"We're getting ready to go back in to the studio" New Fortus Video

hitmanhart408

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Optimism - Fortus doesn't normally come out and say things like that.

Remember his interview a few months ago?

then we have to finish up some more recording and hopefully get the record out and be on tour in the fall in the States I’m hoping.

Maybe that's the plan?

Optimism - Fortus doesn't normally come out and say things like that.

Remember his interview a few months ago?

then we have to finish up some more recording and hopefully get the record out and be on tour in the fall in the States I’m hoping.

Maybe that's the plan?

Again, I'm always optimistic with these things, but all signs point to SOMETHING happening, which is a pretty big change. Individual band members speaking up about the project - that's autonomy. That's a band ladies and gents.

well that would be true if all the people involved would have written all the old songs together.... wich they didn't. True at some parts of AFD but not for UYI.

Not sure I follow you here. Are you saying that they didn't write any good songs "together?" What the others laid down is what Axl used as his lyrical platform. Even on Axl's ballads, Slash's guitar made the songs that much better. November Rain without that solo or Estranged without the guitar lick are ok songs. Slash's work made them great. Vice versa for Coma. Without the story(lyrics) of Coma, the music would have been OK. He opened it up. There are dynamics there that can't be reproduced just by finding a virtuoso or any old student.

I read your first post again I missread it the first time. I thought you where talking about that the whole band worked togheter on the song writing (wich is why I said it was partly true for AFD but not for UYI).

Yes I agree with you but my point was that Slash has mostley made mediocre songs (with a few exeptions) after he left Guns and that DJ has made mostly shit before Guns so if he works with Axl maybe it will bring something new out of him. Not saying that it will be as good as anything both Slash and Axl made but with the help from Ron, Tommy and the other guys maybe they will come close. I know that Ron would be able bring something cool and new to Guns that isn't just typical Rock.

I don't think they'll make an album I would like more then the UYI albums (I hope they do) but if it's as good as CD or a little better I'm going to be happy with it.

if it was dj saying this i would take it with a grain of salt but richard saying it is different

That's the same opinion I had with what Richard said in April, and now this.

It does seem like the ball is rolling on something.

there is too much smoke to be no fire, if their wasnt something going on we would have the usual cliched stock response :D

good news sure, but richard said cd would be released in 07. until axl confirms it, it means nothing to me.

well to be honest it's not that strange he thought that because the album was done and everything else to exept the best-buy deal or some other management problem if I remember correctly

good news sure, but richard said cd would be released in 07. until axl confirms it, it means nothing to me.

well to be honest it's not that strange he thought that because the album was done and everything else to exept the best-buy deal or some other management problem if I remember correctly

yeah, let's hope this time is different. don't get me wrong, i'm dying to hear new material. i'm just tired of getting excited about it. i'm sure an axl statement would make this forum explode, i'd be really really happy to see it. it's his band, after all...

According to Beta in 2001, Axl had about 50 songs recorded, and the label would choose the songs that would be in CD...

So write isn't a problem :P

yeah writing has never been the problem neither has recording, its the last part of the process that gets fucked up

Heard this all before. In 2010 Dizzy and Ashba both said an album would be in the works for 2011, never happened. "Same time, same station, next year", also never happened. Although I would love a new album, don't get your hopes up..

According to Beta in 2001, Axl had about 50 songs recorded, and the label would choose the songs that would be in CD...

So write isn't a problem :P

So they picked the ones that leaked and had been played live, plus a few other GNR sounding ones. That explains why we didn't get any hip hop industrial jams. I think Axl would have had a strong say in it.

I hope the original vision of Buckethead, Robin, Brain stays on the next record

i hope so as well maybe half the album can be bucket/robin/brain and the second half new stuff with the current lineup? its kind of a mess alot of us want the buckethead and robin stuff but at the same time the current lineup wants to do stuff as well its going to be interesting how this is going to work.