Are we eventually going to have to replace GNR with another band or do you think Axl will save a posthumous album for us?

Randy Lahey

Are we eventually going to have to replace GNR with another band or do you think Axl will save a posthumous album for us? I figure Axl will retire from Chinese Democracy Tours at some point soon, and I was wondering how we'd carry on the board without his continuous activity. It would kind of suck if this place became a forum for a band that doesn't exist anymore.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Are we eventually going to have to replace GNR with another band or do you think Axl will save a posthumous album for us? I figure Axl will retire from Chinese Democracy Tours at some point soon, and I was wondering how we'd continue the board without his activity anymore. It would kind of suck if it became a forum for a band that didn't exist anymore.

this is the only band forum i post on i used to post on the ronniejamesdio forums but once ronnie passed the forums faded and are a ghost town now. i think the forums will be here but i dont think people would post that much. or the forums could be used to talk about whatever lol

I suppose we could try replacing GNR with a completely new band, but I don't know if that would go over well with the general posting public. We might end up posting to a half empty forum.

Edited by Randy Lahey

I suppose we could try replacing GNR with a completely new band, but I don't know if that would go over well with the general posting public. We might end up posting to a half empty forum.

probably lol i still think we get more music out of axl when he passes than when he is alive so i think we will still have stuff to talk about especially if albums come out tupac style

Are we eventually going to have to replace GNR with another band or do you think Axl will save a posthumous album for us? I figure Axl will retire from Chinese Democracy Tours at some point soon, and I was wondering how we'd continue the board without his activity anymore. It would kind of suck if it became a forum for a band that didn't exist anymore.

Long after Axl is gone, there are going to be people crying about a reunion. Even is slash is dead too. Biterness and hate has some serious staying power.

I'm not sure you have to "replace" a band because they have passed away. There are plenty of singers and bands that are still peoples all time favorites, even though they are long gone. GnR will be no exception for me.

They have been my band since 1987, I can't see that changing.

He could tupac our ass and come out with 37 albums, with 40% of fans swearing he is still alive.

I'll be one of them. Axl aint never gonna die, at the very least he wont die on time.

Long after Axl is gone, there are going to be people crying about a reunion. Even is slash is dead too. Biterness and hate has some serious staying power.

I'm not sure you have to "replace" a band because they have passed away. There are plenty of singers and bands that are still peoples all time favorites, even though they are long gone. GnR will be no exception for me.

They have been my band since 1987, I can't see that changing.

He could tupac our ass and come out with 37 albums, with 40% of fans swearing he is still alive.

I'll be one of them. Axl aint never gonna die, at the very least he wont die on time.

a reunion with a hologram no doubt

Eventually Axl will be able to launch tours with an all hologram or maybe even clone band. If he stockpiles enough songs, the hologram/clone band could tour every 4 or so years and conceivably keep the forum going through all of our life times. So then it would be just a matter of Axl being able to acquire the hologram/cloning rights to each of his dream GNR members. Or he could even use himself and a generic fictional band of tattooed rockers.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Are we going to have to replace Randy with another thread starter?

dont think so if it would ever come to that we would have to have a ceremony to retire his avatar in the mygnrforum rafters

Edited by bran

If Axl auditioned singers maybe there could be a franchise GNR band. It could be like a chain. One in every city. A hologram would be better though because it would be the "real" GNR or image of the band playing in your front room and would be able to access it instantaneously at any time. I think a Blu Ray might be the next move. Stay tuned.

holograms, clones, continuing the band with other people.... all terrible TERRIBLE ideas. To me, it's gross. Band's don't last forever. Unfortunately, in the GNR world, most people don't realize when it's time for things to come to an end...

On the other hand, surely the CD material will come out when Axl dies unless his will says "burn all the masters!" which, now that I think about it, is more likely than one would think lol

Are we eventually going to have to replace GNR with another band or do you think Axl will save a posthumous album for us? I figure Axl will retire from Chinese Democracy Tours at some point soon, and I was wondering how we'd carry on the board without his continuous activity. It would kind of suck if this place became a forum for a band that doesn't exist anymore.

The boards are always dependent on the people running it and the people posting in it. Once there's complete disinterest or if money to keep the forum up is an issue, then it'll shut down. There's always fan forums popping up and going offline. I think GNR forums are dependent on a few things: new music, live shows, and new fans.

There's forums of artists no longer with us, which have a wide range of ages, but there's only so much you can discuss on artists that have had a lot written about them. I also think when it's an official fan forum that the family runs, and takes part in, you get a lot of stories that don't make it into bios.

Slash Featuring Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators :rofl-lol:

Or replace the current GnR w/ the HOF induction Band featuring Myles Kennedy :rofl-lol:

Slash Featuring Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators :rofl-lol:

Or replace the current GnR w/ the HOF induction Band featuring Myles Kennedy :rofl-lol:

I wish Axl got back to showing up at shows and singing with a club band for a couple of songs. Surprised he never did it with Steel Panther under their former aliases.