Buckethead and Robin are history, get over it and move on.

Towelie

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I miss them both. The early years of "NuGNR" had a lot of promise. I think the band would have more credibility if he'd at least kept that lineup together.

i agree. guns n roses had lots of promise in 2001-2002. buckethead, robin finck, tommy stinson, richard fortus, and brain had something special together

all that was missing for them was the chinese democracy record by axl rose

but they had lots of promise and big potential in the 2000's

The 2002 lineup can't be compared to the original lineup, but that's what I liked so much about it, aside from the musicians, it was a different beast altogether. They were like a circus with all these clashing personalities onstage but they sounded damn good and Axl, even though his voice wasn't the best and he was 10 years younger, he seemed so much more more into it, like he genuinely enjoyed what he was part of. I'm not saying he doesn't enjoy it now, but this is just my perception and my thoughts on that lineup.

I would love to hear more of what the CD lineup put together but yes the lineup has changed so any new music will have to reflect the current members I guess, although I appreciate Ron and interested to hear him write in the context of gnr. Would be great though if there were at least one or two songs from the previous sessions coming out, considering that we haven't heard the best of what was recorded yet ie "The General", "Soul Monster" etc

The 2002 lineup can't be compared to the original lineup, but that's what I liked so much about it, aside from the musicians, it was a different beast altogether. They were like a circus with all these clashing personalities onstage but they sounded damn good and Axl, even though his voice wasn't the best and he was 10 years younger, he seemed so much more more into it, like he genuinely enjoyed what he was part of. I'm not saying he doesn't enjoy it now, but this is just my perception and my thoughts on that lineup.

I would love to hear more of what the CD lineup put together but yes the lineup has changed so any new music will have to reflect the current members I guess, although I appreciate Ron and interested to hear him write in the context of gnr. Would be great though if there were at least one or two songs from the previous sessions coming out, considering that we haven't heard the best of what was recorded yet ie "The General", "Soul Monster" etc

the 2002 guns n roses lineup is a magical beast of rock n roll classics like Better and TIL

Finck and Bucket blew their chance. They also set the band back and are part of the struggles Axl Rose had to face.

lol are you kidding me?

The didn't blow jack shit. They left because they were and always will be too good for GNR.

Bucket went on to make more albums in a year than Axl will make in a lifetime and Robin left to tour with one of the best bands ever. They didn't blow it. Axl did.

And he has only himself to blame for the setbacks he faced.

Considering the fact that he has basically begged for Bucket to return and performed with Robin earlier this year/alway speaks for highly of him - I think Axl agrees.

Great post.

Those guys got tired of waiting for Axl to decide to release an album.

The same thing that is probably going to happen again with current band members.

Worshippers like to say that the delay in new music is pretty standard compared to other bands at GnR's level. From other topics I looked up a couple bands that have achieved the same level of success as GnR, that started at similar times and guess what? It is NOT the case at all.

Bon Jovi put out 5 albums in the last 10 years.

Metallica has put out something like 6 full albums and 5 EPs of live/unreleased music in the last 15 years.

GnR? 1 album in the last 15 years.

And the common response is "I'll take one masterpiece every 15 years rather than Axl selling out and releasing crappy music every two years"............first off, that just shows you don't have much faith in our favorite singer. Second, really? You'd really rather have one album from Axl every 15 years, than to have him release 6 albums and 5 EPs of live and unreleased music? You don't think if Axl release 120 songs over the next decade that the majority of them wouldn't be great? You think one album (15 songs) in the next decade would produce a GREATER LISTENING EXPERIENCE for fans than ahving 120 songs to choose from? And you say Axl is your favorite singer? Crazy.

But ya, Finck and Bucket quit because of Axl's lack of productivity. The guitar players didn't cause the problem, Axl did. Anybody who thinks otherwise has let their worshipping cloud their ability to think rationally.

Finck and Bucket blew their chance. They also set the band back and are part of the struggles Axl Rose had to face.

lol are you kidding me?

The didn't blow jack shit. They left because they were and always will be too good for GNR.

Bucket went on to make more albums in a year than Axl will make in a lifetime and Robin left to tour with one of the best bands ever. They didn't blow it. Axl did.

And he has only himself to blame for the setbacks he faced.

Considering the fact that he has basically begged for Bucket to return and performed with Robin earlier this year/alway speaks for highly of him - I think Axl agrees.

Great post.

Those guys got tired of waiting for Axl to decide to release an album.

The same thing that is probably going to happen again with current band members.

Worshippers like to say that the delay in new music is pretty standard compared to other bands at GnR's level. From other topics I looked up a couple bands that have achieved the same level of success as GnR, that started at similar times and guess what? It is NOT the case at all.

Bon Jovi put out 5 albums in the last 10 years.

Metallica has put out something like 6 full albums and 5 EPs of live/unreleased music in the last 15 years.

GnR? 1 album in the last 15 years.

And the common response is "I'll take one masterpiece every 15 years rather than Axl selling out and releasing crappy music every two years"............first off, that just shows you don't have much faith in our favorite singer. Second, really? You'd really rather have one album from Axl every 15 years, than to have him release 6 albums and 5 EPs of live and unreleased music? You don't think if Axl release 120 songs over the next decade that the majority of them wouldn't be great? You think one album (15 songs) in the next decade would produce a GREATER LISTENING EXPERIENCE for fans than ahving 120 songs to choose from? And you say Axl is your favorite singer? Crazy.

But ya, Finck and Bucket quit because of Axl's lack of productivity. The guitar players didn't cause the problem, Axl did. Anybody who thinks otherwise has let their worshipping cloud their ability to think rationally.

it would be standard if guns n roses released several albums between 1993-2012. but guns n roses hasn't done it

the problem is axl rose and team brazil don't address us. give updates. or anything.

we need action on guns n roses from axl and management

A new sig in memory of what could have been. RIP

i wish axl would address our issues. why doesn't axl address us?

He's too busy having his issues addressed.

like axl's stolen jewels?

Find Dizzy and you'll also find Axl's jewels.

lol. dizzy reed shook his head and said "it is what it is" about not showing up at the HOF for guns n roses induction n performance

Ay-o

I just refuse

:D

i just refuse 2. bucket and robin the most significant part of guns n roses. post slash, duff, izzy, dizzy, gilby, steven, and matt

+1

Chinese Democracy is a Buckethead, Robin Finck, Brain record with Axl on Vocals. I don't view it any other way.

What is sad is all the most talented people from that era are gone. Left with Stinson's drunk politicking ass, dizzy reed (yawn), another keyboard player,etc.

give me those four you mentioned and a Duff on bass and ill bet one mother of an album comes out of it.

Ay-o

I just refuse

i just refuse 2. bucket and robin the most significant part of guns n roses. post slash, duff, izzy, dizzy, gilby, steven, and matt

+1

Chinese Democracy is a Buckethead, Robin Finck, Brain record with Axl on Vocals. I don't view it any other way.

+2

certainly chinese democracy isn't a ron thal, dj ashba, dizzy reed, frank or pittman record with axl on vocals

You can't + yourself doofus. It's obvious to everyone that you already agree with yourself.

i give the fan a +2. not myself. i give the fan a +2 cause i agree with the fan

It doesn't work that way when "the fan" is doing nothing but agreeing with what you already said.

Meanwhile in Africa... :hahafyou:

Ay-o

I just refuse

+1

+2

certainly chinese democracy isn't a ron thal, dj ashba, dizzy reed, frank or pittman record with axl on vocals

You can't + yourself doofus. It's obvious to everyone that you already agree with yourself.

i give the fan a +2. not myself. i give the fan a +2 cause i agree with the fan

It doesn't work that way when "the fan" is doing nothing but agreeing with what you already said.

meanwhile in africa dj and bumble scramble 2 write and record guns n roses songs. robin and bucket have already beat the monkeys and ate the mangos

meanwhile in africa dj and bumble scramble 2 write and record guns n roses songs. robin and bucket have already beat the monkeys and ate the mangos

Good job pi, now you have her gibbering again.

finck- Nobody gives a shit about who is beating their monkey.

The shit is this fuck?

it's a metaphor. duh. the thing is dj and ron thal haven't written guns n roses songs. what do they do? they're dependable live acts 4 rock concerts every night around the world. robin and bucket were different than dj and ron. they actually recorded chinese democracy songs. they weren't add ons like bumblefoot and frank. they did the big solos on every big guns song after slash and duff. they spent countless hours in the recording studio. they didn't make fun of fans wanting silkworms played at concerts like bumble made fun of fans about it. robin and bucket are dedicated in guns n roses 4 fans

it's a metaphor. duh. the thing is dj and ron thal haven't written guns n roses songs. what do they do? they're dependable live acts 4 rock concerts every night around the world. robin and bucket were different than dj and ron. they actually recorded chinese democracy songs. they weren't add ons like bumblefoot and frank. they did the big solos on every big guns song after slash and duff. they spent countless hours in the recording studio. they didn't make fun of fans wanting silkworms played at concerts like bumble made fun of fans about it. robin and bucket are dedicated in guns n roses 4 fans

And you know that Ron and DJ haven't written anything how?

Fuck that, I'm more interested in how you figured out how to spell metaphor. That had to be a more grueling process than getting Axl to release an album.

And you know that Ron and DJ haven't written anything how?

Fuck that, I'm more interested in how you figured out how to spell metaphor. That had to be a more grueling process than getting Axl to release an album.

um one way i know is the latest guns n roses record titled chinese democracy

it's easy 2 spell the word. i spell it like this: m-e-t-a-p-h-o-r