"We're getting ready to go back in to the studio" New Fortus Video

hitmanhart408

I don't understand why people are so against DJ being on the new record. I mean, do you hate "Ballad of Death" and "Mi Amor" that much?

rocketqueen1985-

robin and bucket recorded shitloads of songs before you knew who dj ashba was. the next record will be those songs. not ballad o death or mi amor

If that's the case all the people not liking DJ will have nothing to worry about, will they?

exactly. dj is a live act at rock concerts

No, he is not. He is a full member of the band much like Robin was and most likely will be on the next record, like it or not. The old sessions dont need the band to get in a studio like they probably will do when the tour is over - like they did last year.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why people are so against DJ being on the new record. I mean, do you hate "Ballad of Death" and "Mi Amor" that much?

rocketqueen1985-

robin and bucket recorded shitloads of songs before you knew who dj ashba was. the next record will be those songs. not ballad o death or mi amor

If that's the case all the people not liking DJ will have nothing to worry about, will they?

I do not believe Axl's only intention with DJ is to have him play shows.

Axl is not a magician, he will not turn DJ into an avant-garde guitar player. DJ will play the same patterns, same riffs, same style, you can't change that. That's not a good thing because he is a generic hard rock guy. It's all he knows. Ron is a lot more versatile but still, average compared to Buckethead (seriously, listen to their solo carreers and compare). Axl needs to save the day.

It's hard to believe some people still find negatives to this. This is good news. DJ is a great addition, both live and as a possible writer and co-producer. Like the current line up or not, it is the best chance we have at ever hearing something new. Axl needs someone yound and energetic like DJ to help motivate him. This band has always had trouble getting new music out all the way back to the AFD days. Since no is left but Axl, it seems like he is the problem. This band is always talking about recording new music. The old line-up didn't gel as well as this one, I think something great can come out of it, if they get Axl to move before the end of the decade.

I think one man mutiny was written after the big blow up between axl del tommy and fortus after the dublin '10 gig concerning his behavior and the lyrics speak for themselves, including the all gnr -minus ron & goose music video. Had an intervention vibe to it specifically the "you think you know whats best for all but you just dont give a damn" i guess alludes to not moving forward with the new band and offering up excuses that dont quite cut it with the band anymore.

Sorry to stray off topic... any info on this? Specifically band interaction regarding Dublin? I feel like I head about it but forgot

"'One Man Mutiny' was inspired by a conversation between our tour manager Del James, Richard Fortus [GUNS N' ROSES guitarist] and myself somewhere in Ireland. The video is Dizzy Reed [GUNS N' ROSES keyboardist], Richard, and I recording the song live to my laptop in the restaurant of the Conrad Hotel in Brussels, Belgium.

"Thanks to Richard and Dizzy for helping to make the song what it is — well done, men!"

from blabbermouth

rocketqueen1985-

I do not believe Axl's only intention with DJ is to have him play shows.

it's what dj ashba is. ron thal is

Axl is not a magician, he will not turn DJ into an avant-garde guitar player. DJ will play the same patterns, same riffs, same style, you can't change that. That's not a good thing because he is a generic hard rock guy. It's all he knows. Ron is a lot more versatile but still, average compared to Buckethead (seriously, listen to their solo carreers and compare). Axl needs to save the day.

Why does he need to be an avant-garde wizard like Bucket or Bumble? Slash is not well known for originality at all, yet he still created some brilliant stuff. DJ might turn out to have something great of his own for GnR. We don't know, he hasn't been on a record yet.

I'm also skeptical of judging too closely by the other records he's been on, as he would have written and played with a mindset for Mötley Crüe and Sixx AM, not for Guns. If I'd known Slash only from VR and not Guns, I wouldn't think he was half the guitarist he is. Maybe writing with GnR in his head will inspire something cool, maybe playing alongside such talented people as Bumblefoot and Fortus for the last few years will have driven him to advance his playing. I don't know. I'm going to wait and see.

Edited by Flayer

Why does he need to be an avant-garde wizard like Bucket or Bumble? Slash is not well known for originality at all, yet he still created some brilliant stuff. DJ might turn out to have something great of his own for GnR. We don't know, he hasn't been on a record yet.

I'm also skeptical of judging too closely by the other records he's been on, as he would have written and played with a mindset for Mötley Crüe and Sixx AM, not for Guns. If I'd known Slash only from VR and not Guns, I wouldn't think he was half the guitarist he is. Maybe writing with GnR in his head will inspire something cool, maybe playing alongside such talented people as Bumblefoot and Fortus for the last few years will have driven him to advance his playing. I don't know. I'm going to wait and see.

This is my hope. :thumbsup:

I've posted this on similar threads regarding a new record that if axl (or the label?) decides to make it a mix between the old session stuff and the new guys then I would be hopeful of the "epics" twat prostitute etc with lead guitar from from fink/bucket lined up with maybe more classic rock eathy vibe tracks from fortus/thal/ashba replacing the likes of scraped/riad/schacklers etc

that said im still desperate to hear what became of silkworms era stuff that axl thought we weren't ready for, maybe just make that stuff a digital release, better than never hearing it.

Exactly. WTF had Robin done before Better? WTF has Paul Tobias done since TWAT? Axl and GnR in general are the ultimate steroids.

Exactly. WTF had Robin done before Better? WTF has Paul Tobias done since TWAT? Axl and GnR in general are the ultimate steroids.

robin finck did NIN before Guns n roses live shows, chinese democracy world tours, and the chinese democracy record

for the record, paul tobias isn't TWAT. robin and bucket are TWAT