are strange. He was dead at the time according to the medical examiner and she was insisting they check the greenhouse. Dylan did not tell him about the greenhouse. When they didn't search it, she had the electricians rush to install flood lights on the greenhouse so THEY would discover him. This whole time she was hiding out of town for no reason. There was no business there for her. It was her alibi and she was trying to help aid the discovery so she couldn't be a suspect. Inform yourself and think. "Oh but but about a son is depressing :sad smiley." Trust me, I want you to disagree so I can shred you. But I would like for you to come with actual facts of the case first. I'm not trying to change your mind, I'd just like to see ignorance abolished which is why I am posting this.

and he couldn't just stop recording it?......... dude you can quote a stupid book how much you want but you're still the person here who belives what you are told by people who just want to make money without any reliable or proven evidence. it's just another conspiracy theory and you're just another conspiracy theorists.

you just say the same stuff over and over again but if anything you claim would be true there would be people doing something about it but every body who knows anything about this case has just dissproven you again and again and you guys just won't stop with your crazy claims.

I can qoute books to.... doesn't mean anything of it really happened or is true. If you show me evidence that has been proven or tested by people who knows what they are doing then I'll belive you but all that has allready been done... and i'm sorry but you're the one who's wrong. You probably just search info that will make you're dissbelife in that it was a suicide stronger and never look at any of the real evidence that has been tested or the ones that are debunking yours.

Durpa durp.

and he couldn't just stop recording it?......... dude you can quote a stupid book how much you want but you're still the person here who belives what you are told by people who just want to make money without any reliable or proven evidence. it's just another conspiracy theory and you're just another conspiracy theorists.

you just say the same stuff over and over again but if anything you claim would be true there would be people doing something about it but every body who knows anything about this case has just dissproven you again and again and you guys just won't stop with your crazy claims.

I can qoute books to.... doesn't mean anything of it really happened or is true. If you show me evidence that has been proven or tested by people who knows what they are doing then I'll belive you but all that has allready been done... and i'm sorry but you're the one who's wrong. You probably just search info that will make you're dissbelife in that it was a suicide stronger and never look at any of the real evidence that has been tested or the ones that are debunking yours.

Even Dylan confirms that they didn't search. Dylan was Kurt's best friend. Why would he lie for Grant?

You'd be quoting books from people who weren't involved personally with the case. This guy was the main player from beginning to end. Nowhere in Grant's career is there a single tarnish. You're barking up an imaginary tree.

You act like a teenager so I assume you are. One day when you grow up and inform yourself before claiming to know things, you'll find out that just saying "you're wrong" doesn't work. In fact, you'll feel like a jackass for going that route.

Durpa durp.

Even Dylan confirms that they didn't search. Dylan was Kurt's best friend. Why would he lie for Grant?

You'd be quoting books from people who weren't involved personally with the case. This guy was the main player from beginning to end. Nowhere in Grant's career is there a single tarnish. You're barking up an imaginary tree.

You act like a teenager so I assume you are. One day when you grow up and inform yourself before claiming to know things, you'll find out that just saying "you're wrong" doesn't work. In fact, you'll feel like a jackass for going that route.

okej so listening to one witness makes a case then I guess 1000 people have been abtucted by aliens and elvis is still alive too.... doesn't really work that way

lol you have been saying I'm wrong all the time. And I'm 20 I don't hide it and if I'm PROVEN wrong I'll admit it. the same argument can be turned around against you.

I'm going to sleep now, it's almost 6 in the morning here so good luck with whatever you are doing

Spouses murder or hire someone to do it all of the time. There are thousands of cases every year. I don't understand how Elvis sightings or UFO's has anything to dow ith this. You're just scared to read apparently.

When you can ask a legit question regarding the case, I'll show you where you are most likely wrong.

But I understand your tactic, you understand now that you don't really have a clue of the events surrounding his death after your questions revealed so. In a childish manner to never have to admit you're wrong, you simply refuse to read the only inside source, read that at least, THE ONLY INSIDE SOURCE that publicly speaks about the case.

Sleep easy. I know how easy it is to be apathetic at 20 and think nothing matters. If you don't care about the world around you, don't be surprised when it doesn't care about you. You'll wake up and take interest.

"Whatever I'm trying to here" is have a discussion about a very interesting and crazy case. Like I do at many boards. However they are more themed around such. If you didn't want to get into the discussion, you should have just stayed out instead of acting like those who might know more about the case are saying this is an Elvis sighting or talking about UFO's. It's merely a case of a troubled guy trying to escape a crazy bitch of a wife but was too late and she ended up with his money and stealing the trust fund for her daughter.

And I understand that discussing it on a GNR board where the theme is to love Axl and hate who he hated is probably pointless. Color me foolish for thinking this section evolved into discussing things maturely. Maybe if I spun in circles and called myself a white wizard or posted in topics about how small your dicks are, or whatever it is you are talking about in that topic, I would be marching to the same beat. Sorry that "whatever I was trying to do" was too in depth over a real issue.

3/4 of college is showing up. once, had a course were i did NONE of the work, but I showed up every day. professor passed me with a B.

as the op...no, i don't think he was murdered. in fact, cobain is still alive.

he faked his own death and his been living as the musician known as, Rivers Cuomo ever since.

Not just responding to you SD, but others in this thread...

I don't know what courses some of you guys did, where you just show up and get grades. And University not teaching you anything, and it being 65% bullshit.

Sure, a lot of the work and figuring stuff out you gotta do yourself. I don't have a problem with that. It teaches you independence surely. But the best profs get you interested in the material and make some of it easier to grasp. The difference between my worst Univ prof and my best was huge.

And in the courses I took our final grades were almost all based on our exam marks, so it most definitely tested our knowledge. Well, one of my beefs is that it tested memorization at times more than it tested knowledge.

Anyways, there's a lot of material in some of these degrees. Not sure how people are supposed to learn it if they don't go to school for it.

they provide a decent environment to learn things. but if you fail they don't say sorry we didn't teach it well enough. Hence, when I pass it's all me, I did that, they don't get the credit. That's why I get the qualification.