Axl Rose needs to record with Adele.

arnold layne

I don't know if it's just me, but I don't even know any songs by Adele. What the fuck does she sing? I assume pop ballads...

Mostly about food. She's huge!...Literallly & figuratively. Just YouTube her.

And yet she probably sings a lot better than you can, and she's big for a reason. She has talent so people like her and she can feed herself.

Yep- I can't sing. She can out sing (and eat) me.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's up to Slash or Bon Jovi do something like that, not Axl. :thumbsup:

Good point.

Those guys would make more sense. Two guys that really make an effort to give their fans music to enjoy.

Axl is my favorite singer, but I sure wish he was a prolific as Slash and JBJ.

I'm all for new music, not for shitty new music, so you could be right. New music with Ozzy, Duff, Myles, Lemmy as guests, yes, that's nice. New music with Cypress Hill and Paulina Rubio or, uh, The All American Rejects? NO FUCKING WAY.

Music preference is purely a personal choice. I don't mind seeing artists take risks and trying new things.

A duet with Ozzy would be pretty predicable.....a duet with Adele would be way outside the box, so I would be interesting in hearing it.

At the end of the day, I would just love to hear Axl on any new music, no matter who it is with.

Good point.

Those guys would make more sense. Two guys that really make an effort to give their fans music to enjoy.

I'm all for new music, not for shitty new music, so you could be right. New music with Ozzy, Duff, Myles, Lemmy as guests, yes, that's nice. New music with Cypress Hill and Paulina Rubio or, uh, The All American Rejects? NO FUCKING WAY.

Music preference is purely a personal choice. I don't mind seeing artists take risks and trying new things.

A duet with Ozzy would be pretty predicable.....a duet with Adele would be way outside the box, so I would be interesting in hearing it.

At the end of the day, I would just love to hear Axl on any new music, no matter who it is with.

Yes, it is subjective, but there's a difference in doing a great duo with Lemmy (which is a talented musician) and Adele (who's a female pop singer that was never impressive or inventive - at least to me, correct me if I'm wrong - or whatever). Would you tell me that Bon Jovi's lastest album is as good musically as Slippery When Wet? Hardly. They're following a very simple pop/rock pattern that goes no-fucking-where. As I said before, if I could choose between Axl giving us shitty music almost every year like Bon Jovi does and an album like Chinese every 4-5 years, my answer would be obvious.

yes, artist who actually release new music. What a bad thing. Its much better to discuss a musicians clthes, weight and blood type than his NEW music. Must really suck to be a slash fan, new music, new albums, fresh tours. Man, that must really be horrible

Good point.

Yes, it is subjective, but there's a difference in doing a great duo with Lemmy (which is a talented musician) and Adele (who's a female pop singer that was never impressive or inventive - at least to me, correct me if I'm wrong - or whatever). Would you tell me that Bon Jovi's lastest album is as good musically as Slippery When Wet? Hardly. They're following a very simple pop/rock pattern that goes no-fucking-where. As I said before, if I could choose between Axl giving us shitty music almost every year like Bon Jovi does and an album like Chinese every 4-5 years, my answer would be obvious.

Would you say that CD is as good of an album as Appetite?

I think you are confusing two different issues here (I say that respectfully). You are confusing your own personal taste in music with "quality" of music or in saying how good something is. I'd bet the majority of Adele fans would laugh at the idea of her doing a duet with Axl Rose. Does that mean Axl sucks? No. It just means people have different tastes in music. Just because you (or me) love a certain band or singer or type of music doesn't always equate to them being more talented than somebody else. You love Lemmy. Lots of people don't. Musical taste. I don't really like him that much, nor do I listen to much Motorhead. But I understand the importance he has made to hard rock history. Just not my cup of tea.

Now. Taking away personal likes and dislikes, your BJ vs current GnR debate is clearly not one you should make. It doesn't present the current band in a good light.

AGAIN - NOT TALKING ABOUT PERSONAL TASTE. Just in reality and facts. Or in terms of that band's specific FAN satisfaction. Compare what Bon Jovi fans have received compared to what GnR fans have.

One band has put out one album since 2000. It sold around 3 million copies. No grammy awards or nominations. No mainstream hits. Touring as been strong overseas - and mediocre in the US (at best).

The other band has put out FIVE albums in that same time period. Each album has sold an average of 2.5 to 4 million copies. Their tours sell out. I think three of those albums hit number one on Billboard. They have songs that are hits. And they've gotten nominated and won Grammy awards. (as well as other awards).

This band also releases bonus tracks, B-sides, live DVDs, box sets featuring unreleased music.

AGAIN - NOT TALKING ABOUT YOUR OWN SPECIFIC TASTE IN MUSIC.

Which fans do you think are happier?

Which band cares more about their fans?

Quality of quantity.....again, this can only be applied to that band's fan base.

So ask yourself these questions.

Axl worshippers love to talk about quality or quantity. Are you saying that Axl isn't capable of writing and creating quality music every few years? That his talent level as a writer/creator is limited to 15 songs every 10 years?

You guys label me a hater.......but I actually have more faith in Axl than you guys do. I think he is extremely talented and could put out an album every 3 years and that album would be amazing. I think he has the skills to create more than one song per year. You guys don't. And you prove that with the "I'd rather have one Axl album every 15 years than a crappy album every 3 years"..............I think Axl could easily put out quality music on a more timely basis. Weird that you guys don't have faith in his ability like I do.

Bottom line.........

All the albums released by both bands basically sold the same amount of copies............difference? One band released five albums, one released one. One band sells out their tours - one band doesn't. One band routinely is honored by Grammy nominations and other awards - one band isn't. One band produces songs that are considered "hits" and one band doesn't. One band loves to release music for its fans - one band chooses to guard their unreleased songs like they are top secret documents. One band is in operation for its fans - one band isn't. (That last sentence is in relationship to the integrity vs sell out example you were probably going to lose.

You might think that Bon Jovi sucks. Just like Bon Jovi fans might think GnR sucks. But at the end of the day, it is ridiculous to compare the two bands in terms of their careers. Bon Jovi blows GnR away in every MEASURABLE aspect. Maybe not in terms of what YOU personally feel is "quality" or good music. But in looking at the two bands, without a bias, and just looking at the facts.....it is no contest.

Would you rather have five albums by Axl since 2000......or would you rather just have one? And please answer that without bringing BJ or any other band into your answer. As an Axl fan, would you rather have 80 songs by him since 2000 or are you happy with 16?