"We're getting ready to go back in to the studio" New Fortus Video

hitmanhart408

I don't understand why people are so against DJ being on the new record. I mean, do you hate "Ballad of Death" and "Mi Amor" that much?

I honestly don't get it either. Ballad of death is amazing and Mi Amor is also good. The band (and that includes DJ) play really well together on stage, I think if they went to the studio, they could make something magical. rock2

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree all the innuendo about hiding in the hills and having to deal with people from that interview shows there is maybe a lot of pressure on Axl to get this thing in gear.

I think one man mutiny was written after the big blow up between axl del tommy and fortus after the dublin '10 gig concerning his behavior and the lyrics speak for themselves, including the all gnr -minus ron & goose music video. Had an intervention vibe to it specifically the "you think you know whats best for all but you just dont give a damn" i guess alludes to not moving forward with the new band and offering up excuses that dont quite cut it with the band anymore.

That was a couple of years ago and im more optimistic now beta is manager. it might seem a bit off to some but i can see her getting him on stage and getting a record out of him better that others because Axl wont be paranoid about trying to be a success, be that with the new band or as a reunion.

New material? If Robin and Bucket are never coming back to tour/appear in potential videos then release all the old chinese session stuff as a digital release to be marketed as an Axl Rose Directors cut of chinese democracy. Then a short time there after put out a record with all the guys who are committed to release/video/tour. I'd hope the vibe to the directors cut to be the mental electronica with full guitars stuff & the new record to be earthy a sorta claire de lune/end of oceans 11 vibe - ah we did it and have moved on all is well.

and call it cuban skies

Edited by Estranged 14

CD2 will never happen.

I know, the album title won't be CD2. So CD2 will never happen.

CoolFace.png

Agreed. It'll either be self-titled, a line in a song, or a song title. The only reason he'd use ChiDem again is if he had a "part 2" or "alt lyrics" version.

I agree all the innuendo about hiding in the hills and having to deal with people from that interview shows there is maybe a lot of pressure on Axl to get this thing in gear.

I think one man mutiny was written after the big blow up between axl del tommy and fortus after the dublin '10 gig concerning his behavior and the lyrics speak for themselves, including the all gnr -minus ron & goose music video. Had an intervention vibe to it specifically the "you think you know whats best for all but you just dont give a damn" i guess alludes to not moving forward with the new band and offering up excuses that dont quite cut it with the band anymore.

That was a couple of years ago and im more optimistic now beta is manager. it might seem a bit off to some but i can see her getting him on stage and getting a record out of him better that others because Axl wont be paranoid about trying to be a success, be that with the new band or as a reunion.

New material? If Robin and Bucket are never coming back to tour/appear in potential videos then release all the old chinese session stuff as a digital release to be marketed as an Axl Rose Directors cut of chinese democracy. Then a short time there after put out a record with all the guys who are committed to release/video/tour. I'd hope the vibe to the directors cut to be the mental electronica with full guitars stuff & the new record to be earthy a sorta claire de lune/end of oceans 11 vibe - ah we did it and have moved on all is well.

and call it cuban skies

Robin showing up as a guest appearance shows he's been keeping in touch with GNR, esp. when Ron's meds wore off mid show and couldn't move around. I'm sure Jennifer was helping him out with some things on the road. But someone wrote that they have a back doctor on the road with them - I'm assuming that's for Ron and didn't come cheap, but the whole band prob.got checked.

I don't see Bucket ever rejoining GNR, whether it's out of embarrassment or fear, but you never know, too. I think if Axl had a "if The World" type song, and wanted Bootsy Collins on it, maybe, but then Ron feels like he's being sidelined.

I think it would be cool to bring past members back in, at least in the studio, but not sidelining anyone that's in it now. They should all be writing songs as a cohesive unit. BUT - Axl has always written with people not in the band.

Hopefully we get an EP this year, 6 songs, 2 or 3 covers, 2-4 originals, that might or might not be on the next full length release.

I would like to see Ron as a lead songwriter on the next GNR album. His solo work is great and I could definately imagine a song like Wasted Away or Father or Invisible with Axl on vocals.

And he is more than capable of writing his own epic GNR solos in the vein of TWAT or Estranged, just look at the last half of Turn Around for example:

Or his cover of There's A Kind Of Hush:

Edited by Towelie

I would like to see Ron as a lead songwriter on the next GNR album. His solo work is great and I could definately imagine a song like Wasted Away or Father or Invisible with Axl on vocals.

And he is more than capable of writing his own epic GNR solos in the vein of TWAT or Estranged, just look at the last half of Turn Around for example:

Not to forget both Breaking and There's a Kind of Hush soloing, especially Kind of Hush - top notch melodic solos in my books. :thumbsup:

EDIT: you beat me to it when you posted the Kind of Hush vid, but here's the Breaking one :)

Edited by Bruno Poeys

I don't understand why people are so against DJ being on the new record. I mean, do you hate "Ballad of Death" and "Mi Amor" that much?

No, I don't hate them but I find them weak, indeed. And there's no indication as to we'll hear something similar to Ballad or Mi Amor if DJ was to write a song, so I don't know what to expect. Maybe something similar to Sixx:A.M., but with Axl's vocals and songwriting all over it... well, I don't know.

It won't be like Sixx:AM. I don't think Axl would want that. I personally love Ballad of Death and the newer version of Mi Amor so if it's stuff like that DJ will contribute with to the new album I'm very positive about it. But like you say, we can't know what to expect at the moment.

I honestly don't get it either. Ballad of death is amazing and Mi Amor is also good. The band (and that includes DJ) play really well together on stage, I think if they went to the studio, they could make something magical. rock2

Exactly :) I really have faith in this line up. Also, Axl must've chosen DJ for a reason and I have faith in Axl when it comes to him working with good musicians.

Edited by RocketQueen1985

So? We posted them because WE like them. And we were talking about the guitar solos, not the songs. I can see why you wouldn't like them though, not too generic for your liking. :shrugs:

So you've not noticed my love for Bucket and Robin then? I guess they must be the very definition of generic huh? :rolleyes: Or indeed my many posts about how I want to see the band move away from the typical old school sound? :rolleyes: DJ embodies the generic classic rock genre and those songs on the last page are simply dull. Just because people don't agree with you doesn't make their tastes generic. I suggest you read a few more of my posts on the subject before making a fool of yourself yet further! ;) That said I suppose it's not like a nutswlnger to throw around baseless accusations when they find somebody who disagrees with them. :rolleyes:

Edited by Dazey

Guest Gunns

buckets music is inspired in both his solo career and on CD.

djs is replicated and generic, I will be curious to see what he will bring in his contributions to gnr material, but I am holding out for bucket stuff mainly at this point in time.

I want dj to surprise me though, so far sixx am etc hasn't at all

So? We posted them because WE like them. And we were talking about the guitar solos, not the songs. I can see why you wouldn't like them though, not too generic for your liking. :shrugs:

So you've not noticed my love for Bucket and Robin then?

They left the band. :shrugs:

So you've not noticed my love for Bucket and Robin then?

They left the band. :shrugs:

What's your point? You accused me of not liking Ron cos he wasn't generic enough for my tastes and I simply pointed to earlier posts of mine that showed you to be wrong on that count. It doesn't have any relevance whatsoever whether they're in the band or not. I was basically saying I wanted the band to become more experimental not less so, so your argument clearly has no foundation.

I love it when people are so conceited that they think everybody who disagrees with them on something simply just "doesn't get it" or their tastes aren't sophisticated enough to appreciate the hidden genius. Here's a tip sunshine, sometimes there is no life changing hidden meaning and it really is just plain shite!

Reminds me of all those tossers at the Turner Prize pissing their pants over an unmade bed or a pile of shit on a pedestal in the Tate Modern, while most normal people are simply in kinks that some thick cunt wants to pay $50k for a pickled shark in a tank! :lol: "Oh but it's art, you really wouldn't understand!" Shut up you tart and and get a proper fucking job! :rofl-lol:

Edited by Dazey

YOU didn't get it. They left the band therefore they're godlike nowadays. When they were in the band I was one defending both of them against retarded and moronic hating. It's always been like that. And no, I'm not talking about YOU, but mostly about the general GNR fanbase.

Sixx: AM are great - traditional, but great.

Gonna listen to their last album again, only listened to it once and even though they were too traditional, they had some good songs.

YOU didn't get it. They left the band therefore they're godlike nowadays. When they were in the band I was one defending both of them against retarded and moronic hating. It's always been like that. And no, I'm not talking about YOU, but mostly about the general GNR fanbase.

Loved em both from the first time I saw them with the band and I got really excited to see where it would lead. Robin can't play for shit in a live situation on the old songs but I rate him as a writer and Bucket is just Bucket and can do no wrong in my eyes. You did refer to me earlier though but you're forgiven! :lol:

rocketqueen1985-

robin and bucket recorded shitloads of songs before you knew who dj ashba was. the next record will be those songs. not ballad o death or mi amor

Robin doesn't have songwriting contributions enough for you to praise him like that and Bucket, well, Bucket is great but recycles too much of his own material and plays the same patterns over and over and over again. I wouldn't say they are/were the tip of the iceberg when we're talking about inventiveness - even though Bucket is an extremely talented virtuoso and a very diverse player, he doesn't hold a candle to Lane or Govan musically, or, yes, I'm gonna say it, Ron. :lol:

Sorry to stray off topic... any info on this? Specifically band interaction regarding Dublin? I feel like I head about it but forgot

rocketqueen1985-

robin and bucket recorded shitloads of songs before you knew who dj ashba was. the next record will be those songs. not ballad o death or mi amor

If that's the case all the people not liking DJ will have nothing to worry about, will they?

Some of you are picking apart specific people in the band. Have no idea what the collaboration is going to come out like, because it's changed since they worked on the bulk of these songs. I don't think any of the songs on here are under a decade old, just the re-recorded parts.

GNR has always been a diverse bunch musically, but they all had to have some middle ground when it came to the music. None of the AFD guys were strictly about one style of music, neither are nuGuns. Everyone that's EVER been in GNR had to be on board with that.

The only thing I hope for is being able to bring back some of the AFD vibe. Maybe Tobias, McKagan, and Stradlin would bring some of that - as guests. Same with Sebastian, maybe he and Axl can co-write again. And have Mike Clink engineer a months' worth of sessions (with Axl and DJ co-producing). But I think it would be enough to take it full circle. Even if one or two songs came out of it.

I think DJ's job is when to stop playing with the Pro Tools.

rocketqueen1985-

If that's the case all the people not liking DJ will have nothing to worry about, will they?

exactly. dj is a live act at rock concerts